• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you want ReMind to Change Anything in the Canonical Story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

OneDandelion

Awards
I never said I didn't believe it: that's not even a question. I said it came across as a cop out plot point not earned. If the characters can't learn from Merlin, that's not an excuse, it's more bad writing. There's a war approaching and they are sent to train with someone who can only teach them so much in a place where time is infinite?
If thats the best source available to them at the time isn't that logical?

darknessofheart

Awards
If thats the best source available to them at the time isn't that logical?

I'm not looking at internal logic for fictional characters, I'm simply looking at the writing of the game. Merlin was far from their best source as Yen Sid would've made a better candidate, having been an accomplished keyblade master, but that's really beside my point.

Nomura went out his way to specifically state that they were trained where time has no meaning to imply that they can become true wielders in a short amount of time. Why would that be in the script if they don't even come out as good fighters in the base game?

I don't understand why Nomura couldn't have just written them to be trained and then truly take part in the battle where Kairi doesn't just easily get nabbed and they have moments to shine. Since DDD, the series has built them up to be trained and be part of the war, but the results simply do not justify all that build up. Kairi gets abducted and killed with barely a fight and Axel gets his keyblade destroyed without accomplishing much either.

Again though, at least Axel had a great story arc and progression, whereas Kairi has always been that motivation, for other characters, who always states she wants to help, but always gets abducted and needs to be saved. If that's her role in Nomura's eyes, I don't agree with it, but the games before that were clearly building it up to be something more.

Last edited:

OneDandelion

Awards
I'm not looking at internal logic for fictional characters, I'm simply looking at the writing of the game. Merlin was far from their best source as Yen Sid would've made a better candidate, having been an accomplished keyblade master, but that's really beside my point.

Nomura went out his way to specifically state that they were trained where time has no meaning to imply that they can become true wielders in a short amount of time. Why would that be in the script in they don't even come out as good fighters in the base game?

I don't understand why Nomura couldn't have just written them to be trained and then truly take part in the battle where Kairi doesn't just easily get nabbed and they have moments to shine. Since DDD, the series has built them up to be trained to be part of the war and the results simply do not justify all that build up. Kairi gets abducted and killed with barely a fight and Axel gets his keyblade destroyed without accomplishing much either.

Again though, at least Axel had a great story arc and progression, whereas Kairi has always been that motivation for other characters that always states she wants to help, but always gets abducted and needs to be saved. If that's her role in Nomura's eyes, I don't agree with it, but the games before that were clearly building it up to be something more.
Honestly when we have characters like Terranort, Saix, and Xemnas, Vanitas, Xehanort who have been shown on the verge of murdering groups of keyblade wielders/masters with op abilities I am not totally convinced that Kairi should be able to stand her own in any capacity after getting her keyblade 2 weeks ago.

The only way that would be possible is assuming Merlins book was a hyperbolic time chamber capable of summoning thousands of enemies increasing in difficulty which would be a complete asspull at this point while simultaneously teaching her all of the techniques she needs. Even if Kairi was directly trained by Yen Sid there wouldnt be enough time to make that believable.

Imo the only thing that should be criticized about the ending of KH3 is how ridiculous it is to believe that Sora could fight off a million billion heartless, every member of the organization, save everyone, and defeat Xehanort with the X-blade. To me, if anything needs to be changed its this.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The only way that would be possible is assuming Merlins book was a hyperbolic time chamber capable of summoning thousands of enemies increasing in difficulty which would be a complete asspull at this point while simultaneously teaching her all of the techniques she needs. Even if Kairi was directly trained by Yen Sid there wouldnt be enough time to make that believable

In a place where time doesn't matter, there wouldn't be enough time? I don't see how that works.

Given how powerful both Merlin and Yen Sid are said to be and the fact that Yen Sid has successfully trained Mickey to be a Master. I find it hard for the two of them not to be able to put together a training program that could help Kairi and Axel to perform better.

Especially considering they'd in theory at least have access to the Data Battles Sora fought, if that part of KH2FM is cannon.

Honestly the issue isn't that Axel and Kairi got defeated and Kairi got killed, but that the story framed Kairi to be an important part of the battle leading into KH3 and the previous games repeatedly having Kairi express a desire to help fight only for her not to get to shine. Unless you count her redoing what she did in KH1 off screen, by saving Sora from fading, her moment to shine.

It would have gone a long way if, Kairi was given a goal and allowed to reach it (this is true for all characters of course, seeing no one but Sora got to accomplish anything). They could have had her fight and use her light based meteor attack to clear out the heartless swarming around them before the maze or have her successfully take down a boss type heartless. She was framed as a fighter, but wasn't allowed even one on screen victory against anything other than lowly shadow.

I'd have much rather had her killed in battle than damseled for the 3rd time and killed while unconscious. Have her die taking a blow meant for Sora, fulfilling her promise to keep him safe.

Imo the only thing that should be criticized about the ending of KH3 is how ridiculous it is to believe that Sora could fight off a million billion heartless, every member of the organization, save everyone, and defeat Xehanort with the X-blade. To me, if anything needs to be changed its this.

This is something a lot of us do take issue with, Sora felt out of place and over powered in a lot of these fights.

While I do like that the final fight in the Saga was Sora, Donald and Goofy Vs. a version of Ansem. I would have preferred it, if leading up to the final stage of the battle the various people he's wronged and hurt could have gotten a swing in at him. Tagging in and out as he morphed and changed Scala.

I also don't see why Sora had to battle all the Norts, with Riku and Aqua being playable they could have just taken care of some of them.

If Sora absolutely had to fight all Norts then the ones, taken care by Aqua and Riku's teams, could have faced of against Sora earlier in the worlds he visited to test him like the Org Members did in Castle Oblivion.

OneDandelion

Awards
In a place where time doesn't matter, there wouldn't be enough time? I don't see how that works.
I wrote that in an odd way, but I'm under the impression that the options would be that Merlin could train her with the book and unlimited time or Yen Sid could have trained her without the book and a small window of time.

Although how sure are we that time doesn't really matter inside that book anyway? If we're only going by what Kairi said writing her journal it could have been an exaggeration and time may have only been extended.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I wrote that in an odd way, but I'm under the impression that the options would be that Merlin could train her with the book and unlimited time or Yen Sid could have trained her without the book and a small window of time.

Although how sure are we that time doesn't really matter inside that book anyway? If we're only going by what Kairi said writing her journal it could have been an exaggeration and time may have only been extended.
It could be that Kairi is using hyperbole in her letter. Still her wording "a place where time doesn't matter" and "we can take as long as we need to complete our training" both strongly imply they didn't feel any time crunch.

In the amount of time those two spent in there, Sora went from "all powers lost" to "Master equivalent". The way the narrative framed the Secret Forest, in the same time Axel and Kairi should have been able to make progress similar to Riku in DDD, especially Axel who is comabt experienced. But they performed closer to what I'd expect, if they didn't have the extra time mentioned.

While I don't see the implication for it to be an either/or situation regarding the wizards, I do admit we don't know anything about Secret Forest or the rules that govern it. We don't even know what or where it is, all we know is that time is slower there. So it's possible that Yen Sid couldn't enter it.

Still he could have instructed Merlin to craft many of the same scenarios he had Mickey run in his training. I seriously hope they did more in there than face off against furniture and each other.

OneDandelion

Awards
In the amount of time those two spent in there, Sora went from "all powers lost" to "Master equivalent". The way the narrative framed the Secret Forest, in the same time Axel and Kairi should have been able to make progress similar to Riku in DDD, especially Axel who is comabt experienced. But they performed closer to what I'd expect, if they didn't have the extra time mentioned.
It seems to me that Sora and Riku both have obtained power through sheer happenstance. Maybe "luck" is too strong of a word, but the strength of Riku and Sora seems to surpass Terra, Aqua, and Ven as well. After the events of DDD Yen Sid did not make Sora a master but I doubt that was because he wasn't "strong" enough, even back then I thought it was a maturity issue that he hid behind an arbitrary qualifier like "master the power of waking".

Anyway, the thing is the power scaling in this series went from ridiculous to immeasurable in KH3. I honestly can't even tell who is strong or who poses a threat to anyone anymore. Maybe Kairi should have been able to fight back a bit, who knows.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It seems to me that Sora and Riku both have obtained power through sheer happenstance. Maybe "luck" is too strong of a word, but the strength of Riku and Sora seems to surpass Terra, Aqua, and Ven as well. After the events of DDD Yen Sid did not make Sora a master but I doubt that was because he wasn't "strong" enough, even back then I thought it was a maturity issue that he hid behind an arbitrary qualifier like "master the power of waking".

Anyway, the thing is the power scaling in this series went from ridiculous to immeasurable in KH3. I honestly can't even tell who is strong or who poses a threat to anyone anymore. Maybe Kairi should have been able to fight back a bit, who knows.
I agree that the main issue with Sora is the lack of maturity. Through out all of the games he has proven his strength and skill.

That said the ending of KH0.2 and beginning of KH3 pretty clearly state that Sora once again lost his strength and abilities like after Chain of Memories in kh2. Characters frequently mention him being weaker. Though his feats in the game make him seem as strong as ever, which make it hard to believe.

OneDandelion

Awards
I agree that the main issue with Sora is the lack of maturity. Through out all of the games he has proven his strength and skill.

That said the ending of KH0.2 and beginning of KH3 pretty clearly state that Sora once again lost his strength and abilities like after Chain of Memories in kh2. Characters frequently mention him being weaker. Though his feats in the game make him seem as strong as ever, which make it hard to believe.
Maybe he gets his power back once he masters the power of waking. The game never directly comes out and says he gets his strength back but its hard to believe this wasnt the case sometime around the end of the game when Sora was transcending realities.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Clearly we need Terranort in 100 Acre Woods so that every world finally has an org member.
You know part of me wished we could have seen either Young or old Xehanort in 100 Acre Woods. A head cannon of mine is that before Merlin got the book it was owned by Xehanort and Eraqus' master for a time. The two of them could have visited the world

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Clearly we need Terranort in 100 Acre Woods so that every world finally has an org member.
I honestly wouldn't mind this. XD

You know part of me wished we could have seen either Young or old Xehanort in 100 Acre Woods. A head cannon of mine is that before Merlin got the book it was owned by Xehanort and Eraqus' master for a time. The two of them could have visited the world
Cooler than my headcanon of Merlin accidentally stealing it from Christopher Robin.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Coming back here to drop some more things I want changed for "How KH3 should have ended" aka ReMind.

I want Axel to play a role in reviving Roxas and Xion, and I don't care if they have to change history to do it. I've been rewatching DDD and seeing Lea get his Keyblade, while out of nowhere, I wish they had followed through on that he actually saves his friends. It would have given his Keyblade more meaning and a actual reason to be a wielder other then the artificial reason why they gave him one (because he's a main character and all trio members must have one) I love Axel but have been quite critical on Lea in how they handwaved his flaws that made Axel such a compelling character that was neither on the hero or villains side but his own.

I wish he had played a role in getting Roxas a body and then helping to wake him up and snap Xion out of her factory mode setting. It would be that coming full circle moment of Axel the guy who drove Roxas away with lies and brought Xion back to be "reprogrammed" by Xemnas, is now the one who helps bring them back to life. HOW DARE THEY NOT GIVE ME THAT RAX MOMENT!

I know they wanted to do some redemption story with Saix being the one to technically do it, but they could have done something else with him to redeem him with that group. And what's the point of it if we never see Saix do it himself anyway? But yeah, I just wanted to say that since I'm rewatching Lea get his Keyblade. Despite how random it was, if they had used it right Lea could have been one of the most worthy Keyblader wielders since Sora and Riku, if he was able to make amends for his part in the RAX fallout and actually bring back the friends he always says he will save.

I find Lea more disappointing then Kairi because unlike her, he actually had a story and a goal to reach :(

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I want Axel to play a role in reviving Roxas and Xion, and I don't care if they have to change history to do it. I've been rewatching DDD and seeing Lea get his Keyblade, while out of nowhere, I wish they had followed through on that he actually saves his friends. It would have given his Keyblade more meaning and a actual reason to be a wielder other then the artificial reason why they gave him one (because he's a main character and all trio members must have one) I love Axel but have been quite critical on Lea in how they handwaved his flaws that made Axel such a compelling character that was neither on the hero or villains side but his own.

I wish he had played a role in getting Roxas a body and then helping to wake him up and snap Xion out of her factory mode setting. It would be that coming full circle moment of Axel the guy who drove Roxas away with lies and brought Xion back to be "reprogrammed" by Xemnas, is now the one who helps bring them back to life. HOW DARE THEY NOT GIVE ME THAT RAX MOMENT!

I know they wanted to do some redemption story with Saix being the one to technically do it, but they could have done something else with him to redeem him with that group. And what's the point of it if we never see Saix do it himself anyway? But yeah, I just wanted to say that since I'm rewatching Lea get his Keyblade. Despite how random it was, if they had used it right Lea could have been one of the most worthy Keyblader wielders since Sora and Riku, if he was able to make amends for his part in the RAX fallout and actually bring back the friends he always says he will save
Yeah, the whole narrative purpose of Lea getting a Keyblade and joining the GoL was to bring Roxas, Xion, and Isa (to a lesser extent back). In the end he held no role to play in those events other than being Roxas' damsel, and he could've served that function without having a Keyblade anyway. It really does suck how they just dropped his storyline right at the moment of truth.

But your comment reminded me of another problem. I know I've given my issues with Roxas' return in the past, but this might just be the thing that kills it for me.

Roxas just... hops out of Sora's heart the second his friends are both in mortal danger. Like, his heart physically exits Sora's body entirely of it's own accord.

No one needed to use the PoW. No one needed to help guide him out. No one needed to take the time to reach his soul. No one needed to do ANYTHING for him to finally gain his spiritual freedom. Why is this a problem? Because Roxas, during KH2, DDD, and KH3 was framed and outright referred to as a "prisoner." A victim who was "trapped" in Sora's heart. He was so certain that his life was over that by the time we see him again in DDD, he's resigned himself to that fate. He held NO AGENCY, no VOICE, and that was the tragedy of his circumstance. He lost the things he yearned for the most. We can all agree on this right?

That's why Sora and Riku had to search for a new power in DDD. One that would allow them to awaken and release dormant, trapped hearts like his own. That is the sole reason the PoW was introduced as a concept, and the very thing that they use to free Ventus' heart. But when we get to KH3, now Roxas can suddenly eject himself from Sora's "prison" at will?? All this time he just needed to see his friends in danger (even though the Org Xion wasn't even the real one up until he intervened)? Yes, he was "awoken" and able to project himself to Sora after Axel died in KH2, but he could only project himself. He wasn't physically able to just exit Sora's body on a whim. That directly contradicts every element of set up that had to with his return, and throws a lot of it's thematic symbolism and metaphors out the window.

I wanted Roxas to finally claim the agency and freedom he was constantly denied as much as everyone else, but having the blonde just arbitrarily leave Sora's body (even somehow calling a replica that he shouldn't know existed) because he feels like it, implies that Roxas always had the ability to free himself. Body or not, voice or not, Sora didn't really need to do, learn, believe, or "wish" for anything in order for Roxas to come back. And it's so backwards that he's empowered in that way, only for him to have no real role in the plot afterwards. That newfound agency doesn't even carry past one scene, and it's freaking jarring as hell. Not to mention the most underwhelming "conclusion" to his arc they could've made (especially when he doesn't even bother speaking to Xion, Axel, Namine, or Sora on-screen).
*Edited for Grammatical Errors*

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yeah, the whole narrative purpose of Lea getting a Keyblade and joining the GoL was to bring Roxas, Xion, and Isa (to a lesser extent back). In the end he held no role to play in those events other than being Roxas' damsel, and he could've served that function without having a Keyblade anyway. It really does suck how they just dropped his storyline right at the moment of truth.

But your comment reminded me of another problem. I know I've given my issues with Roxas' return in the past, but this might just be the thing that kills it for me.

Roxas just... hops out of Sora's heart the second his friends are both in mortal danger. Like, his heart physically exits Sora's body entirely of it's own accord.

No one needed to use the PoW. No one needed to help guide him out. No one needed to take the time to reach his soul. No one needed to do ANYTHING for him to finally gain his spiritual freedom. Why is this a problem? Because Roxas, during KH2, DDD, and KH3 was framed and outright referred to as a "prisoner." A victim who was "trapped" in Sora's heart. He was so certain that his life was over that by the time we see him again in DDD, he's resigned himself to that fate. He held NO AGENCY, no VOICE, and that was the tragedy of his circumstance. He lost the things he yearned for the most. We can all agree on this right?

That's why Sora and Riku had to search for a new power in DDD. One that would allow them to awaken and release dormant, trapped hearts like his own. That is the sole reason the PoW was introduced as a concept, and the very thing that they use to free Ventus' heart. But when we get to KH3, now Roxas can suddenly eject himself from Sora's "prison" at will?? All this time he just needed to see his friends in danger (even though the Org Xion wasn't even the real one up until he intervened)? Yes, he was "awoken" and able to project himself to Sora after Axel died in KH2, but he could only project himself. He wasn't physically able to just exit Sora's body on a whim. That directly contradicts every element of set up that had to with his return, and throws a lot of it's thematic symbolism and metaphors out the window.

I wanted Roxas to finally claim the agency and freedom he was constantly denied as much as everyone else, but having the blonde just arbitrarily leave Sora's body (even somehow calling a replica that he shouldn't know existed) because he feels like it, implies that Roxas always had the ability to free himself. Body or not, voice or not, Sora didn't really need to do, learn, believe, or "wish" for anything in order for Roxas to come back. And it's so backwards that he's empowered in that way, only for him to have no real role in the plot afterwards. That newfound agency doesn't even carry past one scene, and it's freaking jarring as hell. Not to mention the most underwhelming "conclusion" to his arc they could've made (especially when he doesn't even bother speaking to Xion, Axel, Namine, or Sora on-screen).
*Edited for Grammatical Errors*
I get what your saying. Even though I still love that scene and I am unapologetically bias towards anything with Roxas and his friends in it, I can call it out for being a majorly flawed scene for the reasons you stated. This is why Roxas should have been revived earlier. Well that and I wanted more of my boi in the game!

To play devil's advocate for a second and this is a stretch. But what if ReMind tries to setup that the Sora that travels back in time goes through the hearts of others. Maybe he's in Roxas's station of awakening and guides Roxas out of current Sora's heart. What if he's also the one to move Xion's heart from his body to her's and once Roxas sparks her she's all set thanks to PoW Sora that time traveled back to the KG? I know this won't add up because if he time traveled then he should be in his own body of that time period. I just decided to try and throw that idea out there. Who knows what ReMind will do to explain it.

OneDandelion

Awards
The events of the maze and the way that Sora finishes off Xehanort needs a major patch. Which is extremely sad because those were the only relevant bits to the story in this game.

The only fight Sora should be involved with in the maze is his fight alongside mickey against luxord, marluxia, and larxene. I would patch him out of every other scene in the maze because he is simply not needed and it takes away from the characters who are actually involved.

Kairi being kidnapped would make much more sense if it was just her and Lea up against Saix and Xion as well, and when they're exhaustedd I'd have Xemnas appear and grab Kairi. At that moment when Lea is almost defeated and Saix goes for the kill Xion stops him, Roxas is summoned back, and Xion subsequently regains her memories with Roxas and Lea in front of her. then the 3 of them finish off Saix. Patch out that scene where Xemnas calls Lea "also-ran" and gently steps on his hand, I literally said wtf when that happened and again - another dramatic moment ruined with bad dialogue

Patch that cheesy scene of Sora running straight up a rockwall to get to Xehanort as well, I literally cringed during what should have been a very emotional scene. And I'd have every other remaining keyblade wielder fighting against Xemnas, Xehanort and Ansem in that fight because they would seriously need it.

The entire last fight of Sora vs Xehanort needs to be redone. Unless there is an explanation given there is simply no way that Sora would be able to kill the old man. It was very anticlimactic.

Other parts of the story that really need to be expanded upon are Kairi and Axel's training which I really hope they have an entire segment dedicated to because I love the interactions between Kairi and axel. Then if it was up to me I would completely remove Sora's involvement with saving Aqua. Riku should have been the one to save aqua and it should have been a much more harrowing experience to bring her back - this was my favorite plotline going into KH3 and they ruined it in my opinion.

They had 3 interesting seperate plotlines going into KH3 and instead of having them all resolved by the separate characters involved with meaningful growth for each they have Sora jump into ALL OF THEM and save the day singlehandedly every time. It's honestly extremely underwhelming because in doing this they've essentially turned Sora into Rey from the new star wars movies - he cant fail so there is no tension whenever hes involved with anything.

So these are my honest hopes for the DLC, but I don't know how realistic they are. To me, if they did these things and hopefully expand on the black box and other organization members, every issue I had with KH3 will be satisfied and I'd be 1000% excited for the future of the series. As it stands right now I just can't make myself care about characters that feel both overpowered and underwhelming and a plot that feels forced

Last edited:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
To play devil's advocate for a second and this is a stretch. But what if ReMind tries to setup that the Sora that travels back in time goes through the hearts of others. Maybe he's in Roxas's station of awakening and guides Roxas out of current Sora's heart. What if he's also the one to move Xion's heart from his body to her's and once Roxas sparks her she's all set thanks to PoW Sora that time traveled back to the KG? I know this won't add up because if he time traveled then he should be in his own body of that time period. I just decided to try and throw that idea out there. Who knows what ReMind will do to explain it.
Honestly, allowing Sora an active hand in their returns would already make the sequence leagues better on it's own. Because now you actually give us some level of pay-off for making Sora so fiercely invested in Roxas' return during the first third of the game. Biggest problem there is, I'm not sure how well he'd really be able to help Xion, considering he doesn't who the heck she is, lol.

Other than that, just give the three of them some diologue with eachother, and that'll make the moment much less problematic for me. 👍

Then if it was up to me I would completely remove Sora's involvement with saving Aqua. Riku should have been the one to save aqua and it should have been a much more harrowing experience to bring her back - this was my favorite plotline going into KH3 and they ruined it in my opinion.
Absolutely. In addition to this, Riku has a life debt to Aqua that he needed to repay her for, and Mickey's owed her a proper rescue for well over a year. They both have actual stakes in her conflict. But Sora? Sora has nothing. NOTHING. He doesn't owe her anything, doesn't remember her, and has no legitimate reason to go help them, aside from "making sure Riku and Mickey are ok". Which is paranoid, and a bit arrogant when he's reffering to two Keyblade Master's that have ample more experience with the darkness than he does. Regardless of how you spin it, there's literally no point in him barging into a storyline he holds no bearing on. It does nothing but detract from the catharsis it could've granted.

Even more than this, Sora (of all people) shouldn't be the one to free Terra from Xehanort. He's never even MET Terra. Why would he be involved in the resolution of a conflict he holds no stakes or relevency in? His presence added NOTHING. His diologue amounted to NOTHING. From a writing standpoint, it's honestly just... bizzare. And cringeingly out of place to watch. Even in the Re: Mind trailers, it's heavily, heavily implied that Sora's going to be physically intervening in the battle between Lingering Will and Terranort (hence him telling Namine Terra "needs help", and later being pinned by Terranort). Why???????? You saw LW beating the shit out of Terranort when you got to the Keyblade Graveyard. He's the one who saved your behinds.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Honestly, allowing Sora an active hand in their returns would already make the sequence leagues better on it's own. Because now you actually give us some level of pay-off for making Sora so fiercely invested in Roxas' return during the first third of the game. Biggest problem there is, I'm not sure how well he'd really be able to help Xion, considering he doesn't who the heck she is, lol.
My best guess would be since Sora's going to "trace the connection," then entering the heart stations might have him discover Xion's memories.

Absolutely. In addition to this, Riku has a life debt to Aqua that he needed to repay her for, and Mickey's owed her a proper rescue for well over a year. They both have actual stakes in her conflict. But Sora? Sora has nothing. NOTHING. He doesn't owe her anything, doesn't remember her, and has no legitimate reason to go help them, aside from "making sure Riku and Mickey are ok". Which is paranoid, and a bit arrogant when he's reffering to two Keyblade Master's that have ample more experience with the darkness than he does. Regardless of how you spin it, there's literally no point in him barging into a storyline he holds no bearing on. It does nothing but detract from the catharsis it could've granted.
Funnily, Sora sticking his nose in everyone's fight/character resolutions makes him look like he's gone through this already and is rushing through the plot.

Even more than this, Sora (of all people) shouldn't be the one to free Terra from Xehanort. He's never even MET Terra. Why would he be involved in the resolution of a conflict he holds no stakes or relevency in? His presence added NOTHING. His diologue amounted to NOTHING. From a writing standpoint, it's honestly just... bizzare. And cringeingly out of place to watch. Even in the Re: Mind trailers, it's heavily, heavily implied that Sora's going to be physically intervening in the battle between Lingering Will and Terranort (hence him telling Namine Terra "needs help", and later being pinned by Terranort). Why???????? You saw LW beating the shit out of Terranort when you got to the Keyblade Graveyard. He's the one who saved your behinds.
This part still confuses me. Why is Sora suddenly thinking he needs to intervene when he knows everything went just fine? What if Sora trying to help when it's clearly not needed just makes things worse? lol

SweetYetSalty

Awards

Other than that, just give the three of them some diologue with eachother, and that'll make the moment much less problematic for me. 👍

I agree with you, but I do want to say that Sora doesn't really have to know Terra and Aqua to want to save them. He goes around and saved Disney characters he's known for less then a day all the time. I get what you are saying though, I just wanted to point out that it's in Sora's character to want to save everyone.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
My best guess would be since Sora's going to "trace the connection," then entering the heart stations might have him discover Xion's memories.
Admittedly, this would be interesting to watch if it does turn out that way. I always pictured Sora diving into Xion's station of awakening and re-experiencing her memories. Also creates a great opportunity for some real diologue between the two (hopefully Roxas can get some of the same).

Funnily, Sora sticking his nose in everyone's fight/character resolutions makes him look like he's gone through this already and is rushing through the plot.
Lol, true. And when he's not rushing the plot, he's wandering around through the Disney with no idea what the heck he's doing there (*cough* Corona *cough*).
This part still confuses me. Why is Sora suddenly thinking he needs to intervene when he knows everything went just fine? What if Sora trying to help when it's clearly not needed just makes things worse? lol
Right. How much do you want to bet Sora challenging Terranort is how MX becomes wise to his plan of saving Kairi (leading to the two engaging with him in the Final World)?

Really wish Larxene was there to tell him to mind his own bees wax again XD

"Stop trying to be everyone's hero! Let them figure things out their own way!" *Blasts Sora back into the Final World*

I agree with you, but I do want to say that Sora doesn't really have to know Terra and Aqua to want to save them. He goes around and saved Disney characters he's known for less then a day all the time. I get what you are saying though, I just wanted to point out that it's in Sora's character to want to save everyone.
Oh totally! I didn't mean it was OOC for Sora to act that way, I was moreso just speaking in terms of broader set-ups and pay-offs.

Sora having a hand in Aqua's rescue is honestly fine with me, but the way he was forced into the subplot effectively stole Riku and Mickey's chance to repay Aqua for her sacrifice back in 0.2 (robbing them of that catharsis and closure). And if that was the only way the writers could think to include him, then I honestly don't think it was worth cost.

Both Ventus and (especially) Aqua had ample set-up in terms of helping Terra in his hour of need, but they were turned into useless damsels in the moment truth, leaving Sora and Terra himself to do all the real work. Now, it makes sense for Terra to have a hand in his own return, since that was built up since the end of his story in BBS, so there was a sense of pay-off in watching him retaliate against Xehanort one final time. But Sora never had any proper set up in this regard, thus there was no sense of pay-off or catharsis in watching him purge Xehanort from Terra's heart. For me, that's a role that ultimately would've been better filled by Aqua or Ventus, and could help give the trio more closure after they're rocky relationship in BBS.

This, in simple terms, is pretty much my train of thought when thinking about the subject.
P.s.- Thanks for the like! Now I've finally graduated to a Well-known Member! 😁

Last edited:
Back