• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should they change Roxas face model a bit?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Keyblade07

I know I talked much about how they should make Roxas and ventus different (I’m aware that Sora Roxas and ventus look identical) but couldn’t they have kept at least Roxas with round face? now he has slim face in kh3 like ventus, both Ventus and Roxas had round faces in older games but I think it would have been easier to tell between the two had Roxas kept had round face.

Last edited:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
10c1ed5ed89710615c7a0fa5bc168281.png
Honestly, I'd say that's exactly what they did. The overall face structure of Roxas is similar to Ventus', but closer to Sora's KH3 model. You can see here that his face is a bit more rounded on the sides compared to Ventus, along with slightly more puckered lips.

That said, the in-game models do look exactly the same, but it wasn't so prominent that it made it unclear who was who in any given scene (since clothes, voice inflections, and personality are really all one needs to identify the two). As for "why", I'd say it's cause they probably just didn't see it as that big a deal in the end, and reusing the model allowed them to cut corners somewhat.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
They changed Roxas's face to look more like Ventus? Huh, you know I never would have known that unless someone had pointed it out. Just goes to show how much I pay attention to these things XD

Keyblade07

They changed Roxas's face to look more like Ventus? Huh, you know I never would have known that unless someone had pointed it out. Just goes to show how much I pay attention to these things XD
Thx for stating the obvious lol but yea

Edit: when I open topics most of the time I already know the answer to them but I merely want to hear people opinion that’s all

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
In KH2, Roxas and Sora had the same face model, with some slight tweaks. Roxas looked a bit too chubby with Sora's exact face so they thinned down his chin a bit; I think most people noticed that he looked a bit odd from certain angles as a result. They refined it in later games but now they look less alike.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
In KH2, Roxas and Sora had the same face model, with some slight tweaks. Roxas looked a bit too chubby with Sora's exact face so they thinned down his chin a bit; I think most people noticed that he looked a bit odd from certain angles as a result. They refined it in later games but now they look less alike.
Shut the Door to Darkness, really?! That's insane! You guys got good eyes. Roxas looks exactly the same to me. And I call myself a Roxas fan lol.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Shut the Door to Darkness, really?! That's insane! You guys got good eyes. Roxas looks exactly the same to me. And I call myself a Roxas fan lol.

Haha, I wish I could take the credit! Actually it was mentioned in the Ultimania xD I think it's easier to see on his official render; you can tell by the shading especially from his mouth to his ears the extents their cinching had on the lower half of his face.

Roxas01.png

Last edited:

ChazF

I don't know if this is the same person from last time, but just as I said then: The devs seemed to have put some thought into it because of the way they made sure you could them apart just by looking at how they "hold their faces"... if you know what I mean. Roxas tends to have a more subdued or slightly perturbed expression most of the time and Ven usually wears a happy-go-lucky s%&#-eating grin. Plus, there's also small visual differences in their faces, like Roxas's renders in KH2.5 and Days having darker brown eyebrows or Ven having lighter blond hair in that KHUX art.

Nukara

Awards
I am glad that they did not leave the appearance of Sora. Sora's face did not go Roxas honestly.

Back