• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Playing the games in chronological order.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Are you a new player to the series? If so it might not be the best idea to do this. The way the story is presented makes more sense with reveals in release order. Playing BBs and then KH1 is a weird experience, since the game references KH2 and is meant to be a lot of "Ah I get it now" moments. Same with Days before KH2, though I personally did play Days first. It ended up making me hate KH2 a lot more than other people here. (I was used to the slower combat and more platformer-heavy elements from 1, CoM and Days)

If you HAVE played them before, then by all means, play how you like.

AkihitoZero5454

Are you a new player to the series? If so it might not be the best idea to do this. The way the story is presented makes more sense with reveals in release order. Playing BBs and then KH1 is a weird experience, since the game references KH2 and is meant to be a lot of "Ah I get it now" moments. Same with Days before KH2, though I personally did play Days first. It ended up making me hate KH2 a lot more than other people here. (I was used to the slower combat and more platformer-heavy elements from 1, CoM and Days)

If you HAVE played them before, then by all means, play how you like.
Don't worry. I played the 1st before.

AR829038

Awards
Don't worry. I played the 1st before.
That's not what he means. Trust us, the creators of this series want you to play ALL the games in order of release. The reason for this is that every single game that they make relies upon the context of the game that came before, regardless of what point in the timeline each game happens to be. In order to understand KHCoM, for instance, it is integral to play KH1 first. To understand KH2, it is integral to play KHCoM first (a lot of people made the mistake of not doing this, and they ended up sorely regretting it). The entire series operates this way, and trust me (I've played the games both in order of release and in chronological order) you are in for a world of confusion if you try to dive into the series in that manner. If your heart is set on it, there's nothing more to be said, but if you'll heed my advice, here's the correct order you should play the games in:
1. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
2. Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories
3. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
4. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
5. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
6. Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded
7. Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
8. Kingdom Hearts X (the PC browser game, NOT the mobile game—you can't play it anymore, but I recommend Everglow's Youtube walkthrough of it)
9. Kingdom Hearts X: Back Cover
10. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep –A Fragmentary Passage–
11. Kingdom Hearts Unchained X/Union X (the mobile game)
12. Kingdom Hearts III + ReMIND

Trust me on this: Any other order will leave you with a mess of questions and answers that you don't even have the questions to yet.
But, do as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back