• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The door you go through in Monstropolis have completely different designs/colors on both sides. How hard can it be to keep them consistent?

disney233

Awards
Listen, this was a heartfelt reunion and all...but I can't take this scene seriously with Terranort flailing his arms like an idiot lol. Ragdoll physics kills me even more tbh. That whole scene was just...weird.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Listen, this was a heartfelt reunion and all...but I can't take this scene seriously with Terranort flailing his arms like an idiot lol. Ragdoll physics kills me even more tbh. That whole scene was just...weird.
Was waiting for someone to finally bring this up, but yeah. Terranort attempting to kill Ven and Aqua was literally played up for comedy.
Hence why he acted like such a clown as he was flailing them around. Like OMG, the level of tonal dissonance just made it so cringey, and certainly didn't help this already awkward scene that featured Sora assisting in the return of someone he doesn't even know. He should NOT have been present for any of this in the first place, and we see exactly why when Sora is the only person to have an active role in purging Xehanort from Terra (despite what Aqua claims in the Re: Mind trailers, which only makes it that much worse if things end the same way).

Statistically speaking, this is the second time Ven gets needlessly embarrassed by Terranort (though I like to pretend that first scene doesn't exist 🙃) and the fourth time Aqua is turned into a joke after they get to the Keyblade Graveyard. Such excellent presentation you guys! 👍🏽 I really love how it helps me understand the stakes, lol.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Another reason having no Randall bossfight is lame is that Monstropolis is like the only world in the game with just 1 boss in it aside from TT & 100 Acre Woods.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
So what happened to Master Xehanort's goal of finding a younger body? Was he just putting it on hold until he got the X Blade and changed the universe? I get why he had to stay an old man for the sake of the plot but at least give an explanation why he abandoned that plan
My theory was that the "Master Xehanort" we saw in the game was him in a Replica of his original body. Honestly the further down this rabbit hole we go the more it seems the plot should have 100% focused around the Replica Program.

Imagine for a second, if Xehanort's goal had been the Replica Program the entire time, and the plot had used THAT as the means for his resurrection, and the means for the armies he'd use in the Keyblade War? A new enemy type could've been failed Replicas, or maybe even just failed Xehanorts, all mindless and such. They'd come in seeking to devour the Nobodies' minds to gain a semblance of self, completing a sort of Trinity with Heartless and Nobodies. Have it revealed that Xehanort had trouble against Terra inside him, and that would be why he and the Apprentices experimented on hearts and bodies. He wanted a new one free of will that would oppose his. Terra stopped him and shattered Xehanort into Ansem and Xemnas, but Vexen succeeded in finding the answer.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
As dumb as that was...it's a guilty pleasure of mine seeing Terranort acting like a idiot. It gave him a bit more personality besides 'physical powerhouse brute' but it is a dumb moment for sure. It is striking in tone when compared to Xemnas about to execute Lea, the way he was.

When Terranort was flinging them around he should have started singing, like "There are no strings on me!" even though it wouldn't fit his character he did just say they had no power over him. Just to really milk it as a dumb Terranort scene XD

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I hate it so much, but it's so funny that I'm conflicted over it. Everything else was terrible, though, except right when the Guardian grabs Terranort's head. That's the only part I can truly say I liked. Gotta love how Terra's okay with crushing his own skull. lol

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I hate it so much, but it's so funny that I'm conflicted over it. Everything else was terrible, though, except right when the Guardian grabs Terranort's head. That's the only part I can truly say I liked. Gotta love how Terra's okay with crushing his own skull. lol
It's actually a direct call back to this scene:

I only just noticed how it was a total reversal:
Instead of Terra using the chains, it's Xehanort that (somehow) whips them out, and rather than Xehanort grabbing Terra's face, Terra manhandles Xehanort's. In both scenarios, Aqua and Ven are held in the air, ready to be killed by Terranort before Terra intervenes. Dunno if that was intentional or not, lol.

Still, between the two, I personally prefer the scene from 0.2 > KH3.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It's actually a direct call back to this scene:

I only just noticed how it was a total reversal:
Instead of Terra using the chains, it's Xehanort that (somehow) whips them out, and rather than Xehanort grabbing Terra's face, Terra manhandles Xehanort's. In both scenarios, Aqua and Ven are held in the air, ready to be killed by Terranort before Terra intervenes. Dunno if that was intentional or not, lol.

Still, between the two, I personally prefer the scene from 0.2 > KH3.
Oh, I knew it was, I just didn't think to mention it. XD

0.2 Xehanort: "Got your nose!"
KH3 Terra: "Got your nose! I mean...my nose? Uh...screw it. You know what I mean."

Megavoltage

Awards
Statistically speaking, this is the second time Ven gets needlessly embarrassed by Terranort (though I like to pretend that first scene doesn't exist 🙃) and the fourth time Aqua is turned into a joke after they get to the Keyblade Graveyard. Such excellent presentation you guys! 👍🏽 I really love how it helps me understand the stakes, lol.
Everything to do with Aqua and the Terranort conclusion is the most I’ve ever been disappointed by a video game story. Years of careful storytelling for such a cringey conclusion. I almost feel as if the writers were trying to do a bad job. But I’d forgive so much if TAV got to briefly help Sora slap around old man Xehanort in the finale. But... welp... god damn I'm never getting over this.
Imagine for a second, if Xehanort's goal had been the Replica Program the entire time, and the plot had used THAT as the means for his resurrection, and the means for the armies he'd use in the Keyblade War? A new enemy type could've been failed Replicas, or maybe even just failed Xehanorts, all mindless and such. They'd come in seeking to devour the Nobodies' minds to gain a semblance of self, completing a sort of Trinity with Heartless and Nobodies. Have it revealed that Xehanort had trouble against Terra inside him, and that would be why he and the Apprentices experimented on hearts and bodies. He wanted a new one free of will that would oppose his. Terra stopped him and shattered Xehanort into Ansem and Xemnas, but Vexen succeeded in finding the answer.
This is great! I would have found this several times more interesting than yoinking people through time and half of the organization being bored and uninterested.

Any

Awards
XD I wanted Terra to fall because it has been a decade since he was in his original body and he haven’t walked in a long time. He got jelly legs. He’s going to need therapy on how to walk again.

Guernsey

Awards
Was waiting for someone to finally bring this up, but yeah. Terranort attempting to kill Ven and Aqua was literally played up for comedy.
Hence why he acted like such a clown as he was flailing them around. Like OMG, the level of tonal dissonance just made it so cringey, and certainly didn't help this already awkward scene that featured Sora assisting in the return of someone he doesn't even know. He should NOT have been present for any of this in the first place, and we see exactly why when Sora is the only person to have an active role in purging Xehanort from Terra (despite what Aqua claims in the Re: Mind trailers, which only makes it that much worse if things end the same way).

I really wish that the fight was a callback to BBS where the player had to fight Terranort or even get a darker version of the Lingering Will armor.

My theory was that the "Master Xehanort" we saw in the game was him in a Replica of his original body. Honestly the further down this rabbit hole we go the more it seems the plot should have 100% focused around the Replica Program.

That is actually an interesitng theory and much better than the time travel plot.

Any

Awards
Everyone complain about Xehanort’s goal “feeling off”

But no one mentions about his motion and body language animation feeling off.

Something felt wrong with Xehanort in 3 and I couldn’t spot it easily but I knew something felt off. Not until I played BBS and DDD again then I found the problem.

Xehanort used to be ostentatious with all the motions and gestures he made in BBS and DDD. Even his facial expressions were on point. But KH3 kinda lacks it. It felt...very off to me.

What’s weird about it is that Vanitas was more expressive in his animations in 3 compared to bbs. Did he and Xehanort swap or something? Lmao. Vanitas even had a large vocabulary in this game, something Xehanort lacked big time.

Gosh I miss theatrical and poetic Xehanort.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So I just noticed that in the Pridelands' Savannah, in the background next to where Pride Rock is, there is a dead plant that you can totally tell is floating off the ground. It's impossible to unsee it now.

disney233

Awards
Speaking of the Garden....what's up with that? Like...seems like a pretty big place to just leave deep into Radiant Garden. Besides, wouldn't THAT be a way for Sora to reclaim his memories from Castle Oblivion? Like...seems like pretty good lore to just...drop as endgame content.

SPEAKING of Radiant Garden...I realize something. Kairi has NEVER visited her homeworld and it's like she doesn't give two shits about it. Like, Kairi has only seen it once at its worse, but...she never ACTUALLY had the chance to y'know, reminisce memories of this place, or maybe feel a sense of horror that her homeworld was reduced to this shambled mess? Could've given her the chance to fight the ones who did this to her world....which gives her motives to stand by Sora & Riku's side against the 3 Norts.

Also placed in my story that Kairi probably should've earned her Keyblade when the Heartless surrounded her in 1...so like Sora and Kairi perform as slice through the circle together. It...kinda seem like a better way to introduce Kairi's keyblade rather than my other nitpick being HOW RIKU JUST CASUALLY HANDS THE GIRL HER KEYBLADE LIKE CANDY!

ANOTHER nitpick.
Like...what even IS Kairi's backstory? Keep in mind that Kairi and her Grandmother has always been around the castle and even IN the castle (KH1.) So like...it makes me wonder, is Kairi like...an actual Princess? Like...we know NOTHING about Kairi except that she's a resident from Radiant Garden. Maybe that's all she is and I'm probably overthinking it. But like...idk. Given that Nomura's been exploring everyone else's story even if the distant past thing is getting old, it just feels like we know so little about Kairi.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Speaking of the Garden....what's up with that? Like...seems like a pretty big place to just leave deep into Radiant Garden. Besides, wouldn't THAT be a way for Sora to reclaim his memories from Castle Oblivion? Like...seems like pretty good lore to just...drop as endgame content.

SPEAKING of Radiant Garden...I realize something. Kairi has NEVER visited her homeworld and it's like she doesn't give two shits about it. Like, Kairi has only seen it once at its worse, but...she never ACTUALLY had the chance to y'know, reminisce memories of this place, or maybe feel a sense of horror that her homeworld was reduced to this shambled mess? Could've given her the chance to fight the ones who did this to her world....which gives her motives to stand by Sora & Riku's side against the 3 Norts.

Also placed in my story that Kairi probably should've earned her Keyblade when the Heartless surrounded her in 1...so like Sora and Kairi perform as slice through the circle together. It...kinda seem like a better way to introduce Kairi's keyblade rather than my other nitpick being HOW RIKU JUST CASUALLY HANDS THE GIRL HER KEYBLADE LIKE CANDY!

ANOTHER nitpick.
Like...what even IS Kairi's backstory? Keep in mind that Kairi and her Grandmother has always been around the castle and even IN the castle (KH1.) So like...it makes me wonder, is Kairi like...an actual Princess? Like...we know NOTHING about Kairi except that she's a resident from Radiant Garden. Maybe that's all she is and I'm probably overthinking it. But like...idk. Given that Nomura's been exploring everyone else's story even if the distant past thing is getting old, it just feels like we know so little about Kairi.

^ This ^

We're nearly 20 years in and we got nothing regarding Kairi's backstory or her feelings/Reactions to her homeworld. We know she had a Grandmother that knew too much about the Age of Fairy Tales and was adopted by the Mayor on Destiny Island.
I get that Sora and Riku's home life and backstory are probably not interesting, but the crumbs of Kairi's make it seem like hers is worth laying out for clarity.

I also agree that it'd have been nicer for Kairi to have awakened the Keyblade or at least taken over Sora's Keyblade in KH1 at Hallow Bastion. When she declared she wouldn't let Sora go the Kingdom Key or her own should have appeared in her hand, imo signalizing to the player that she too is worthy.

On the topic of Kairi being given her Keyblade by Riku, are we ever going to talk about that in game? I know that in the Novels it's said he summoned it for her, but it was her Keyblade.
KH3 kind of give credit to that theory seeing she's still wielding the same keyblade, but Axel and her celebrate them both being able to summon theirs.

disney233

Awards
Also noticed that the only Nobodies we fight as bosses is the Organization. Like...remember Twilight Thorn? Honestly for a boss of the lesser Nobodies it was honestly the best one. All of its fighting style being an...epic version of Darkside's fight. He's literally the ONLY lesser nobody boss. Whereas 3 gave us not only MORE Heartless bosses (which I get cause, they're like....common thereat and all) , but an Unversed boss in the midst. We've had bosses of Heartless, Dream Eaters, and Unversed, but amidst it all is only ONE Giant Nobody. The ONLY Giant boss for a Nobody in place of humanoid bosses.

Also....does...the Organization posess Magic? Like, is what they use, Axel's fire, Siax's power of the moon, is it all...like Magic? And like how are their Nobodies able to channel it when their somebodies probably don't even KNOW the concept of Magic? How do they have the elements they're stuck with? Luxu is an even BIGGER puzzle on this. Again, this one is probably overthinking...but Magic is like...a weird concept in Kingdom Hearts. All I'm used to is everyone SOMEHOW knowing how to summon a dark poral.

Lol an interesting concept I saw in a story was utilizing Magic from the Disney villains. Something. I can imagine KH1 Riku doing, like...learning how to harness Maleficent or Hades' flames, or a few spells from Jafar or Ursula.

disney233

Awards
Y'know looking back to KH2...say what you will about Grimm Guardianness and Sköll, but they are at least a proper representation of Gothel and Hans respectively turning into Heartless, unlike Scar in KH2, who's literally just Scar with dark powers. Groundshaker was mostly just an amalgamation of his ghosts.
I never understood how out of ALL the other Disney villains, SOMEHOW Clayton (assuming he turned into a Heartless) & Scar was apparently 'strong enough' to retain their forms.

Speaking of Disney villains, we still got NOTHING explaining how Ursula came back in 2. Literally, it's like no one even brought up what happened in 1. Did she die? Did she escape? Seems like a pretty crucial thing that happened in 1 that was glossed over. SERIOUSLY. NO ONE BATS AN EYE.

Back