• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Something received

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I have a feeling there's something out there but I'm not sure.

Yeesh.
I have a feeling someone can chime in with a game that does exactly what I proposed, or a game that doesn't have a story, but I still maintain that KHUX is pretty awful in its current iteration, and has been since last 2016.

I really, really, really hope that what Nomura hinted the UX writers at suggesting is a movie or console game that covers everything from the end of BC to now because it's pitiful how little main story is given to us. I mean, Maleficent and Darkness's conversation occurred on October 2018. And now, in November 2019, we get a follow up THAT ISN'T EVEN A FOLLOW UP. 13 months for NOTHING.

I feel like such a fucking fool for thinking that Re:coded, DDD, and KHUX were setting up Maleficent having a big story in KH3 because I was left utterly wounded when KH3 rolled around and she was barely in it (and the biggest part of her story was relegated to the epilogue where you just see her turn around and walk away).

I have no idea what Nomura could possibly be thinking with this story because he withholds actually giving characters a story to work towards. We know Disney is strict but it's hard to discern what is a Disney restriction and what is a part of his lazy writing. Forgive me, Skuld fans, but KHUX is having a major Skuld, Ventus, and Maleficent problem because it has been years since these characters have been brought in and flaunted about for theorists but nothing has come about for them, and a big part is because of how little story is given to dedicated fans month to month.

For crying out loud, Square Enix North America considered the Keyblade War as proficient main story enough that they didn't even update the main story, which also happened when the Moogle o' Glory quests came in. It still baffles me, in this fucking day and this fucking age, in fucking 2019, the Square fucking Enix withholds 6+ months of 5 quest story just because they don't want to give this to the players.

I apologise, @KeybladeLordSora, that this post is so large and you got the notification because I quoted you, but I have been let down for the longest time by KHUX and SENA and really wish they would pull their fucking heads out of their stupid fucking asses and pull their shit together, because as much as it hurts that there are people pouring money into this game, REAL, ACTUALLY, Kingdom Hearts fans should only be caring about the story and how it influences the end of KH3 and the next game (y'know, the things that exist outside of paid content)*.

*not to say SEJP is clear of this guilt. They are also working at 5 quests per month, but they are the ones designing all this content to be delivered at this pace.

Awards
I have a feeling someone can chime in with a game that does exactly what I proposed, or a game that doesn't have a story, but I still maintain that KHUX is pretty awful in its current iteration, and has been since last 2016.

I really, really, really hope that what Nomura hinted the UX writers at suggesting is a movie or console game that covers everything from the end of BC to now because it's pitiful how little main story is given to us. I mean, Maleficent and Darkness's conversation occurred on October 2018. And now, in November 2019, we get a follow up THAT ISN'T EVEN A FOLLOW UP. 13 months for NOTHING.

I feel like such a fucking fool for thinking that Re:coded, DDD, and KHUX were setting up Maleficent having a big story in KH3 because I was left utterly wounded when KH3 rolled around and she was barely in it (and the biggest part of her story was relegated to the epilogue where you just see her turn around and walk away).

I have no idea what Nomura could possibly be thinking with this story because he withholds actually giving characters a story to work towards. We know Disney is strict but it's hard to discern what is a Disney restriction and what is a part of his lazy writing. Forgive me, Skuld fans, but KHUX is having a major Skuld, Ventus, and Maleficent problem because it has been years since these characters have been brought in and flaunted about for theorists but nothing has come about for them, and a big part is because of how little story is given to dedicated fans month to month.

For crying out loud, Square Enix North America considered the Keyblade War as proficient main story enough that they didn't even update the main story, which also happened when the Moogle o' Glory quests came in. It still baffles me, in this fucking day and this fucking age, in fucking 2019, the Square fucking Enix withholds 6+ months of 5 quest story just because they don't want to give this to the players.

I apologise, @KeybladeLordSora, that this post is so large and you got the notification because I quoted you, but I have been let down for the longest time by KHUX and SENA and really wish they would pull their fucking heads out of their stupid fucking asses and pull their shit together, because as much as it hurts that there are people pouring money into this game, REAL, ACTUALLY, Kingdom Hearts fans should only be caring about the story and how it influences the end of KH3 and the next game (y'know, the things that exist outside of paid content)*.

*not to say SEJP is clear of this guilt. They are also working at 5 quests per month, but they are the ones designing all this content to be delivered at this pace.
I'm just gonna say this.

X in general would've been infinitely better if it was never a PC/mobile game to begin with.

Its story is much better suited for a legit video game than a PC/mobile game where I'm constantly wondering if Nomura really has much control over it or if it's just Corporate handling it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm just gonna say this.

X in general would've been infinitely better if it was never a PC/mobile game to begin with.

Its story is much better suited for a legit video game than a PC/mobile game where I'm constantly wondering if Nomura really has much control over it or if it's just Corporate handling it.
I absolutely agree with you. Nomura could be the patsy who can only work to the schedule given to him (once a month) and that really affects the storytelling. This new crop of Foretellers have been in the mix in over two years and we barely know anything about them or things that make them interesting, and I'm sure Nomura has a lot of ideas about it but can't reveal it in a timely manner. But there are times when fans are frustrated and wish things could proceed in a timely manner, and I'm certainly feeling that when the Player is stuck in a Disney world and the story is moving outside of that (which pedals Disney = irrelevant even faster).

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Have the commented on KHx/Ux/UX coming to consoles?

Because I would play through the story then.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This is why I argue that the perfect bridge game between KINGDOM HEARTS III and IV would be the story about Young Xehanort during his Scala ad Caelum years and how he gets knowledge about the past and Xehanort would be a metaphor of us, the players, finding out about the KHx and KHUx era lore. Because, obviously, someone or something had to have told Xehanort about it. Maybe he intercepted a meeting between blueblood wielders? Or he read it in a forbidden chamber somewhere? I mean, if the Master of Land of Departure can turn the world into a maze to protect whatever the hey they're trying to protect, then something tells me that Scala may be full of secret passages and chambers with knowledge about the past, especially how Scala was literally built over Daybreak.

That's another thing: what the heck happened with Daybreak Town and who decided to build a whole nexus for Keyblade wielders atop it?

Awards
I absolutely agree with you. Nomura could be the patsy who can only work to the schedule given to him (once a month) and that really affects the storytelling. This new crop of Foretellers have been in the mix in over two years and we barely know anything about them or things that make them interesting, and I'm sure Nomura has a lot of ideas about it but can't reveal it in a timely manner. But there are times when fans are frustrated and wish things could proceed in a timely manner, and I'm certainly feeling that when the Player is stuck in a Disney world and the story is moving outside of that (which pedals Disney = irrelevant even faster).
Exactly.

The story this game is trying to tell is more suited for a legit video game/movie/anime anyway, not a mobile game where Nomura very likely isn't allowed to have the main story progress in a more timely manner because that would require having the game shut down when it reaches the endpoint like its browser predecessor.

And having it be a legit video game would also mean no bosses with 9999999 life bars.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
To be honest, FINAL FANTASY XV Pocket Edition in my opinion established the precedent that mobile games can deliver console experiences. Yes, Pocket Edition was a game based on a game that had to be scaled down, but it was still a console experience nonetheless. I'm sure it's possible to develop a AAA-esque video game for mobile devices, but it would have to have a reasonable pricepoint and be marketed differently from standard mobile games. So it's possible that Nomura and the team can sort of remake KHUx into a more traditional KH game, but in mobile.

Or just outright use Unreal Engine 4, reutilize the assets and give us a more streamlined KHx and Ux lore experience. Though I am honestly expecting a movie. Perhaps a bridge movie before they release the new KH game?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I am far, far, far from making decisions within Square Enix nor having my words have any reflections with how they proceed with their IPs but

Or just outright use Unreal Engine 4, reutilize the assets and give us a more streamlined KHx and Ux lore experience. Though I am honestly expecting a movie. Perhaps a bridge movie before they release the new KH game?
This is EXACTLY what I would do. Despite BC being a movie, they spent time on making assets for Daybreak Town. KH3 reused only four of the five Foreteller models, as well as Chirithy, but they spent their time constructing various assets for Daybreak Town itself. Turn that into a game, a proper single player game, which gives all of the UX info in a clear manner, and I would be happy.

But the nature of mobile games is they provide a tonne of revenue due to microtransactions so KHUX's story coming to a close isn't anywhere near. Heck, introducing KH CoM Sora with Superburst ++ and then, less than a week later, bringing in Terra-Xehanort Superburst ++ and the highest jewel offering being $160 AUD for less than 15,000 jewels (under 5 pulls) for 10 pull guarantee tells me we are far from KHUX ending.

And having it be a legit video game would also mean no bosses with 9999999 life bars.
And this as well. Sign has asked me to record specific English KHUX scenes but I can't provide any of the Foretellers due to their INSANE health.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
especially how Scala was literally built over Daybreak.

8496742553_153ce02a09_z.jpg

That's another thing: what the heck happened with Daybreak Town and who decided to build a whole nexus for Keyblade wielders atop it?

Darkness gonna get 'em.
All the Dandelions save for Skuld, Lauriam, and Ventus.

Awards
But the nature of mobile games is they provide a tonne of revenue due to microtransactions so KHUX's story coming to a close isn't anywhere near. Heck, introducing KH CoM Sora with Superburst ++ and then, less than a week later, bringing in Terra-Xehanort Superburst ++ and the highest jewel offering being $160 AUD for less than 15,000 jewels (under 5 pulls) for 10 pull guarantee tells me we are far from KHUX ending.

And this as well. Sign has asked me to record specific English KHUX scenes but I can't provide any of the Foretellers due to their INSANE health.
And this is what I'm talking about. UX's story isn't fit for a mobile game that is just designed to be a money printer that doesn't end.

As for the health, imagine if Vergil had as much health as current UX bosses. His fights wouldn't be enjoyable because they'd be going on for too long. He wouldn't be known for his difficulty but rather how tediously long the fights are.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This is EXACTLY what I would do. Despite BC being a movie, they spent time on making assets for Daybreak Town. KH3 reused only four of the five Foreteller models, as well as Chirithy, but they spent their time constructing various assets for Daybreak Town itself. Turn that into a game, a proper single player game, which gives all of the UX info in a clear manner, and I would be happy.
I think a KHUx game could be the perfect game to play as a sort of KINGDOM HEARTS I Remake and KHIII-KHIV bridge game. The player experiences the worlds of the original Seven Lights and then we have the Union Leader meetings info-dumping us about the overall plot.

Pretty much this. When you have an app game with microtransactions, storytelling gets shoved hard.

Darkness gonna get 'em.
All the Dandelions save for Skuld, Lauriam, and Ventus.
Maybe. If Darkness got out of the Datascape to help Maleficent, what assures us that he didn't stay out? What if he's the reason that everyone has to make a Worldline jump and Ventus, Lauriam and Skuld end up where they end up?

Any

Awards
Why do I have a gut feeling that Ventus will be set up?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
You guys get the feeling that part of the reason Strelly was trying to get the Player to join the Dandelions is because she had the Book and read it?

Also since the update ended with the start of Sugar Rush I guess the next two will be primarily Sugar Rush.
From what we know, every Dandelion knew about the war but only the Union leaders were told it'd bring about the end of the world and everyone who's not a Dandelion would perish. Strelitzia has a huge crush on Player, so she panicked once she realized they're not a Dandelion and was desperately trying to get them to join.

Any

Awards
Would justify the amount of darkness that created Vanitas.

To be honest, despite the heartstation demonstrating a little amount of darkness Ven had, I will never understand how Ventus was able or capable of creating another being. That being can create a horde of monsters through their emotions and furthermore act like a human. How is that not suspicious?? This is why I think Ventus will be a decoy or a victim/tool.

“And therein lies the reason why the Keyblade War has gone on so long.”

I am not sure if I am interpreting wrong but I think MoM is suggesting that darkness was the reason why the KW happened so long.

We all know Vanitas have an obsession with the Keyblade war and if I recall properly, MoM said when he was a kid and witnessed + participated in the Keyblade War himself, he fought the darkness—that had a form like humans but they weren’t really humans. They can change their form and hide in others

Maybe the darkness hid inside of Ventus. I think darkness is some form of Vanitas, not entirely him. When Xehanort extracted it out, Vanitas was born with the darkness characteristics. Lol idk at this point, I’m spit balling.

If you haven’t read the KH3 novel, whether it’s canon or not to the game, Vanitas said that he had ancient memories that could be either Ventus or someone else's memories. He doesn’t know for sure himself. Vanitas implied that Ventus always had “dark masses” inside of him before his heart was split by Xehanort. Black masses means the unversed, which Vanitas gained as his ability.

Theory time.

We don’t know what happened to the original pieces of light and darkness when the X-blade shattered.

What if the original 7 light shards that were broken from the X-blade, are inside of the princesses? The princesses could easily be housing light shards inside of them. While the original 13 darkness shards broken from the X-blade, was reincarnated into something

Last edited:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Maybe. If Darkness got out of the Datascape to help Maleficent, what assures us that he didn't stay out? What if he's the reason that everyone has to make a Worldline jump and Ventus, Lauriam and Skuld end up where they end up?

Oh wow, I was only 1/32 serious about Darkness.

Darkness being the reason Skuld and her friends "set out" to go somewhere, but wound up in the future would make a lot of sense.
Keeping the Dandelions contained would be better for spreading darkness across worlds.
Darkness wasn't in KHx, but was in Unchainedx Or rather he was, but after the war.
That wouldn't be the first time Ventus was in a Digital WorldTM.
Ephemera mentions that he could sense that the darkness "changed" or whatever that means.
Ven showed up around the same time as Darkness and has a similar outline to Ventus.
The KH3 manga mentions that Vanitas remembers the Age of Fairytales.
Dark Chirithy turns into an Unversed. Vanitas controls the Unversed.
Ventus has a Chirithy.
ILluMiNaTY cOnFiRMeD.

Vanitas = Darkness makes a lot of sense with the clues.
And as for reason why he's messing the Digital WorldTM up. Maybe it's because Vanitas is a dick?
He doesn't have any friends.

Darkness was outside of the datascape, so he probably can move back and forth between the real world ans the datascape.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Have the commented on KHx/Ux/UX coming to consoles?

Because I would play through the story then.
It's gonna happen sooner or later, because KHX story is important. There aren't many fans playing these KHX games, but apparently there are enough to let Square-Enix keep getting away with what they are doing, which baffles me.

The question is if it's gonna be a game or another movie. I vote for another movie because it's less work and they can explain everything that matters. Back Cover didn't cover everything, but it was enough.

After all the "spin-off games" that Dark Seeker Saga had, they should think carefully about how they wanna approach this saga.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
To be honest, despite the heartstation demonstrating a little amount of darkness Ven had, I will never understand how Ventus was able or capable of creating another being. That being can create a horde of monsters through their emotions and furthermore act like a human. How is that not suspicious?? This is why I think Ventus will be a decoy or a victim/tool.
Has it ever been confirmed if Vanitas was EXCLUSIVELY an entity born from Ventus' darkness, or did Xehanort split and then on the outside Vanitas started accumulating darkness from outside Ven and then finished his form?

We all know Vanitas have an obsession with the Keyblade war and if I recall properly, MoM said when he was a kid and witnessed + participated in the Keyblade War himself, he fought the darkness—that had a form like humans but they weren’t really humans. They can change their form and hide in others
What if the "Darkness" are the original Seekers of Darkness? What if my "humans-not-humans" he meant something along the lines of what Xehanort had done: changed from heart to heart?

What if the original 7 light shards that were broken from the X-blade, are inside of the princesses? The princesses could easily be housing light shards inside of them. While the original 13 darkness shards broken from the X-blade, was reincarnated into something
Perhaps the Seven Lights, instead of being born with Pure Hearts, develop that purity in time and the Seven Shards of the xBlade go to those Pure Hearts. Which is perhaps what happened after the Seven Lights opened the Keyhole in Hollow Bastion: after using their power, the Shards went to newer Pure Hearts.

In regards to the 13 fragments of Darkness, perhaps they vanished? Assimiliated with the the darkness?

Oh wow, I was only 1/32 serious about Darkness.

Darkness being the reason Skuld and her friends "set out" to go somewhere, but wound up in the future would make a lot of sense.
Keeping the Dandelions contained would be better for spreading darkness across worlds.
Darkness wasn't in KHx, but was in Unchainedx Or rather he was, but after the war.
That wouldn't be the first time Ventus was in a Digital WorldTM.
Ephemera mentions that he could sense that the darkness "changed" or whatever that means.
Ven showed up around the same time as Darkness and has a similar outline to Ventus.
The KH3 manga mentions that Vanitas remembers the Age of Fairytales.
Dark Chirithy turns into an Unversed. Vanitas controls the Unversed.
Ventus has a Chirithy.
ILluMiNaTY cOnFiRMeD.

Vanitas = Darkness makes a lot of sense with the clues.
And as for reason why he's messing the Digital WorldTM up. Maybe it's because Vanitas is a dick?
He doesn't have any friends.

Darkness was outside of the datascape, so he probably can move back and forth between the real world ans the datascape.
All of this is a nice thought process.

Back