• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pokemon | Scarlet & Violet (2022) + Legends Arceus is king

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Yup. Sadly, I'm not surprised from hearing this.

OH GOD! listening to this guy explain all the rules makes me feel like i'm taking a very boring college lecture! they threw in the board mechanic from mario party?!!? WHY?!?
Well, they had their little foray into something other than pokemon, and they failed, guess they got what they achieved. Hopefully that gives them the energy to just stick to what they know and be happy with the marketing juggernaut that is Pokemon.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
So little town hero has been released to a very lukewarm reception, never have i seen a game and felt nothing just by looking at it. The national dex died for this?

I know right? God forbid Game Freak tries something new when they should be giving everyone the same thing they've been getting for over 20 years now.

You know what I've been doing the last few gens? Straight up transferring older Pokémon without training them. There's only so many times I can level up a Larvitar (keep in mind, big T is one of my favorites) before I tire of it. The fact that the entire dex isn't in Sword/Shield hit me with indifference because I like to get to know the new crowd instead of getting my millionth event pikachu. Am I bummed that my collection is now stuck on older systems? Somewhat, but not totally because we all know that, complaints or not, someway or another (be it an update, another game or whatever) every mon will find their way to newer gens in the long run.

Soldier

Awards
I mean, there WILL come a point where a Pokemon game will just have too much Pokemon.
Impossible, you can never have enough of the critters, I mean, if we're getting technical here, they have only done about (roughly) 10% of the animal species on earth, and I don't think they'll stop until we get EVERY rodent represented as an electric type. I don't care how many generations/centuries it takes, make it happen game freak!

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Nothing is impossible, but GF makes it hard for themselves. You can have a region full of entirely new Pokémon and still have the other 800+ within the game.
You may not be able to encounter them, but have them inside the code, you know like EVERY entry after RBGY. Technology is advancing rapidly and that includes both gaming consoles and cartridges/memory drives.
They probably lack the proper time, management, coding and team to make it possible.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This Kanto pandering baffles me for Sword and Shield after we just had Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee.

I really hope the best parts of the game are left as a surprise.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Nothing is impossible, but GF makes it hard for themselves. You can have a region full of entirely new Pokémon and still have the other 800+ within the game.
You may not be able to encounter them, but have them inside the code, you know like EVERY entry after RBGY. Technology is advancing rapidly and that includes both gaming consoles and cartridges/memory drives.
They probably lack the proper time, management, coding and team to make it possible.
This is what worries me, especially how over-focused on mobile the Pokemon Company is.
This Kanto pandering baffles me for Sword and Shield after we just had Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee.

I really hope the best parts of the game are left as a surprise.
Although I'd like less Kanto pandering, I don't mind it. It's the very first gen, and I imagine that, if it's not THE most popular generation, it has the most amount of popular Pokemon.

Soldier

Awards
This is what worries me, especially how over-focused on mobile the Pokemon Company is.

Although I'd like less Kanto pandering, I don't mind it. It's the very first gen, and I imagine that, if it's not THE most popular generation, it has the most amount of popular Pokemon.
Really? it doesn't bother you that we have to contend with Kanto pokemon making up a majority of the regional dexes? the limitations in sinnoh (where ponyta was the ONLY other choice for a fire mon), having pikachu and the Kanto starters get a free pass nearly every generation with some special gimmick, appearance, or moves?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Really? it doesn't bother you that we have to contend with Kanto pokemon making up a majority of the regional dexes? the limitations in sinnoh (where ponyta was the ONLY other choice for a fire mon), having pikachu and the Kanto starters get a free pass nearly every generation with some special gimmick, appearance, or moves?
No. Should they pander less? Yes. Do I mind? No. From a Marketing point of view, their design decisions make sense, although they constrict creative value.

Perkilator

Awards
In regards to Gen I pandering, I think it started because of BW1 having ZERO older Pokémon outside the National Dex (not that I blame BW1, per se).

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
You can relearn moves without heart scales

And the reason there has been less reveals compared to SM was because the company wants more surprise encounters for SwSh
This all sounds perfect°
In regards to Gen I pandering, I think it started because of BW1 having ZERO older Pokémon outside the National Dex (not that I blame BW1, per se).
Black/White were an attempt to reboot the series, so it made sense they'd seclude the Unova Dex to just 100% original Pokemon. Which is why I imagine a lot of people love the sequels more than the original game. I actually am of the opinion that the BW saga is too much overlooked, and actually think it was a step in the right direction in terms of narrative. GameFreak actually gave a damn about writing a story. We shouldn't get good stories and characters just from the spinoff games.
I just want my Torterra & Purugly back. I hope the DP remakes isn't that far off.
My hope as well. They already have a working engine on the Switch. It's either make Temporal Diamond and Spatial Pearl, or chug out DLC for SwSh, or Pokemon Lance/Lancelot/Knight whatever.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been one yet. Wasn't there a demo for this? That was where Sun/Moon got datamined from.
I think the demo was only for on-site events. I think story-driven games are going to stop distributing demos, seeing as how dataminers have really hit the games hard, lol. I remember Ace Attorney suffering from this, but the main fansite abstinated from publishing any spoilers.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I just want my Torterra & Purugly back. I hope the DP remakes isn't that far off.
I've been longing for a Sinnoh game remake. Many of my favorite Pokemon came from Gen 4. Hopefully Gamefreak can take their minds of Gen 1 for a bit and remake DP. Even though I was always more of a Platinum person myself.

Back