• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Kingdom Hearts Explore DATING/RELATIONSHIPS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I would do:

Sora/Kairi
Riku/Namine
Roxas/Axel
Vanitas/Xion
Zack/Aqua and/or Ava/Aqua

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Unless the end game is babies/kids I just don't see what is added by making people an official couple. Sora basically loves everyone already so I'll just believe he is dating all of his friends.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Sora would be more likely to be asexual.

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Unless the end game is babies/kids I just don't see what is added by making people an official couple. Sora basically loves everyone already so I'll just believe he is dating all of his friends.
Because the only reason people get together is to make babies...? I agree with the other thing though.

No joke, I could honestly see that. Sora seems like the type of guy who'd be polyamorous.
Seconded. SRK is the best endgame, we just need K to earn that uppercase inclusion.

Sora would be more likely to be asexual.
I know this is mightily pedantic of me but he could still be polyamorous.

Well he could!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The only ship that should move beyond subtext is Lea/Isa. Even with Sora and Kairi, if they were to outright "confirm" their pairing, I think at this point it works better as something we feel (or don't, if you don't buy them as a pairing) rather than see. It serves the story better that way, and I think that goes for pretty much any potential romantic pairing. Lea and Isa is the only one I can see being displayed outright and work well, because their dynamic is both humorous and touching.

NoWay

Awards
I actually don’t want any type of dating in the KH series. Some cutscenes like KH3 did are totally fine for me, but I’m not interested in the characters dating each other to be honest

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Originally I was going to post this in the unpopular opinion thread, until I realized it probably isn't very unpopular.

But to further display my dislike of romance in Kingdom Hearts, the paopu fruit scene in KH3? I would have preferred it if all three Destiny Islanders shared them together. Sora, Kairi, and Riku, to show they are a team and will always be there for one another and will never let Xehanort or any of his forms come between them again, and they sit on the tree together like old times. I know several KH3 re-writers have already talked about it, but still.

Yeah, I've grown rather cynical against love stories in KH, due to how it ruined Riku and Kairi's interactions. Because now that Kairi is Sora's girl, we can't have her interact with any guy her age now. Gotta stay exclusive to that one guy now. I may be overreacting on all this but RIP Destiny Trio.

Eonstar890

Awards
Reading all of this really does just make me wonder what will end up happening with the future of all these characters. Things ended so inconsistently with KH3 with so many points being glossed over, I'm scared that everyone will somehow be completely removed from the story. I feel that Isa and Lea should have importance given the subject X connection and obviously Ventus has a connection to the Chi saga, but other than that...

And honestly cannot wait to see what nonsense is thrown Kairi's way. At this point it would be completely illogical for her to accept just waiting at DI for something to happen especially if Riku went off on his own. To be fair secret endings are rarely ever what they seem to be so I take the Yozora scene with a grain of salt. That being said it is still very well possible she will do something of actual importance in the future, but if not then her character is officially dead to me as any scrap of will or self input has clearly been scraped away from her character.

But anyway the one and only ship I have for this entire series (which I don't think I have seen anyone else say and will probably never happen) is Lea and Aqua. They have that whole fire water motif and also I feel their personalities would really compliment each other. Aqua is very motherly towards her friends and also very virtuous and proper. Lea is also very protective of his friends, but is a total clown and all sarcasm. I can see Aqua always getting annoyed with him but in that "Actually I kinda find you're antics adorable" way. I wouldn't mind Lea and Isa, but I feel like they're more friends than anything else and I would love to see Lea constantly being teased by Isa about liking Aqua (akin to how he teased him in BBS). I know this seems so random and far fetched, but most of the characters in this series seem too kid like for an actual relationship.

Tell me you can't see Lea making Aqua blush the way Zack did :)

Back