• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch the Kingdom Hearts III: ReMIND TGS Trailer Now!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xagzan

Awards
You know, everything else aside, I'm really glad they're using...whatever the name of that track is, for these trailers. That music just blew my mind when I first heard it, and the 3 Xehanort fight was probably my favorite part of the whole game to that point (ironically coming right before my least favorite part). Really that theme might just be my favorite boss track of the whole series now.

But it makes me wonder, how the hell is there no soundtrack for KH3 yet?? It'd be great to know what these tunes are actually called.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Would be nice if Namine acknowledged Repliku at some point. He did sacrifice his chance at life for her sake
I'm low-key hoping that they retcon the line Repliku says to Riku when he gives him the replica body for Namine. I really want Repliku to say "take care of her" to Riku.

I would also love for Namine to mention Repliku (at least HINT it). I mean no one has even informed Sora about the events of Castle Oblivion yet, so that's why a hint would work best. Maybe he thinks that she's talking about Riku, but she means Repliku.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Would be nice if Namine acknowledged Repliku at some point. He did sacrifice his chance at life for her sake

That whole situation is strange.

The only time Naminé ever acknowledged Repliku is that one drawing in KHII. Otherwise, it's like he never existed. Not one single breath she puffed. Whatever connection they have is Naminé violating his mind to be obsessed with her [by orders] and her feeling very guilty about it. He doesn't know her. And they never had that much content in CoM. Perhaps someone can explain what this "strong connection" they have is?

And I feel Riku Replica did it more for personal reasons aside from just giving a vessel to her. He had already decided to reject returning because he considered himself to be another Riku.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It's possible. If not for the additional scenario Re:Mind, then for the secret episode. Doesn't need to be something big.
BBS Final Mix secret episode gave us Realm of Darkness with Aqua.
Cave of Rebemerance was practically a new world in terms of gameplay content.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
That whole situation is strange.

The only time Naminé ever acknowledged Repliku is that one drawing in KHII. Otherwise, it's like he never existed. Not one single breath she puffed. Whatever connection they have is Naminé violating his mind to be obsessed with her [by orders] and her feeling very guilty about it. He doesn't know her. And they never had that much content in CoM. Perhaps someone can explain what this "strong connection" they have is?

And I feel Riku Replica did it more for personal reasons aside from just giving a vessel to her. He had already decided to reject returning because he considered himself to be another Riku.
He was incredibly protective of her throughout Re Chain, and he says himself that he doesn't care if his memories were fake. He still cared deeply about Namine despite what she did, and went out of his way to rescue her from Marluxia when things got dicey. I should think Namine, like Sora, would feel grateful (at the very least) and wish for him to view himself as his own person. Riku, who had far more screentime than Namine, only ever mentioned Repliku once between Reverse Rebirth and KH3, but we know he cared for his replica all the same (and even grew frustrated when he didn't take the vessel). That, and Repliku was dead, and there was never any appropriate scene where she would feel the need to bring him back up from what I recall.

If nothing else, she has a stronger connection with Repliku (who was willing to put his life on the line for her) than she does Xion pre KH3.

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
He was incredibly protective of her throughout Re Chain, and he says himself that he doesn't care if his memories were fake. He still cared deeply about Namine despite what she did, and went out of his way to rescue her from Marluxia when things got dicey. I should think Namine, like Sora, would feel grateful (at the very least) and wish for him to view himself as his own person. Riku, who had far more screentime than Namine, only ever mentioned Repliku once between Reverse Rebirth and KH3, but we know he cared for his replica all the same (and even grew frustrated when he didn't take the vessel). That, and Repliku was dead, and there was never any appropriate scene where she would the need to bring him back up from what I recall.

If nothing else, she has a stronger connection with Repliku (who was willing to put his life on the line for her) than she does Xion pre KH3.

How much of that was on his own volition and how much of that was due to the brainwashing? Would he had done the same if Naminé hadn't messed with his heart and mind? He accepted they were fake, but he's still acting on feelings that wouldn't have been there if it wasn't for her. Repliku in general was a non-factor post-CoM. That's why the sudden plethora of relevancy in III came out of left field to me, some more build up would have smoothed it better. Though I am glad he wasn't forgotten. It bothered me that Xion was a Sora (Roxas?) replica and got all the attention while Riku Replica was forgotten in the abyss.

Furthermore, Riku Replica doesn't view himself as his own person. Whether other characters or the audience disagrees, that's his truth, like it was Vanitas'. He made a choice to relinquish the chance to live because he considered himself a copy. You can't force it upon him, which is why Ven, for example, didn't Naruto talk Vanitas into the whole "YOU'RE YOUR OWN PERSON" like Sora was trying to do. Sometimes you just have to respect others' paths.

As for the last bit, yeah, can't disagree.

Hirokey123

Awards
A false light....that raises so many questions and now I'm thinking the MoM may have purposely damaged Eraqus and Young Xehanort's relationship. I mean Eraqus was the influence that kept Xehanort good what more effective way to send him down a dark path then to first show him how ruined the world is and how it needs a leader. Then tell him all his faith in Eraqus is misplaced and that his best friend Eraqus he is so sure will be the one the world chooses and will just be happy to be there to support...is a false light that won't save the world and that leaving it up to him is a lousy idea. Finally after the doubt and damage is done implant into the boy's head that he just like Eraqus has the strength to stand up and become the leader of the world, and even plants into him the question of what kind of world YX wants to build.

Then just let time do the rest of the work. Eraqus and Xehanort slowly grow more distant because they go their separate ways as adults, Eraqus becomes a light Xealot and doubles down on suppression and rejection which doesn't jive with Xehanort who thinks the world's balance needs to be repaired. Those haunting words of Eraqus being a false light, and the idea he has the power so he could make the world he wants, get the best of him as he nears the end of his own life. He meets with Eraqus to try and work together towards his goal, but Eraqus rejects and attacks him. That cements the breaking of their friendship and finally with the two fully severed Xehanort goes full villain.

Which means the ending of KH3 for Xehanort isn't just an end to his plans, it's him recovering from the damage the MoM did to their relationship. The two estranged friends become friends once more, Eraqus returns to being the bright boy happy to be with Xehanort and Xehanort returns to being the boy happy just to trust and support another, one who reminds him of Eraqus in his youth, to lead and build a better world where he had failed. Visually represented by Xehanort turning over the X-blade to Sora and then him and Eraqus physically transforming back to their young selves before passing on.

Or at least that's my theory.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I’m not going to pretend to know about localization and Japanese but I definitely heard “yami” in the MoM and YMX scene and the closed captions said nothing about Darkness. Anyone know anything about that?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I’m not going to pretend to know about localization and Japanese but I definitely heard “yami” in the MoM and YMX scene and the closed captions said nothing about Darkness. Anyone know anything about that?
The girls were complaining about that earlier. I believe Oracle Spockanort said that the English translations weren't covering the full sentences as they are said in Japanese:
MoM says to YX is he sure he wants to let the world end in darkness
whereas SE is like "WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR THE WORLD"

The Kid

Awards
I liked it! Really I just want a bunch of challenging boss fights and FF cameos. Looks like FF cameos won't happen but a gauntlet of tough fights like the Data fights are enough to make up that for me.

Story stuff is interesting I guess, I'll wait and see when I actually play the game for that. I think other playable characters during Keyblade Graveyard will please many. Tbh that was the one criticism that I never had a problem with since before the game came out, I wanted Sora to fight all 13 of them solo lmao but I'm happy others will get there wish to play as the other lights

Veevee

Awards
"It's already gone back into the past."
God, please be just a bloated way of saying how Sora pressed the reset button after the Demon Tide moment and not another one of these "harr, harr, Sora has always been connected to the Age of Fairytales and of course this was foreshadowed ten years ago, but only came up now!" plot twists. Gameplay looks good though.

cakito123

Awards
God, please be just a bloated way of saying how Sora pressed the reset button after the Demon Tide moment and not another one of these "harr, harr, Sora has always been connected to the Age of Fairytales and of course this was foreshadowed ten years ago, but only came up now!" plot twists. Gameplay looks good though.

I don't think this is it.

I think, as other mentioned, chirity is talking about Kairi's heart.
Kairi had amnesia whe she fell on Destiny Islands, right? So, since that time, her heart was never reunited to her memories. Until Xehanort killed her and released her heart to The Final World. When Kairi's heart went to the final world, she then remembered who she really was. Her memories of being someone else finally returned, and then she goes back to her heart in the past, before she became Kairi.

Also, I was playing the game yesterday and I watched this scene again:

(1:18)

And I started theorizing a bit:

Kairi is "the girl", and the girl was Ava. which again Xigbar said "didn't make it, after all" in the secret ending. Well, Kairi lost her memories when she fell on Destiny Islands. But how, exactly? I think the answer is THE BLACK BOX. Ansem The Wise put her memories of being AVA inside the box.

I think it's weird how the phrasing of Ansem is "YOU HAVE SEEN THE GIRLS MEMORIES?", and "WHERE DID YOU PUT THE GIRL?" totally points to Kairi in the story. Like Ansem and Apprentice Xehanort, she is the only KH character who used to live in Radient garden (as seen in BBS) and was sent away when a kid.

In parallel to that, there is a Plot C happening about everyone looking for the black box. This is a far theory, but from what I can see, they expect her memories to be SOMEWHERE, like it's a tangible thing (and not just a normal memory loss).
The box probably has an important memory from Kairi when a kid in RG, or... has an important memory from ava.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The impression I got was that Sora, with his limited understanding of worldlines and time travel, thought he could go back to an earlier point in Worldline 2 where Kairi was killed so that he could prevent that from happening. Chirithy telling him he can't do that would lead to him instead jumping to Worldline 3, where Re:Mind would play out.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Interesting they are still hiding Demyx in the trailers. I just keep thinking back to Nomura saying "wry smile: Oh he is coming" in regards to him. Must be something big.

U.N. Owen

Awards
One thing I find interesting is that Lingering Will is no longer using Ends of the Earth. Instead, Terra's too pissed to die mode seems to be using Earthshaker.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
What is her pore routine

Maybe it's Maybelline. 🤷🏿‍♂️

...I'll show myself out. 🤦🏿‍♂️

One thing I find interesting is that Lingering Will is no longer using Ends of the Earth. Instead, Terra's too pissed to die mode seems to be using Earthshaker.

I wonder if there's a reason for this. He should be using Ends of The Earth.

Back