• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► The Anime & Manga Dumping Ground

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NancySamuel

I jumped into My Hero Academia a couple of months back. It was so good. I want to read the manga, but it'll take me a while to buy all of it... I really didn't think I'd like the show going by its premise. All-Might looked very strange... I watched the first two seasons up to where they're airing the new dubbed episodes on Toonami. I love all the characters, but the interactions between Izuku, Todoroki, and Bakugou is my favorite part of the show. Bakugou is probably my favorite of the characters, overall. I loved watching his mental breakdown over Izuku being stronger than him, lmao. Something about his design is really cute. And almost all the fight scenes are entertaining.

Since then, I decided to check out Fairy Tail. The show always seemed like something I would enjoy and I wasn't wrong. I'm up to episode 140 now. It's another one where I miraculously seem to like all the characters. At first, I thought I was going to be annoyed by the nonstop fanservice going on with the female characters, but at least they do it equally with the male characters. lol Too bad all of the dub isn't on hulu. I've been forced to watch these YouTube videos where they speed up the sound almost to the point of chipmunk voices, ugh. Natsu is one of my favorite anime leads, which I didn't think would be the case at all. I've seen other things the English voice actor was in (Hetalia, FMA) and I didn't think I'd be able to separate him from other characters, but this is probably his best role.

I have been a fan of My Hero Academia "Bakugou" from the beginning Bakugou is a decent character who has developed because of his friendship with Kirishima and rivalry with Midoriya. You could also like him because of his very fitting Explosion Quirk, which is dangerously powerful. Apart from manga and anime DVDs I also have Bakugou blanket in my collection.

Veevee

Awards
I'm currently watching Bleach and it made me remember why I loved it in the first place. A few years ago, I bought the manga up to the ending and stopped reading somewhere around volume 59 or so, close to the end, because it really didn't resonate with me. It was mostly about fighting, but the emotions behind that felt rather flat and shallow, so I dropped it. Rewatching the Soul Society Arc is really satisfying because it does so much right: You have a lingering sadness that looms over the whole Arc, but every now and then you have some really gold comedy that manages to be uplifting WITHOUT breaking character consistency. For example, I love the relationship between Shinsuke Kyoraku and "Nanao-chan" because it's hilarious and in-character at the same time. They did a really good job with the art, the camera angles, the music, the character relations and the twists. When Ichigo fights Kenpachi and gets beaten, time stops and Zangetsu slowly appears to teach Ichigo a thing, Ichigo resurrects and puts all his might into one last clash and ultimately falls again, that was such an amazing episode. Overall, I jump between being happily nostalgic immersed and sad about the series going down for me later to the point where I even stopped.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I have fallen in love with The Rise of the Shield Hero. It's over twenty five episodes long. I have no idea if it's completed or not, or if it even has another season. I have been doing my best to binge watch it late at night. I absolutely love Raphtalia, and Naofumi as a fighting duo. And it's not your average, summon to another world type of anime either. It has some dark themes attached to it. So watch it at your own risk. I'm only eight episodes in thus far.

I'm also keeping up with Dr. Stone, Is it wrong to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon (season two,) and Fruits Basket. However, I'm dropping Fruits Basket until it picks up the origin story of the curse, and brings in the horse Zodiac.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Anyone watching Dr. Stone?! It’s just so fascinating. Tons of science involved. I feel like I’m a chemist pro now haha.

Veevee

Awards
Anyone watching Dr. Stone?! It’s just so fascinating. Tons of science involved. I feel like I’m a chemist pro now haha.

I read the first volume and had problems with how they mixed it up. On the one hand, they're relying on real-world science (I suck at science, so I guess?) to solve their problems and on the other hand it's so weirdly cartoony and unrealistic that a guy who has been a stone for years just wakes up, moves perfectly fine and even beats up wild animals first thing after that. I can kinda see what people like about it, but for me that really took me out.

I'm currently watching Ouran Highschool Host Club and Eureka Seven. Ouran is fine in portions and Eureka is good, but the pacing is SO. PAINFULLY. SLOW sometimes and there are several episodes where they basically sit around and mope all day. I loved the manga which was kinda rushed, so I was looking forward to the anime and got this slog pacing. Can we meet in the middle, please? :D

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I recently got back into watching Toonami regularly because of My Hero Academia’s new episodes premiering there. I've ended up in love with all of Dr. Stone, One Punch Man, Fire Force, and Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. Even Food Wars is cute. :) Jojo is growing on me. I hope new episodes of Dr. Stone and Fire Force come soon.

I just wish they could play Fairy Tail or Sailor Moon Crystal, or the re-dubbed version of the original Sailor Moon anime.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

Im watching Castlevania season 3. I'm digging it so far.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Just started watching Tower of God. Great story line! I’d say the animation could be a little better, but man I’m liking everything I’m watching

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Just started watching Tower of God. Great story line! I’d say the animation could be a little better, but man I’m liking everything I’m watching
End up finishing it. I may have spoke too soon, but to me it felt short at the end. Obligatory fuck Rachel.

I watched Demon Slayer, which was great. Hope Season 2 turns out great, but from what I’ve read it’s being delayed due to the pandemic like most shows.

I also watched RE: Zero and man, what an emotional toll this one had on me. I’ll be watching Season 2 because land dragon is the best girl lol

D

Deleted member 246005

I started watching Beastars and I liked it. It's Zootopia meets Twilight but better than it sounds.

Its got a level of characterization and world building that feels effortless. As a writer myself, I want to reach that level myself.

Its got a level of maturity with its romantic relationships that I wish other shonens would emulate.

I'm looking forward to season 2 debuting in January 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I’ve watched so much, where do I start...meh I’ll just keep it simp-le:
Rent a Girlfriend: Kazuya is probably the biggest simp in all of anime history. It was entertaining in thought, and the drama was cringe/funny, but god damn Kazuya give your balls a tug.
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Okay, the first season was lit. The story line was so good, even if it was 2 parts. I did not like the lack of explanation in the show to switch from Hamon to Stands. It was such a Dante “What the fuck is this?” moment for me. Though, the second season both parts are equally good, but I think season one was the best.
Goblin Slayer: I was pretty surprised by how much blood it showed, but it was good. I wasn’t blown away by it, but overall good animation and decent storyline. I’d be interested in a season 2.
Blood of Zeus: Holy fucking shit, it’s lit! Brought you by the badasses of the Castlevania anime, the story of a unwanted son and his hoe ass mom and gods is sooooo good. Animation is S tier.
Monster Girl Doctor: what the fuck is wrong with me?
Kaguya Sama: it had charming parts, but y’all crazy. The level of pride and ego is over 9000. I heard there is a second season and I might just watch it.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Been watching Jujutsu Kaisen, and it’s pretty solid for a Shonen anime. It’s not for everyone, as it leans into the horror side of things, but so far it’s been a solid show. It’s 11 episodes into its 24 episode run of its first season, and it also has an English dub which is 4 episodes in, both are on Crunchyroll for those interested.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Anyone seen The Promised Neverland before? It’s a really interesting anime especially considering it only has 12 episodes, it’s definitely a emotional story, plus it’s interesting seeing a horror anime that doesn’t rely on jump scares and gore. The manga is also a good read as well definitely made me look forward to season 2 coming out.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It's been airing on Toonami. I hadn't been watching it when it aired until they marathoned it a few weeks ago. Altogether like that, I could get into it more. The part where Mom breaks the girl's leg when the three children are trying to escape was intense.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Been watching Jujutsu Kaisen, and it’s pretty solid for a Shonen anime. It’s not for everyone, as it leans into the horror side of things, but so far it’s been a solid show. It’s 11 episodes into its 24 episode run of its first season, and it also has an English dub which is 4 episodes in, both are on Crunchyroll for those interested.
I’ve been watching it. I agree, it’s good, but has some misdirection in it’s story. Satoru is a boss.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Agreed, Satoru Gojo is indeed a boss, overly confident but has the power back that up. Itadori is a fun protagonist too😁

As of late, I’ve recently been watching Horimiya. Really cute slice of life anime and is pretty good at turning expectations on the heads regarding characters. It also helps that the leads are just adorable 😊 And the performances in both the original audio and English dub are well done too👍

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I've been reading Demon Slayer lately, and I'm really loving it. I was a Shonen Jump subscriber from their 9th issue all the way to their final printed volume, and when they went digital only it really bummed me out. But I'm much more open at this point in my life to reading digitally thanks to technology today and the convenience it can bring (especially in adulthood), and the Shonen Jump app has just been awesome.

So anyway, I picked up Demon Slayer shortly after subscribing to the app and I've just enjoyed it so much. I'm not too far because I was trying to only read a chapter of it a day to make it last, but I've read nearly 10 today, so whoops 😂 It may not last me much longer now.

Back