• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DLC [Potential Spoilers]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
So I heard from an (unreliable) source by word of mouth that something was announced that said that Sora and Riku would escape Shibuya world by the ned of KHIII DLC so they could move onto its next iteration in IV. Now, I'm always a skeptic, but if they're in Shibuya World, then where in the world could they fit in Disney properties? Is Nomura just trying to make his own Nomura-Verse? Let me know how valid this (or you think it is) below.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
You could literally dedicate an entire game to Sora and Riku's adventures in the afterlife. No way it'll be resolved in a short DLC package

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sora and Riku’s adventures in Shibuya and Shinjuku will likely be their own game and it’d be a “side” game. And...I wouldn’t be surprised if it was removed from “Disney” in that they don’t really visit Disney worlds. I think they would get creative with their representation where they aren’t heavily featured but are still a core aspect of the game.

But please remember that Kingdom Hearts is a Disney IP so even Disney/Pixar stuff isn’t in the game, it is still a Disney game with Disney characters lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sora and Riku’s adventures in Shibuya and Shinjuku will likely be their own game and it’d be a “side” game. And...I wouldn’t be surprised if it was removed from “Disney” in that they don’t really visit Disney worlds. I think they would get creative with their representation where they aren’t heavily featured but are still a core aspect of the game.

But please remember that Kingdom Hearts is a Disney IP so even Disney/Pixar stuff isn’t in the game, it is still a Disney game with Disney characters lol
Well, there’s plenty of afterlife topics from Disney/Pixar movies they can use outside of Shinjuku, so I could see Disney worlds still being used. Off the top of my head, Coco would be fantastic, Princess and the Frog’s friends from the other side could be expanded upon, and gotta shoehorn Hades in lol.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Grand Central Station was accessible from Shinjuku and that’s how Sora and Riku go to other worlds.

But as for the topic at hand, with what looks like a dual protagonist situation, Yozora, and the Master of Masters being in that worldline, I can’t see all these being taken care of well in a DLC expansion. Also the idea that the DLC would continue the ending of the game and follow through with that would have people pissed at the idea that the “real” KH3 ending had to be paid for.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well, there’s plenty of afterlife topics from Disney/Pixar movies they can use outside of Shinjuku, so I could see Disney worlds still being used. Off the top of my head, Coco would be fantastic, Princess and the Frog’s friends from the other side could be expanded upon, and gotta shoehorn Hades in lol.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Grand Central Station was accessible from Shinjuku and that’s how Sora and Riku go to other worlds.

But as for the topic at hand, with what looks like a dual protagonist situation, Yozora, and the Master of Masters being in that worldline, I can’t see all these being taken care of well in a DLC expansion. Also the idea that the DLC would continue the ending of the game and follow through with that would have people pissed at the idea that the “real” KH3 ending had to be paid for.
Having Hades show up to antagonize Sora or Riku would be actually brilliant. Since Shibuya or Shinjuku aren't Disney properties he should have no issue crossing over

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I honestly do not understand why people are making the assumption that Disney is being ignored in a post-Kingdom Hearts III world? Visiting Disney worlds with anime characters is literally the franchise's selling point. None of the secret endings of any Kingdom Hearts games is linked with pre-existing Disney branded elements, why would this be any different?

If anything, I hope we get a Disney boss as DLC. The Headless Horseman would be an antagonist cool to face off in The Realm of Darkness, and because of the characters relative obscurity, I don't think that Disney would be concerned about how the character is being treated int he context of a video game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I honestly do not understand why people are making the assumption that Disney is being ignored in a post-Kingdom Hearts III world? Visiting Disney worlds with anime characters is literally the franchise's selling point. None of the secret endings of any Kingdom Hearts games is linked with pre-existing Disney branded elements, why would this be any different?

If anything, I hope we get a Disney boss as DLC. The Headless Horseman would be an antagonist cool to face off in The Realm of Darkness, and because of the characters relative obscurity, I don't think that Disney would be concerned about how the character is being treated int he context of a video game.

Well, in defense of my (half-awake) post, I’m not saying that they won’t have Disney characters or places in the game, but rather I think this next game will shake things up in terms of how these things are portrayed. Like I don’t think we will be going to worlds proper, but rather something a little more “inventive”. In example, you have Sora hop on a train and he is riding from Shibuya to a place that is pretty much like the Bayou, and then the Bayou to a more original town.

It would be something vaguely like WoFF where there are locations that are familiar and yet completely different from their source location. Nibelheim in WoFF looked more like a mix between Honey Bee and Kalm for example.

This way you are still getting Disney but it isn’t exactly as we would expect it.

But I also have a feeling Nomura has been itching to tell a story removed from Disney’s locales and characters for awhile now. For years he’s developed a story that exist outside of FF and Disney stories, and in the last 7 years or so they have been very open about saying the KH characters and stories can stand on their own. And honestly, after KH3 became a project where they had to dance around all sorts of red tape, I imagine the team would want to work on something where they have way more creative control while still having it be a part of the Kingdom Hearts universe.

Why not use a side game as an opportunity to try this and branch out a little before returning to the main games?

You can still have Disney stuff. More obscure, less protected properties and characters could appear without the burden of having to go through a ring of fire to do something as simple as having a character interact with another character.

This would be about creating a compelling argument over how certain characters and locations can be applied when allowed more freedom to do so.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
You could literally dedicate an entire game to Sora and Riku's adventures in the afterlife. No way it'll be resolved in a short DLC package

I'd especially be interested in how the hell Riku ended up kicking the bucket.

Plot Twist: When Sora disappeared, he actually ended up in the Book of Prophecies and that's why MoM is there.

Obiewantsanipod

This is quite off topic, but not worth a separate thread. In KHUX, the medals you get are powers from the future, or something along those lines.

Recently I saw that there were medals for characters from the The Incredibles movies. Do you guys take such happenings as a hint for possible future world inclusion, or do you think that since it's KHUX it's irrelevant?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This is quite off topic, but not worth a separate thread. In KHUX, the medals you get are powers from the future, or something along those lines.

Recently I saw that there were medals for characters from the The Incredibles movies. Do you guys take such happenings as a hint for possible future world inclusion, or do you think that since it's KHUX it's irrelevant?
It ultimately doesn’t mean anything. There have been several of those collaboration medals, including the Jungle Book and Coco, and it’s because of their movies releasing in cinemas or home viewing release.

Back