• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Zeagal
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• [ spoilers ] hidden content [ /spoilers ]
    Only without the space in the brackets.

In the long run, I agree, but that's exactly why Sora
    1) chose his real Memories at the end - because he didn't want a lie,
    and
    2) Made the promise with Namine at the end, despite it not coming true, that they'll have it all for real when he woke up.
    He saw what could be between them - and he wanted it.

It's called character development. Had he stayed the same, he'd have been a crap of a character. Like Kairi.

No. They remembered it because it was Namine that made them remember it. Them giving it so much importance was their own choices. And why the hell not? Look at what Sora remembered of Namine. It's not like she left him remembering her verbally abusing him or hitting him or something. He remembered promising he'd protect her until the end of time. It wasn't so much forcing importance on an irrelevant Memory, so much as pointing Sora's attention to said Memories.

Uh, no. Sora hardly looked for Riku because of his promise to Kairi - which, despite Sora later on showing he meant he promised Kairi he'd bring Riku to her (which is in fact further proof of my claim Sora is a Kairi/Riku shipper, which really kills SoKai right from the get go in Destiny Islands), was to Kairi herself that he'd be home.
    Had Sora cared about his friends and what he promised to them, he'd have stayed with Kairi since that's what Riku told him to do. Take care of her.
    Sora heard that, nodded, ran off to shake hands with Kairi, and ran off.
    Arguably, yes, you can say he was taking care of Kairi by bringing her boyfriend (in Sora's mind at least) back. However, Riku is Sora's best friend. Sora said as much himself. Sora was back, and then he left - to find Riku. Riku's name wasn't mentioned in the scene where Sora and Kairi parted at the end of KH1.
    Also, Sora bringing Riku back was always eternally in Sora's mind. Kairi never really cared. But that's straying from the point which is Sora debate, not Kairi.

Oh, I never denied she was - at least - at some point a friend. But that can be said because Sora's the kind of guy to make friends quickly. He even tried reaching out to Xemnas at the end. But for someone they wanted to sell as his most important person, they failed miserably.

Kairi'd either be Aqua, or Namine. Depending on whether they wanted her to be a fighter or a proper Princess character.

#1 argument as to why Namine never replaced Kairi in Sora's Memories. She started from being another girl with Kairi still there, and then went on creating new Memories Kairi never could've been a part of (even if we say Kairi used to draw, we know for a fact she couldn't have been there on the night of the Promise to Namine, since the Meteor Shower is the night Kairi reached the Islands to begin with. Sora didn't find her until the following morning).

She's the only Square PoH. Hence, related to Disney... at least by title. She was never there with the rest of them, after all. They fought without her.
    And to be involved, she'd have to be concscious like in KH2, only kidnapped for a proper plot reason like in KH1. Namely - like Namine was in CoM. It's that simple.
    Tad bit? Becoming one of the main antagonists will make her a lot more important! XD

EDIT: After this little convo, do you wanna join the Kairi Hate Club?
    Oh and because I saw this on the chat with sugarmelts -
    Kairi won't die because her dying would give her far too much meaning and importance.
    Also, she's the most Disney related of them all. It's like they'll kill off Belle. Ain't gonna happen.
    Length again. Sadly, this really was mostly covered in the essay XD

"I disagree in that just because to Sora and Namine they are real doesn't mean they are any less fake in the world outside the castle."

But no one really cares about that.
    When two people share a Memory that concerns only them, fake or not, so long as they both accept it, it's as good as it having happened.
    Sora and Namine'd only need the Memory of the Promise, a Promise Sora repeatedly made again and again, that he'd protect Namine. That'd stand outside the castle as well.

"Namine pretty much messed with Sora to the point where Sora wasn't the Sora everyone knew from KH1."

I strongly disagree about that. Did you see Sora screaming at Leon he had to go back to Hollow Bastion to save Riku? CoM Sora.
    Also, Sora in CoM isn't Sora in KH1 simply because he's a Sora that went through everything he did in KH1. He went through hell, had to fight Riku, and then was the one who locked Riku up behind the DtD at the end.
    Of course he won't be KH1's Sora. He can't be KH1's Sora after KH1.
    And before you'll tell me he was more like his KH1 self in KH2, well, different writers aside and the plot as a whole sucking, Re:CoM was a lot more character-insight driven than KH2. I personally see Sora as mind-fucked in KH2 as he was in Re:CoM if not more, because it's the basis of the character. It's just that in KH2 you have to look for it, whereas in Re:CoM it's "spoon fed", to the point it almost seems like he's not Sora. But he is Sora.

"He was so intent on saving Namine because Namine was quickly becoming the only thing left of his memories and thus represented all Sora had left of his sense of self. At one point I believe he mentioned wanting to save Namine thinking it would restore that sense of self in the process."

Sora looking for Riku in KH2. Asking anyone and anything if they knew Riku and Riku being the one that got Sora to properly have his mental breakdown in Hollow Bastion, only for Saix to come in with Kairi as bait when Sora was the most vulnerable - after Xemnas broke him by telling him Mickey lied to him about Riku, and then the both of them disappearing. But this was covered in the essay as well.
    Sora went so hell bent on saving Namine not because he only remembered her. (more essay quotes but oh well)
    They lived by the belief they only remembered what mattered. Hence why there was nothing wrong with Sora only remembering Namine. Hence why him wanting so badly to save her is yes comparable to his obsession with Riku in KH2.
    Kairi never ever got anything even like that. Even if you say him searching for Namine and Riku was because of guilt (locking Riku up behind the DtD, "forgetting" his promise to Namine), the fact remains Kairi's importance to Sora isn't important enough for them to base it as is, and only base it on Namine's importance to Sora. And even then, again - Namine = too special. Riku = best friend.
    What's Kairi to Sora, that came out of Sora's own mouth instead of Jiminy deciding it for him, or Namine telling him that in what arguably and logically is her trying to fend him off?
    Nothing.

"Also I believe if SoKai had been given a story like SoNami he would have acted the same way towards Kairi which just furthers your point about SoKai being built on a foundation of sand."

I disagree. KH2 aside, KH1 wasn't just about Sora trying to save Riku. It was about him trying to save Riku and Kairi. And yet whenever he saw visions of Kairi he was freaked out, almost terrified. And then when he finally got the reunion with her once she woke up, it hardly held a candle to anything else he ever had with Riku and Namine, all through the series.
    It's not that Kairi needs attention or spot-light or more time with Sora. Heck, he didn't really know Namine for too long through the game either, and once he did, for the duration of a single Memory Floor, he had to go through realizing it was a lie, and having to part from her.
    It was still a lot more touching and endearing and I dare say romantic than anything Kairi could hope to get from Sora in a duration of three games.
    Like I said -
    Riku is Sora's best friend.
    Namine's that special to him.
    Kairi gets nothing, and it's not because they didn't have the chances. They just didn't do anything with it, probably by choice.

"Though if he really cared about her he would have tried to save her no matter what like with Namine which he failed to do so I see your point."

What I was about to tell you. Namine was being held by the bad guys as well, and with how much they waved her like a chip in front of Sora's eyes, you'd have thought he'd have realized it was not only a trap, but that Namine meant something to them as well.
    It didn't matter to him though, even when Riku himself was there, supposedly to protect Namine.
    Sora wanted to save Namine for himself, not because she needed saving.
    When Kairi did need saving though, for him to think she'd be fine for a while is really saying he couldn't care less about her, considering Sora's character.
    Like she thinks people with darkness in their heart are useless and corrupted. Then she gets blinded by the light. But I can imagine her dying[I really hope Xehanort kills her in KH3 ;_;]
    Namine sat out and "did nothing" too, but her plot impact was a lot greater.
    I covered this in the essay.

I also covered why SoNami being based on a lie isn't an issue.

"I still don't think she should use manipulation to be someone Riku and Sora would fight over"

She didn't. Notice Sora was the one that wanted for them to save Namine together. It was Repliku's rotten character that got in the way.

"Kairi was never dead just kidnapped. "

But that's the point - he knew she was kidnapped an in real, viable danger all the time. It's not like Riku who - for all Sora knew - could've been fine and dandy and sipping mochachinno somewhere. Kairi was in enemy hands and he still didn't give too much of a damn.
    In Kairi's evil little mind, Namine is just the half of her noone gives a shit about, Sora is her little love muffin and Riku should go jump off a mountain.

I cried, too but I was a big SoKai fan back then. I regret those days o_O
    Spoiler tagged due to length.

I wasn't joking. That was me being angry at her being a bitch on a general level. Half the stuff were ridiculous. I know it was part of exploring and mini missions and such but come ON. She didn't do a single thing. We saw Riku move logs around and Sora run around all over. And Kairi couldn't even get drinking water? Please.

"Plus the whole Namine thing seems a little bit fake "
    I didn't really get what you were trying to say in that. Especially seeing the irony of SoNami beign realer than SoKai ever could hope to be.

"Also just as a sort of side note you honestly ruined the game for me,"
    I know. Think about how I feel whenever I play the games. Ugh :\

"you really opened my eyes to how fake the whole thing is. Part of me though still wants to think that Sora and Kairi really care for eachother."
    http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/119714-you-ve-changed-kairi.html
    You might like this theory of mine then. The only way in which I can accept SoKai - if Kairi used to be completely unlike what she is now, and more, for example, Namine-like in personality. Hence both Sora and Riku being her friends, only for her to end up as her KH1 self due to PoHness kicking in or something (since if it's simply puberty, it's still her being a bitch and I can't excuse it with anything).
    Kairi cares about Sora. Or at least is possessive of him. No doubt about that. And Sora sees her as a friend, otherwise he wouldn't have tried to save her. However, it's enough to look at how he reacts when he meets her in KH2, and compare it with how he reacts to Riku in that game, and even Namine in Re:CoM. It's ridiculous how little Kairi seems to mean to him in the long run.

The truly sad thing is that it's not that hard to see. The reunion scenes which I just talked about don't take that much thinking into - they just take thinking about the games as a whole instead of "ok Kairi reunion, now Riku reunion. Separate scenes."
    They'renot separate. We have Sora seemingly praying that Kairi'll let go of him only to hug back seeing how that's not going to happen, and then falling to his knees sobbing like a child over Riku. In the same scene.
    There's a damn good reason why I don't believe in SoKai, and that's because it just isn't there, me overthinking things aside..
    I know! Kairi was more of a plot device anyway. Hopefully in KH3, they'll be alot more development. But for now, I don't like her. :3
    Yes, it's me. Glad you enjoyed it, and it's ok you don't full agree with it. No one ever said you had to.
    I am curious as to what you disagreed with :3
    wow
    he thinks the exact opposite rofl
    i really do think he's awesome!!!!
    but it's like being totally in love with Cloud or Zexion
    and finding out he's got freaking high stndards...
    shall i sew my mouth shut? ^_^
    eh, i give people rules if they seem to be out to get me. guidelines, you might say, to keep me in line more so than them. basically i admit that we are both clashing personalistically, and that we should agree to be at the very least polite to each other.
    ...and then he said f me rofl...
    i like him-- he's a riot!!
    ohhhhhhh sweet!!!
    i fanfic, myself.
    just not an original characters kind of person. they're not real enough for my likage. >_<
    um, crimson soul seems a bit po'd at me...
    i think i made him mad,
    just because i gave him rules for jacking me up in the forum world.
    >_<
    it's not like i can hunt him down or anything...
    i'm kind of hurt that he seems kinda hurt......
    eh.....
    well i could show you better than i could tell you-----
    maybe when i feel like uploading. >.<
    i hate to sound like a total ignoramus (despite my redunculously magical vocabulary)
    but who is/are Lindsay and Zeagal..?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back