• We have brought back Future of KINGDOM HEARTS as our main Kingdom Hearts section. Discuss any projects including Phase 2 developments, the rumored Disney Plus series, all TWEWY-related news, theories about the future of Kingdom Hearts, and any general topics in this section. For anything related to Kingdom Hearts Memory of Melody, please discuss it in the KINGDOM HEARTS Memory of Melody section.
  • Although unrelated to Kingdom Hearts, we are aware that there might be fans of The Last of Us on our forums. We ask that you please keep all spoilers for The Last of Us 2 spoiler-tagged. Any untagged spoilers will result in a temporary ban from the site.

Recent content by WhinyAcademic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. WhinyAcademic

News ► Gamekult interviews Hazama, Nomura & Suzui about KH Melody of Memory

Yeah this is pretty much Limit Cut for $60 in terms of story progression which to be frank, is what we’re all chomping at the bit for. You’ll get a few intro cutscenes, then the hours you spend on completing the game, and a few cutscenes at the end that Nomura and co have openly said are not...
  2. WhinyAcademic

News ► Rumour: A World Based on Frozen 2 Reportedly Considered for Kingdom Hearts 4

Ugh. Arendelle was trash. Frozen II was trash. No thanks.
  3. WhinyAcademic

Could further paid DLCs be possible for "Kingdom Hearts 3"?

There are two things I’d like for future DLC; more stuff for Data Greeting, and more playable character options for Limit Cut, or even the main story. Just for even more replay ability, let me play as Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Aqua, and Roxas during the data battles, or in the main story. Just for...
  4. WhinyAcademic

Honest Game Trailers: Kingdom Hearts 3

Also I like how their original KH trailer poked at the series for repeating worlds over and over again, when there are tons more properties out there they could use (they specifically named Pixar). Yet come this one, they’re mocking the series for apparently running out of properties to make...
  5. WhinyAcademic

Honest Game Trailers: Kingdom Hearts 3

Yeah Honest Trailers sucks without Jon Bailey. Honestly I don’t feel like they did that great here. They got a few things right, like talking about Kairi being a perpetual damsel in distress, the tonal disparities of Mike Wazowski existing in the same universe as Sephiroth, and how batshit the...
  6. WhinyAcademic

The new Organization ordering

Ansem and Xemnas are Master Xehanort’s top lieutenants, Xigbar has been with MX since the beginning. Those four make sense. I think the new character files dropping have actually said that Marluxia didn’t get a chance to wake up recompleted upon his defeat in COM, he just next remembered being a...
  7. WhinyAcademic

News ► KH Character Files: Short Stories - Terra, Ventus & Aqua

Oh my god I love these these are so precious!! Ven being happy after eating Aqua’s cakes, Terra not liking them too sweet, Eraqus liking strawberry tarts, and Aqua making tea and cakes. It’s perfect.
  8. WhinyAcademic

News ► Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package Arrives March 17th 2020 on PlayStation 4

That boxart will make a fine overall series poster
  9. WhinyAcademic

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

Lloyd did a really good job and it was great to hear someone with a voice as ancient-sounding as Nimoy as MX. That said, I was so used to Hauer that it definitely felt strange to hear Lloyd dubbing him over. I really grew to like Hauer’s more subdued hamminess, so going back to a more wild...
  10. WhinyAcademic

In your opinion, did ReMind fix the game?

The main game still suffers in the story department, namely that nothing happened until after the Disney worlds were done. Once we got to that point it was almost truly the climax of 20 years of games we’d been praying for. So I’m satisfied with KH3’s imperfect story. That said, the DLC’s main...
  11. WhinyAcademic

Data Greeting isn’t very good imo

Disney has been really dropping the hammer saying they don’t want their film characters crossing over with each other outside of the main cast of MDG, Yen Sid, chipmunks, Jiminy, and Maleficent and Pete. I wasn’t surprised that they gave us absolutely no other Disney characters to use.
  12. WhinyAcademic

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind DLC trailer, Release Dates Announced

Oh my GOD I was not expecting ANY of that! Playable Kairi?!? The Guardians of Light Vs the Replicas?! FINAL FANTASY?!? SCALA AD CAELUM?!? sweet JESUS
  13. WhinyAcademic

Music you want to see used in the Limit Cut True Organiztion XIII battles

Hmm I mean I feel like they had an excellent selection already. If we get individual fights with Xemnas, Ansem, and Young Xehanort, then I’d like: A new version of Darkness of the Unknown for Xemnas Guarnando nel Buio for Ansem New version of Dark Impetus for Young Xehanort The new Dismiss is...