• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recent content by stephaknee

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. stephaknee

This is my first time writing in a while. (Vignette)

Hai. I wrote something. It's supposed to be very short but it still feels incomplete and I'd like some thoughts/suggestions She felt the vomit bubble through her stomach, an acidic stream of bile and regret erupting through her esophagus. Tears of frustration and confusion and self-pity welled...
  2. stephaknee

Help/Support ► Mental Health

I've been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, and Major Depressive Disorder. I have tried meds a couple of times, with limited success. I attribute this mostly to the fact I did not want to rely on medication to be happy. I've had some very low "lows," including two deliberate...
  3. stephaknee

Help/Support ► Tough education/job/life related decisions.

Get experience with research before you make a definitive decision. When I first started college, I was set on the idea of getting my Ph.D in Cognitive Neuroscience. I worked in a lab for 3 years and I absolutely hated it. During all four years of college I worked at a public school, however...
  4. stephaknee

Help/Support ► tell me i'm not being unreasonable

You made the right decision in not contacting him. He seems a bit codependent, bitter, and immature. The best thing for both of you is just ignore him, like you've been. You don't owe him anything.
  5. stephaknee

Michigan lawmaker banned from speaking for saying vagina.

Michigan State Rep. Lisa Brown silenced after "What she said was offensive," Callton told The Detroit News. "It was so offensive, I don't even want to say it in front of women. I would not say that in mixed company." *~*~*~~*~VAGINA~*~~*~*~*~
  6. stephaknee

Help/Support ► Household Spider question

Spider Myths: Wolf! Wolf! Spiders aren't that bad bro.
  7. stephaknee

Nice Guy Syndrome

Shakesville: Explainer: What is a "Nice Guy®?" Nice guy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Too lazy to type up my opinions/experiences ATM but I probably will later. Thoughts? Disagreements? Guys, do you see yourself as "the nice guy?" Girls, have you dealt with a male friend like this?
  8. stephaknee

Help/Support ► Which College Should I Go To

Oh hey I go to BU. Amherst is overall better than Lowell, and the people I know that go there love it.
  9. stephaknee

Help/Support ► Weight problems

I was the same way. I didn't even reach 100 pounds (I'm 5'0) until I was 20. 21 now and I'm 110 (I also have a hormonal IUD, however). Exercising and protein will help :]
  10. stephaknee

Help/Support ► HELP ME MAKE IMPORTANT LIFE DECISIONS PLZ AND THX

Terrible source of advice and I probably know more than most of you about SSRI mechanism of action, but gosh this is so much easier than thinking for myself. Basically I need to decide if I wanna be on meds or not (Zoloft). I was on it for about two months, and have been off for about two months...
  11. stephaknee

Plz help.

What do I want to drink tonight? I'm bored of whiskey.
  12. stephaknee

Help/Support ► back in the dumps again

Exactly. My ex-boyfriend and I broke up on our three year anniversary (after a very on/off last year). It's been two weeks. And I still think about him and feel sad periodically (especially in the morning). We intend to be friends later on, but need to cut off communication until we are both...
  13. stephaknee

Help/Support ► HOMEWORK HELP THREAD!

The answer is B, but here's a better explanation: An obtuse angle is an angle greater than 90 degrees. All angles are smaller than 180 degrees (because then it's just a straight line). So now we have two inequalities. 2(a) + 8 > 90 2(a) + 8 < 180 So now you just solve like a normal equation...
  14. stephaknee

Help/Support ► It's terirbley boring but plz tell me if this abstract makes sense

Thanks :)! And kind of. The lab is at my university, but I'm working through a grant instead of getting credit for a course.
  15. stephaknee

Help/Support ► It's terirbley boring but plz tell me if this abstract makes sense

I need to make it accessible to reasonably intelligent (inb4 khi bashing) people that don't have a neuroscience or psych background. i'm at disney and a little drunk so I have no idea if it makes any sense at all derppppp. Interactions between Visual Long-Term Memory Retrieval and Visual...
Back