• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Solo
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• Yes, haha I cannot wait for all the delicious food! It's such a nice holiday; always look forward to it. :)

Very nice! Sorry that you have to go back to reality, though haha. :/ Never fun after a good vacation. Did you end up changing jobs like you wanted to?
    haha Well 80 of those would just blow a fusebox out so I don't think running that many (or even 1/2 of that) is smart considering your house would never have power. Not to mention if it's too strong and you blow out all the generators on your grid, you could take out a few neighbor's houses as well (talk about a bad way to welcome yourself to the neighborhood).

When I was talking about "vibrant" I was actually referring to The Grid figures, sorry lol The stock photos you see online are VERY misleading overall. I got my expectations set quite high after seeing that amazingly vibrant, neon stock photo of Sora and Riku The Grid figures. In real life they are still very nice, just nowhere near as vibrant as that photo makes them appear.

I've seen the DDD figures at the showcases and such but I won't make a final call until I see what mine looks like since mine will be a factory-made, run-of-the-mill one, not a figure that is made to look better for displays at cons and such.

Also, I don't mind talking just about KH merch haha I could talk about it for days, makes me think of them and look at them more sometimes.

No introduction is really necessary, we've seen each other around the forums long enough that I don't think "hello's" are all that necessary haha
    Hey dude! :D Yeah it has been a little while! Life has been treating me well; I'm doing great! Classes are winding down for Thanksgiving break, which is awesome. How have you been man? Hope everything is going well for you also! :)
    I agree that black is a problem, but in the end, it just looks to darn nice to pass up in my view so I'm still gonna go with black. Just make sure you buy like 79 filters for that one room lol so that at least the filters suck in most of the dust.

As for the faces, I agree, the new DDD figures definitely are the best in terms of facial expressions and The Grid one is quite a site, definitely one of the best figures yet, BUT the colors could be a teeny bit more vibrant in my eyes. The faces on both DDD figures are similar but not exactly the same, the main DDD one is like a smile while The Grid is more of a smirk.

That being said, I'd expect them to reuse the facial expression of the DDD figure from now on, The Grid was different considering the figure itself isn't the same since he has his helmet on which changes the shape of the head.
    I love those cabinets you plan on buying. When I do get the cabinets ultimately for my KH room, I definitely want black ones since they go nice and look sleek (at the cost of dust being really noticeable but I'll just keep a filter running at all times). The other ones I really like are the ones SE actually uses to display their figures at conventions but sadly, they don't really hold that much and are too tall for my tastes so I'll probably end up with something like the ones you have pictured :)

The Limit Form is essentially the KH2 Sora figure (or all the forms of Sora figures) except with a KH1 color palette which is why I like it. It hits me in the nostalgic KH1 sense but at the same time definitely has the best color scheme of all the Play Arts (not Kai) Sora figures. The KH1 Sora was a bit pale...his face is also not so well designed but if you play KH1, Sora's face is creepy <_<
    The ones I bought I got from Target. You have to build them yourself but each box is pretty much a 1 ft. cube all around so they are definitely big enough to house a Play Arts figure, the only ones that might give you a problem are the KH1 Sephy and Cloud, but they are so worth it (mainly Sephy who is by far my favorite Play Arts figure in the set of KH figures by far).

I do hate that, ESPECIALLY when it used to go for cheaper but I chose not to get it until it went up in price <_< I don't mean to stir the pot, but I have all of Sora's form so far and honestly, my favorite is the Limit form. The colors are VERY vibrant and it looks stunning. I mean, given the detail and improvements, I expect the Sora DDD Play Arts Kai to take my favorite spot but that's kind of an unfair advantage given Play Arts Kai is like the upgraded version of Play Arts figures.
    They are the pros and cons, for someone who likes to constantly change the poses like you do, the Play Arts are definitely better. For me, they're kind of equal, although I would still agree that the Play Arts is better considering their size is cool. Although I love all the added stuff to the Formation Figures, like the floors and buildings, it's the small things (clearly).

My casing is good, but I would not recommend doing what I do purely because mine is extremely temporary. They are these white box cases (IDK how to describe them) and are often seen in magazines, they're modern and they stack so you can make a variety of shapes with them :) The plastic wrap in the front prevents stuff from getting in but it does wear out and need to be replaced every so often. When I do move into a new house, I do plan on buying actual glass cases for them all, although I do agree that the pricepoint on them can be hefty <_< Especially when you're dead set on a certain one.

That sounds like an interesting thread, but it largely seems when merchandise threads come up, I'm usually the only one dead set on buying everything KH lol (at least the nice KH stuff). There could be some in the shadows collector and I'd love to see their collection, I'm always for seeing stuff I don't want or didn't want (perhaps I may end up wanting them?).
    Yeah lol it's thanks to everyone sharing their friend codes, I was able to get a lot of interesting Pokemon too. I have been rather lucky with their IV distributions/natures due to the help of Synchronizers but I can't say I have caught a shiny with perfect IVs lol.

Switching between the two does feel a bit awkward. I never realized how much slower B/W/2 were until I was so used to X/Y's improvements.
    I see lol. It's no problem! Thank you so much. How is your progress going so far in Pokemon X/Y? I've mostly been trying to get shinies.
    Well let's be honest haha the poses that the Formation Arts figures are in are so freaking awesome and I don't even think the original Play Arts line can pose like that haha xD I take them out every once in a while to examine them completely (and clean them if I see something that is off) but for the most part, I don't since there is so much stuff that IDK what to touch haha Speaking of, I just expanded my collection today :) I got the original 5 TOMY Magical Collection KH figures of SRK and DG that first came out back when KH first came out. Best of all, they are perhaps the only none-creepy KH figures that came out when KH first came out of SRK (I don't collect things that give me nightmares lol).

Nowadays, all of SE's Play Arts figures come with stands, but back in the day, KH ones did not while FF ones did. Which is sad since the Axel Play Arts figure is nowhere near as stable as Sora, Roxas, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, etc. so I was disappointed. There are doll stands that are easy to get (they're not as good as the SE ones) but seeing as SE doesn't sell the stands alone (they really should, they did at one convention, they sold like hotcakes, and SE never did it again and now 1 SE stand goes for like $60...I'd rather buy a figure haha). Yes, I definitely want aerial poses. The main art of Sora is KH2 where he's jumping up with his keyblade over him or Final Form floating in the air comes to mind.

My problem is that I don't have glass cases yet, which are pretty good at keeping out dust and such. I have cases where dust can get in often so I've largely given up on cleaning them everyday, I do it once every other month and cover the cases with plastic wrap (it works better than it sounds...trust me). I love my collection, but a part of me doesn't like to brag, hence why I don't post my collection on the forums...
    Congrats on the Forum Friend Award! Really appreciate you taking the effort to compile the list of friend codes together in the Pokemon thread.
    Yeah I like photography but I've never had a decent camera to get good at it. Plus whenever I have money it always goes towards Kingdom Hearts stuff, Disney pins (which I also like collecting), or worse...KINGDOM HEARTS PINS!!!

I never play with my Play Arts figures since I'm borderline paranoid. I plan on posing them once I get my own house (I'm gonna have a Kingdom Hearts-dedicated room) and once they're posed, I never plan on taking them out of those poses (unless I want to rebox them or change those poses rarely). Maybe since I know they will be reboxed eventually when I move I don't want to pose them now >_< I also don't have official doll stands so I can't make awesome poses where they are jumping or mid-air.

Even if my figure fell down stairs, I'd be so angry about it getting scratched (I'm one of those collectors who keep them on a shelf as prized posessions haha it's sad...but true).

Yeah, the LE consoles are nice, but for the price they go for, I'd much rather buy a figure. You could get like 5-6 figures for the price of 1 LE console that I would never use @_@
    Haha, yeah. I was thinking about something different when looking for an avatar. In most avatars Sora seems unhappy or ready to fight or something like that.

I was thinking about changing it sometime in the future, maybe when KH III comes out, but then again it's like an username where you just look at it and identify the person who post.
    Wow Flanix, your photo taking skills are to-die for O_O I absolutely love the KH one in the OP (the one with Sora and Roxas basking in the sun), the whole background had me mesmerized for a while haha This led to me staring at all the other photos for awhile :)

I actually just reframed all the keyblades so far, I plan on putting photos up soon :) I will admit, the Play Arts figures are my favorite in my collection. Some of the figures I'm not sure about the authenticity, but I plan on correcting that very soon once I have a job. I also have a huge problem with posing my Play Arts figures because while the Kai are more durable, the original Play Arts line wasn't all that sturdy so I'm so nervous I'm going to break one of their fragile arms haha

Yes, I have been collecting ever since the year I fell in love with KH, which wasn't even a decade ago, but at this point, collecting has been slowing down (which is really good haha) so I have more time where I get to enjoy the collection and focus on the smaller, rarer things. I plan on getting the LE DSi this Christmas and I'm waiting until the next big Nintendo handheld to buy the LE 3DS (since it'll significantly drop in price ^_^).

I always wanted to make a merchandise section here or post my collection, but I don't want it to be seen as bragging <_<
    Yes, I collect quite a lot. I have photos my collection actually uploaded to my Photobucket, which is here:

Kingdom Hearts Collection Photos by kupo1121 | Photobucket

It's not fully updated, some stuff is currently in the mail on its way (SRK DG figures) and I have all of the original Mirage KH toys EXCEPT MerSora and Ariel (which I should be getting soon) :) I do love me some KH merch (hence why I was heartbroken over the Sora D23 figure...I love KH merchandise...my favorite hobby ^_^).

Oh, and I also have every English TCG except 1 which I only know of 4 in existence <_<
    haha I guess it does but the offer was more or less just to help other's out. I'm going to be ordering a lot of stuff from them anyways so I figured if I could help someone else, why not? I think ordering 1 package is close to $20-$30 even if it's tiny, my shipping all together would end up at $60 so if anyone wanted to join in I could have probably saved them $10-$15, but that's fine too :)
    Hey Flanix,

Oh darn :( I didn't know you were located in Asia. Shipping to you would actually be quite cheap since you're located closer to Japan and it would most definitely NOT to be cheaper to ship it to me and then back to you. It's more or less an option for anyone in the US or near the US (Canada, Mexico, etc.).
    Lol XD ok deeeh... was just thinking out loud... hahah XD btw, do you follow the government updates in Indonesia? Like the political news and economical issues here? Or the information you get there is confined due to you being in a different country?

You have a wonderful dream :) I hope you can pursue them once you come back to Indonesia. We're in need of you special talent, especially how in dire need of health education here... hahah... <--not very positiive but on another note, do you intend to continue education here? you know for S2? or masters degree perhaps? I'm sure with your intelligence you can achieve at least a scholarship... unlike design, we designers are dead in our own land...
    Yeah, I definitely see what you mean. And if people hardly ever dress up where you live, it might be awkward walking around as Roxas who most people don't even recognize haha. xD That's too bad that Halloween isn't a big deal by you; it's a lot of fun where I live. A lot of people go all out haha.

A costume party would be cool! Then you can finally try dressing up haha. ;D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back