• We have brought back Future of KINGDOM HEARTS as our main Kingdom Hearts section. Discuss any projects including Phase 2 developments, the rumored Disney Plus series, all TWEWY-related news, theories about the future of Kingdom Hearts, and any general topics in this section. For anything related to Kingdom Hearts Memory of Melody, please discuss it in the KINGDOM HEARTS Memory of Melody section.
  • Although unrelated to Kingdom Hearts, we are aware that there might be fans of The Last of Us on our forums. We ask that you please keep all spoilers for The Last of Us 2 spoiler-tagged. Any untagged spoilers will result in a temporary ban from the site.

Recent content by Shramp

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Shramp

Kairi: The Thread

I'd rather we get some new females characters. Especially more adults, for once.
  2. Shramp

It's less "jiggle physics" and more of what I mentioned earlier. Fandoms love to fawn over and/or lewd pretty female characters, and in KH the pickings are very slim. Most of the girls are young or aren't very interesting or relevant.
  3. Shramp

It isn't surprising Aqua is so popular, she's one of few "waifu-able" characters in the cast who was given a lot of screen time and attention. I know a lot of yumes like their simple, dark-haired self-inserts, and I do believe she was kinda retconned into the story, but other than that I can't...
  4. Shramp

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | fav Sora ship that doesn't involve Riku or Kairi

The type of discourse KH has is to be expected from most decently sized fandoms. I can't think of any fandom that doesn't have "my ship is better than yours", or hate for a specific character who gets in the way of a ship being flung everywhere. Yeah, it's very dumb, but thank god people aren't...
  5. Shramp

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | fav Sora ship that doesn't involve Riku or Kairi

IMO this fandom is one of the least toxic when it comes to shipping. While there certainly is a bunch of people who'll dogpile on people who ship something "problematic", I've seen this done at a much worse scale (and with little to no validity) , and even to the point of attempted murder I...
  6. Shramp

They already kinda do this, 'cept characters get their time in the narrative based on if they can fight and/or have a keyblade.
  7. Shramp

Agreed. I get the sentiment, but the argument that "there should be more affectionate males who aren't gay in fiction" doesn't hold any water when "close male friends who aren't gay" has always been the status quo and still is.
  8. Shramp

Yeah, but it's in the context of Kairi's purpose and treatment in the series, not Sokai v. Soriku.
  9. Shramp

But it's irrelevant to the conversation and if you want to talk about romance there is a dedicated thread.
  10. Shramp

Because I'm not too fond of the defense that he wanted to do something with her but couldn't when there were plenty of opportunities. Basically what Tartarus said, I really think he didn't want to do much with her outside of being a plot device but feels pressured to from fans. And that kind of...
  11. Shramp

Okay, but is there really an excuse for Kairi being so underutilized despite being considered a main character? She's not a real person, she's a fictional creation who's narrative can be formed and altered on a whim. Nothing was stopping the writers from giving her more focus or making her more...
  12. Shramp

Tbh that feels more like something Square is more likely to do.
  13. Shramp

Thoughts if Vanitas were to get some kind of 'redemption arc' later on?

I'd like to see him be given more depth, but tbh I don't want a redemption because if the other redemption arcs in this series are anything to go by, it won't be executed well.
  14. Shramp

I think he's appropriately vilified, it's just that fans don't keep up the same energy with other characters that should be vilified because they find them attractive.
  15. Shramp

What about a Kingdom Hearts without Disney??

I feel like we shouldn't be wrestling between OC and Disney at all. There should be more focus on blending the two together where it doesn't feel like you're playing through two different games, in a thematic sense. That would really remedy the feeling of playing through commericals for movies...