• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recent content by Pelafina

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Pelafina

One Decade

For all that made it this far, 15 years. Shoutout to anyone that I knew, or knew me, all those years ago. Been on a nostalgic sad kick this evening, so I don't expect any replies. But I'm happy to know you all are still doing your thing still, fifteen years after we all met. Pleasant...
  2. Pelafina

One Decade

Hi there folks. Today marks ten years since I signed up for this wonderful place. I doubt most of you all remember me, and I haven't been active hardly at all for years and years, but once in a while it's nice to pop in and see what's going on. This forum and these people have been important...
  3. Pelafina

My Great Life Experiment-

My adventures after disappearing from this forum in the summer of 2010 are largely over, and have finally brought me somewhere with internet access. You may or may not remember me as reading a lot of books and confusing people with no understanding of sarcasm. I will answer questions or...
  4. Pelafina

An Explanation of My Absence

So to everyone that I talk to, and all of the discussions I used to be in a bit, I realize that in the last few months I have been almost completely gone from here. (and I decided, like everyone else, that I didn't like it. We always come back though.) It's just been a busy couple of months...
  5. Pelafina

I'm Homeless!

So today I got kicked out, and I have several places to stay, but for the next eight or so hours I am technically homeless. Tell me some neat things to do.
  6. Pelafina

Help/Support ► HOMEWORK HELP THREAD!

I didn't realize the date it was posted until afterward.
  7. Pelafina

Help/Support ► HOMEWORK HELP THREAD!

I doubt anyone will come along that's read it, and I haven't either, but I'll try to give you some technique at least. Symbolism is always an easy one. Think of something that could have been a symbol, and ask if it was, and how. Teachers love symbolism questions. If there were any loose ends...
  8. Pelafina

N.W.A.

do you ever find yourself fervently hating cops? is your closet full of illegal automatic firearms? are you frequently called a 'nigga' as a term of endearment by friends? if so, i have the music group for you! check out compton's own n.w.a. (short for 'niggaz with attitude'), where you're...
  9. Pelafina

Help/Support ► To ask or not to ask?

He already did it, and if that's all that this thread was for, I'm going to close it to prevent people from spamming it. Sorry about that whole deal though. Good luck in the future.
  10. Pelafina

Lit ► Crime and Punishment

I am in the middle of this novel right now, and it is honestly one of the most excellent things I've ever read. The characterization is excellent, the language is simple enough, but effective, philosophies and ideas are expressed subtlety but well, etc. I'll try not to praise it overly in here...
  11. Pelafina

Lit ► On the Road

Another novel that I've been trying to get a copy of for ages, and finally have. It was definitely worth the wait for it. I'm halfway through this as well, but I'm not unduly concerned about spoilers, so just don't give too much away. There are a few things that I really enjoy about this...
  12. Pelafina

Talking Heads

I have been on a Talking Heads listening spree lately, so I figured I'd remake this thread. Anyone else have anything to contribute?
  13. Pelafina

The Graduate

This is such an excellent movie, for a lot of different reasons. The cinematography is very well done, the plot is interesting, the choice of actors was very well done, and on top of all that, it characterized a generation. Also, it has Simon and Garfunkel for most of the music, which just makes...
  14. Pelafina

Help/Support ► What do you do?

That's kind of a weird thing to do, in my opinion. It might be cuter and more effective if you're younger, but once you're as old as OP, it's just not the same. I second the motion of just going for it and asking. It's not that big of a deal if you do get turned down, and at least you tried...
  15. Pelafina

Net Neutrality

U.S. court rules against FCC on Net neutrality - Security- msnbc.com On Tuesday, the court ruled against net neutrality, which means that broadband providers do not have to offer equal opportunity for internet traffic. I've done some reading on the issue, but I still don't have a set...
Back