• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Norpthalomus
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• Hey, there's nothing to apologise for. Vacation, huh? Is it for Thanksgiving? Sounds really fun! Where did you go, and what did you do?

If you ever visit my country, I suggest you start with the island of Bali. It's the single most internationally recognised tourist destination in Indonesia, and while I don't live there, I know there are lots of clean and wonderful beaches. The island is also rich in culture, and with Hinduism being the dominant religion there, you're bound to see great temples, among others. Be careful in purchasing souvenirs though; owners and workers in modest souvenir shops in Bali expect you to bargain, and if you're good, you can get the item you want for just one third of the initial price!

Ah, talking about vacation really makes me want to go for another. Now the waiting game begins... XD
    Well, of course. I mean, my family is there and it's my birthplace, so there's no reason not to call it home. I admit though that the government leaves much to be desired, and a few of the officials have less intelligence and sense than an individual watermelon seed, haha. Nonetheless, I still love living here.

I only know so much about Japanese, actually. XD I've never taken formal Japanese education past the elementary level, and I just kind of picked up some of the vocabulary and sentence structures from anime shows, games, and (believe it or not) product packaging. It helps to have a handy dictionary for quick reference, too. Thanks to all that, I'm now quite confident to ask around for, say, directions if I somehow got lost in Japan, and strike a general, superficial conversation. But if they went beyond that... it'd be awkward, haha.

Thanks for your opinion! It's going to be hard for me to show that happiness is not synonymous to money, but I certainly will. I still hope to get that new job though so that I can amass a good amount of fortune and be of even more help.
    Sucks to live in this part of the world, then, for not having such a holiday, haha. But there are things here that aren't there, and I bet some of them can be just as exciting. :D

As for that job change, nope, I haven't. I certainly will, though. There was this Japanese company, it conducted a recruitment talk of some sort a few weeks back here. Seeing that it's related to my major of study, I attended it, and I applied for a position. I hope I can at least get into the first round of interviews... since being able to live and work in Japan is a dream come true for me. XD

If I can't make it, though, well... I'm going to go back to my hometown and do volunteer work at an orphanage. I have to really think about it though, because my family doesn't seem to be keen on this idea. I'm kind of disheartened by this, because ultimately, after shifting job to one that I'm passionate about, my goal is to help those who are less fortunate. With volunteering, while I don't get money the way I will if (when; I need to be positive!) I net a job, I can jump into action faster, and I'd really like to challenge the mindset of my family members this way...

Does it sound stubborn or myopic of me to think that way? And sorry for suddenly going into a rather deep conversation, haha.
    I see it's that time of the year again, where you can enjoy roasted turkey and all kinds of sweet-potato-based dishes. Whenever I hear of this holiday I can't help but wanting for some of that wonderful food! I guess I can only wait until December to have sumptuous dinner by celebrating Christmas together with my family. XD

I'm doing alright, thank you. I've just returned from a week-long getaway, and I was quite saddened to know that it's time for me to face reality once again, haha. At least I feel rejuvenated after the break, which I'm glad I have taken.
    Hey buddy, it's been a while. How's it going? Hope life's been treating you good. :D
    Also, if you could sometime soon, just VM me when you're able to get on Pok?mon, since that'll register your Friend Safari and give your 3 mons their hidden abilities.
    Hi Roknar,

Letting you know I added your FC off of the list in the Pok?mon thread. If you want mine too its 3351-4059-3963
    Haha, well, I might have to resort to online shops for those wigs, or have them specifically tailor-made. Just as I said, cosplay is a rare event here and as such, the number of stores selling good props is quite few and they're bound to be pricey. Not even in Halloween people dress up... last weekend was just a usual one for me... well, ordinary, aside from the two special days that followed after Halloween that I celebrate, that is.

Still, though, a light-hearted dress-up party would've been really fun. Maybe next time I should come up with an idea to throw a house party for that... that way, I'd have a valid excuse to spend some bucks on props. XD
    I see, two years, huh? That's no mean feat. Keep up the good job! :D

As much as I want to cosplay as Roxas and Nate (and I believe that I can do it more easily since I'm not that tall; I figure they're my height, or rather, I'm their height), they both have something in common that'd be really hard for me to get right: their hair. While a wig that matches Roxas' hairstyle might be out there somewhere, I doubt I will find one that emulates Nate's palm tree style that easily. Anime hairstyles tend to be like that though, somehow very conveniently defying gravity it's so hard to imitate. -_-

Yep, that's right. No matter what happens, always keep your family and friends close, because it's them who will be your lifeline. One thing I keep believing in is that they, especially family, offer the best possible solutions no matter how crazy they sound. XD
    Wow, really? That's wonderful! I can see you're happy with her, and I hope you continue to be. :)

I really would like to cosplay, but where I live? There isn't that many opportunities in which I can. Halloween isn't celebrated, and there are hardly any anime conventions... only once every two years, once a year if we're lucky. Such a bummer... I want to cosplay as Roxas or Nate (the male protagonist of B2W2), but oh well, haha. Back then I only visited to take pictures of the cosplayers, but now I really want to try getting into their shoes. I guess it'll have to wait until the next one comes around.

I've been doing okay, thank you. I'm mostly doing work, but I'm planning to quit the job soon since I don't see any opportunity for growth. In addition, my current job is actually conflicting with my eventual goal, so if I don't make the right step soon, I might be trapped forever in this field with little to no chance of pursuing my dream. If that happened, I'd be filled with regret, I know it. XD

Life's getting pretty rough once you're approaching your mid-twenties. I'm very thankful though that my family and friends are always there to support me. :D
    Although you can get Technician Breloom from Master Spockanort's Safari, I just read that neither Shroomish nor Breloom learn Bullet Seed naturally, so it has to be passed down via breeding. Oh well, here we go, haha.

Anyway, how have you been doing? Has the weekend been great for you? I remember you cosplayed as Ash and your girlfriend as Pikachu, that was really awesome! Man, I'd so love to try cosplaying someday...
    also soz that i gave dragonair a nickname i thought i was going to keep that one but that was the only dragonair i could see in my boxes lol
    Haha, I can see that, yup. Ragequit much? XD

Technician users are devastating, I know. I've been in the receiving end of Tech Scizor's Bullet Punch and that thing hits like a truck. I've been reading, and it looks like Breloom has Technician as a Hidden Ability, so I think I'm going to get myself one, breed it, and slap Bullet Seed on a Sub - Mach/Focus Punch - Spore set. With 25 base power, combined with STAB and Technician, it has a power of 56.25 per hit and it can hit up to 5 times (and Bullet Seed hits at least twice, bringing its minimum power to 112.5 off Breloom's 130 Attack). Imagine the ruin it would bring especially to Jellicent... probably you'd like to try it?

Glad to hear that you've encountered yourself a Shiny! :D I think if you stick around in the Safari, you're bound to encounter some of them rather more frequently. The strangest thing though is that Shinies appear when we're not looking, but when we are, they never show up. -_-
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back