REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Max
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• If you can, go buy Project X Zone 2 in the future. It's dirt cheap now and you learn so much about dormant Sega, Capcom and Bandai Namco franchises. Kazuma and Majima are based off their Dead Souls incarnation too so the combat style is really fitting for them.

I personally never played a Yakuza game before so that's why I'm so intrigued to get myself into Yakuza 0 (as I'm aware it's a prequel from a lore perspective). As far as Kingdom Hearts 2.8 goes, there's no loss in getting it later on so don't feel as though you lost your loyalty to Kingdom Hearts.
    Yeah, funnily enough. I got into Yakuza through Project X Zone 2. It's an ultimate Sega, Capcom and Bandai Namco crossover franchise developed by Monolith Soft (the Xenoblade Chronicles developers). Ever since Sega Sammy existed, Yakuza has been the only consistently successful Sega franchise post Sega Console era (excluding Valkyria Chronicles). It's only fair that status is maintained. Besides, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 will have a price drop in the future so you can have a bargain for it then (that, and the fact that it'll be covered to death regarding theories).
    Have you decided whether to invest into Yakuza 0 or Kingdom Hearts 2.8 yet? Personally, I'd recommend Yakuza 0 because 2.8 is fairly minimal with content in comparison.
    Beat Catherine. Story was great. Gameplay was stupid tough. But I totally knew what she was the whole time! It made too much sense after the first night to me.

Kinda funny having Akihiko talking with Kanji and Yosuke too
    I do accept it in a good way haha, no worries.

Never got American Nightmare, kinda cool it took place near me in Arizona but idk, just never got around to it. Still sad about Alan Wake 2 taking forever: Introducing the Alan Wake 2 you will never play | Polygon check out that link once you finish, can't remember if there are spoilers are not, but I'm assuming yes.

No online for 2. And yes, those were a long pain, I did them originally on 360. I kinda enjoyed though but once it got to the point of just having a group and grinding just to be done with it, it got annoying haha. The PS4 list took them out, got the platinum in less than a day haha. I actually I got each game's platinum in less than a day. Then DLC at a later time. I didn't even need a guide for the original since I played it so much on 360 haha.

Yeah I think I've seen those babel trophies or something are impossibly tough? I'd possibly follow a video guide for the hard mode puzzles if I keep getting stuck. But alright, that sounds like a good idea then without a guide for the first run. I'll just save in certain spots I saw, like day 6 and 9 I think? Should make the endings pretty simple to get after I get my initial one. Just gotta make sure I keep an eye on the other missables like helping your friends and getting all drinks I saw. I'll probably decide on the platinum after I get everything except the hard mode trophies. Either way, I think not using a guide on the first run will make it a more impactful experience for me. Thanks man, I'll let you know when I finish it!
    Finished the BioShock Collection 100% on all three games finally, so getting to Catherine tomorrow! Hype.

Would you suggest playing without a trophy guide the first playthrough? Then playing the second run with a guide? Or just start with the guide right away? I don't know the story spoilers aside from the general ending names, and I don't know if the platinum will be feasible for me or not but I'd still like to get as many trophies as I can.
    Not a problem, been busy as all hell these past couple weeks aside from the sneak in here while procrastinating haha.

And yeah, duh, forgot it came out on PC as well. You'll have to tell me what you think when you finish it, and make sure to do the dlc too!
    Still need to get an Xbone and play Quantum Break, but with the massive wave of games coming out until summer practically I'll probably manage. Scalebound looks amazing too, so I'll probably have one by the time that comes out.
    You really playing Alan Wake? Literally my favorite 360 game next to Gears and BioShock, enjoy it! Still waiting for a sequel after six years ;-;
    It's cool, man. School's started back up for me, so I've been busy. Is everything going all right with your move?
    Yeah, harems and ecchi annoy me. They tend to be comedies, and they're almost never funny. A lot of the jokes are tired or are very contrived. A good romance manga isn't hard to make. A lot of these romance artists are just not very good storytellers. Either that, or they were forced to make romances while they'd rather make something else. I don't know the exact reasons for the lack of quality story-telling other than that works with these cliches go over well with fans, so that shows what I know.

From what I've seen, a romance really works if you have the couple have truly meaningful conversations. Show them being there for each other and proving their mutual respect and loyalty as friends first. After that, allow them to confess without any of the nonsense that usually happens, such as the cat catching their tongue, or ridiculously contrived interruptions or mystifying misunderstandings. All that stuff can ruin an otherwise good series. Kimi ni Todoke is a great example of a great manga turned terrible by having awesome build-up to a pay-off that took forever to happen due to misunderstandings, interruptions and a bunch of other nonsense. By the time the confession did happen, it wasn't worth it.
    Shounen and seinen manga usually do romance a lot better than things like shoujo, and it's for a pretty simple reason, too. Shounen are usually adventure mangas with a focus on action. The romance is delegated to a side-plot, so it's refreshing whenever it comes up. It's hard for it to get stale if it's cleverly parsed out in small intervals over the course of the series, and this works to the benefit of the author as shounen manga is usually long as hell. When a manga focuses entirely on romance, it's really easy to fall into the same cliches and subplots in order to pad out length. There are some really good romance works, though, like Clannad and Kare Kano. I actually think Clannad is the best romance manga/anime because it largely avoids a lot of those boring and tired cliches.
    Beck is pretty sick. I remember listening to Odelay as a kid and just being amazed. I think my favorite Beck record is probably Mutations, with Sea Change and Midnite Vultures being my other top favorites.

Bakuman actually got me into manga. I've only recently started getting back into it after a long absence from it. I don't know why, but I've been heavy into romance manga lately. I think I've read every single one in existence. I also think I know every single cliche that could possibly appear in a romance manga lol. Bakuman's approach to romance is pretty interesting, too. Pretty tongue-and-cheek, but clearly out of love for romance stories and not a hatred for them.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…