• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
kupo1121
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• I was on the verge of freaking out, too. In my wallet that time were some money, a bank card, an ID card, and most importantly an employment chit. Without that, not only I can't work, I would be unable to disembark in Singapore as well. That was a heart-attack moment for me, really...

Yeah, I suppose I'll just visit whatever I can visit, although it also depends on where I will be staying at. If everything's been finalised, I'll inform you again on the dates that I'll be in NYC, but if it's not a good range of date and a meet-up isn't possible, that's perfectly fine. After all, school work is more important since you're a student, haha...

I'm really excited about this trip for many reasons, but nothing can top my anticipation of snow. Being born and raised in a tropical country means I've never seen snow before, but no longer. After 24 years, I will finally be able to see some falling from the sky with my own eyes...

By the way, which version of Pokemon are you playing? If you happen to have X, would you mind if I asked you to trade your Xerneas for a while? I'd like to register it in my Pokedex, and GTS isn't helping since they all are asking for Articuno. -_- I'll return it immediately after confirming that it's been registered.
    Yep, that's what I'm doing xD I have the three legendary birds back in FireRed and have been trading them to Emerald to exploit the cloning glitch to trade to newer games 8D

You'll get Yvetal eventually! <3
    Ah, yeah I have Y xD You probably saw my conversation with Flanix about it.

I stumbled across a players asking for a Moltres in exchange for his Yvetal and ended up trading mine with him and then trading the new Yvetal for a Xerneas D: Thanks for offering though <333333333
    Yeah, you have my support. Go learn and master Japanese so that you can enjoy everything Japan has to offer! Most of them actually do understand English, even the senior citizens, it's just they can only reply in Japanese... I'd say your listening skills will be tested if you do visit Japan, haha.

And yes, I agree about Japan being a safe country. Let me tell you a story...

So when I went there, I was browsing for some souvenir. I found what I wanted, made a payment, and left. On my way back to the bus, I stopped by a snack stall to buy something to munch on, then went on my way.

On the bus I realised that I actually lost my wallet. It must have fallen along the way, so I went back, asked around (with my rather limited knowledge of the language that time), and found nothing. So the tour guide, who fortunately was a local, took me to a police station to file a report. They asked me what colour the wallet was, what was inside, and you know what? When they ran it through the system, they found it. Someone had actually found my wallet and surrendered it to a nearby police post, and it was delivered to me within the next 30 minutes. Just... wow. The scenario would have played differently if I lost my wallet somewhere else...

And those are a lot of things that I can do in NYC! Duly noted, thanks. Even though I can only spend two nights, I'll be sure to visit the Nintendo World and Disney Shop and eat Platters. For Broadway, actually, some of the shows and the crews actually travel around the world, so I think I can live without that. Like, a few years back, Broadway's Phantom of the Opera, Wicked, and The Lion King travelled to Singapore (where I work), and they will return in a few years, so I'll just need to wait.

Four times in a week is... frequent, haha. You're lucky to live by the cultural capital of the world! Considering you live nearby, do tell me if you will visit NYC while I'm there; I can spare some time for a meet-up, if you want and don't mind.
    Haha, yeah, I would gladly ship some over to you without additional costs. Business partnership established! That's if I do net that job though. Believe me, I really, really want it.

The figures that I got in Akihabara were a few that I've posted in my photo thread. I went there not only for the figures, but also to help a friend take pictures of the place. But thanks to going there, I can now commute easily and confidently by train in Japan, because I learned how to operate the ticketing machine. XD Now I can go anywhere I like, haha... it helps that the country has the most extensive network of railways in the world, so much that many areas and cities are all connected.

The tour was sadly a pre-organised one that had been settled back in my hometown, and wasn't a Japanese local tour. However, I bet there are tour- and sightseeing-offering agencies that you can find in Japan itself, and I'd bet my money that they too will keep you occupied with lots of activities. I'm not sure if Disney Resort itself provides internal tour services... it probably does, although I didn't see any of such tour groups back then.

That TV! Wow! I so would consider of purchasing it if I ever come across one! The size makes it ideal for PC monitor, actually, and that's what it would end up as in my possession, haha. Once I get my hands on it, I won't even think of replacing my monitor ever again!

By the way, kupo, where will you be staying in Orlando? I'm researching some affordable lodging alternatives, so I'd like to hear from you who have been there in the past. This is because I know of absolutely no one else living there. And prior to that, I'll be spending 3 days and 2 nights in NYC, so any suggestions from the local? I remember you saying that you live by NYC, haha.
    Whee, that pin sure is adorable! If only I had known... I'm quite a sucker for Stitch, you see. Oh well, that's alright, I guess. Let's just hope I can net that one job in a Japanese company that I've been longing for, and I can buy the pins and have some sent over to you, haha.

If by temperature-controlled you mean air-conditioned, then yeah, I would say that they are. In Disneysea, I didn't see outdoor rides, but that may not be so in the neighbouring Disneyland. Judging from the park grounds map, I believe there are outdoor rides there as well as the indoor ones. Actually, the tour did visit Disneyland the day after Disneysea, but I skipped it and wandered off to Akihabara (not only it's outside the tour itinerary, you have to change railways to go there from Disney Resort) to get myself some action figures. It was a hard choice, but if I hadn't made it, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy a good number of figures that I have now. XD

Oh, if you love the Stitch cap, you would probably love this Stitch cape, too.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
    Oops, sorry, it's not Tokyo Disneyland that I've been to. It's its neighbour, Tokyo Disneysea.

As the name implies, it's a park with water landmarks. Past the main gate, there are some Venice-style canals lined with shops. If you follow the promenade, you'll be taken to a huge square next to an even more enormous central lagoon. In the evening, there will be a water parade show at this lagoon, featuring Disney characters in Disney-themed floats. After nightfall, like 8pm or so, people would flock to the square and watch the amazing fireworks show, but unfortunately it's a weekly event and wasn't held when I was there.

Beyond the lagoon is a replica of a volcanic island whose crater would spew flames once in a while. By the foot of the volcano, on the water, is a derelict ship that you can explore, but I didn't. I think there's a restaurant or some shops inside. On the flank of the volcano, just next to the ship, is a castle, and you can get a very beautiful view of the lagoon and the square from one of the ramparts, especially during sunset. Behind the volcano is where the worlds, rides, and attractions are; there are Triton's Undersea Palace, streets of Agrabah, and even Indiana Jones, just to name a few. It's also easy to commute around because there's a network of railways within the park.

That's Tokyo Disneysea in a nutshell... half of a nutshell, perhaps. Words can't do my experience justice. I took lots of photos around the park and didn't actually try any of the rides, because it was too dang cold at that time of the year and I had to wear a coat (and carry a 20-pound bag of photography equipment; yes, it's that heavy!). I didn't see any lockers there, but even if there were, I doubt my stuff would've fit inside. :p

Really? Then the pins would've net a good reselling price. If I had known that I would've bought some of them, since I went to some shops and all. There are many shops there that sell merchandise stuff and memorabilia items, the biggest being the one just before the exit gate to the train station of Maihama (familiar with the name? Disney Resort's Maihama Amphitheatre?). This one combines everything you can find in the shops of Disneyworld and Disneysea's, and... haha, I bought a very adorable Stitch cap here... I couldn't resist.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
    Ahh, now I just can't wait for the day to come. I wish there were a Disney theme park where I live, but sadly, there isn't any. The closest would be the one in Japan, oh well... at least I've been there.

Thanks a whole bunch, kupo, you've been a great, great help! Do you think there's anything else that I should look forward to in the parks (such as fireworks shows or parades), or something that you'd recommend me to do while I'm in Orlando in general? Hopefully it's not too big an ask for you, because I noticed I've thrown a lot of questions to you but not the other way around, haha... I'm sorry for that.
    I checked the link for some pricing on the multi-day passes, but it seems like the minimum number of days is three. Judging from the prices listed there, I suppose the individual one-day passes are around $150, which is quite hefty, I have to agree. However, currently the plan is to spend two days for Disneyworld, so unless I can talk with my sister or find another site that offers two-day passes, I think I'll have to settle with it.

EDIT: I found out that we can order / reserve park tickets from the main website of Disneyworld itself, and they're actually a notch cheaper (as of now). And there are some lodging options within the complex as well? That'd ease everything up. The campsite in particular appeals to me the most.

So the BOG restaurant is open for lunch, too? That consoles me. I'll see if I can secure a table for dinner, and if I can't, I'll just make sure to be there on time for lunch. And I take comfort in knowing that Big Thunder Mountain isn't the scariest of the bunch; I just hope that I can still handle it, since "not the scariest" doesn't always translate to "not scary". :p

Dang, kupo, you're kind of making me jealous. XD You live in the US, so it shouldn't cost you too much money to visit the place since all you need is a domestic flight, or probably just a car and some gas if you happen to live in Orlando or nearby. It's considerably less of a hassle for you to pay a visit to all those wonderful places than it is for me, haha...
    That photo goes beyond the breadth of my screen. XD

I'm glad that you had a blast on your birthday! And yeah, it's quite a shame that I can't be there at that period of time, because I'm not the one who is calling the shots in this trip. That's alright, my US visa is still in effect until June 2017; there's plenty of time for me (but probably not the money) to come visit again. And this marathon event, is it a periodic event? Like, is it annual, or twice-yearly? Actually, there are a lot of such an event here where I live, but sadly, none of them is related to Disney, haha.

Ah, I didn't know the season pass is that expensive. It's a greater amount than my average monthly expenditure. XD So it's better if I just buy separate tickets at once for each visit to the parks, huh? I'll keep that in mind, thanks. And I doubt that I'd be spending all my days there, since my sister has got her own itineraries. Besides, just like you said, there are other attractions to visit, like Universal Studios. I'm excited to know how different that one will be compared to the ones in Singapore and Osaka, the ones that I have been to.

You know, I just checked the availability of tables for two at that restaurant within my visiting period, but there is absolutely none. Just for fun, I tried booking a table for next May, and it's all fully booked. Now I wonder... those people who have been there, they are a lucky bunch! Have you been there yourself? What kind of food do they serve, and how was it?

The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, it's a rollercoaster, isn't it? I have a very inconvenient fear of heights that prevents me from riding rollercoasters. However, I may just man up and go for since it could very well be the only time for me to try it out. XD
    By the way, I'm quite certain that it's already Thursday where you live. Happy birthday. :)
    Tomorrow's your birthday, huh? Figured as much; your username kind of gave it away. I sure hope it's going to be an enjoyable day for you. :D

Ah, alright, so that's why you think DW is the place to go. It sure is huge, judging from the way you explained it! I'm planning to go to the States to visit my sister, and she suggested that we go to either one of those two places, see. Tentatively, it's going to be in late January, and I'm thinking of staying for probably 4 or 5 days. I'm quite concerned though, since this will be my first time flying great distances all by myself, haha.

And money is something I have to take note of, too. I believe single entry costs quite an amount. If I'm going to experience the fullness of Disneyworld's glory, then it'd be of my best interest to purchase a season pass with which I can enter and exit the park as I like. Oh man, after this trip, I think I really have to live and eat simple, and abstain from even browsing for KH memorabilia... XD
    Out of the stuff that you've listed, I'm eyeing the Dusk plush the most. I just hope it won't run out of stock any time soon, because that'd just suck big time! I've been wanting it since that thread was posted, I've gotten disappointed once, and I sure as heck don't want to be for the second time.

By the way, I hope you don't mind me asking a question... I'm asking this since you said you're an avid Disney fan, haha. So, if I've never been to either Disneyland (in Anaheim) or Disney World (in Orlando), and someone gave me the chance to visit only one of those parks, which one would you suggest I should go to, and why do you think so?
    Haha, I thought it was just courteous to do so.

Anyway, I think I know why you feel The Grid figures look vibrant. It could be due to the high contrast between the dark blue of their outfits and the cyan linings. Not only this combination results in a vibrant, saturated overall tone, it also evokes some kind of a shiny feel to it. It kind of fits with the theme of The Grid, seeing as in that world they do wear those LED clothes and shine out bright. :p

The DDD figures are due for release some time this month, right? If I recall correctly, you pre-ordered them from... what's the site, Amiami? How long does it usually take for your past items to arrive since ordering them?
    Make sure you still have some allowance to spare after paying your more-expensive-than-usual electrical bill for using the filters 24/7, haha. The last thing I want is to have to fork out an absurd number of money because I have like 80 of those huge-watt appliances. XD

I see, so you think the DDD figures aren't vibrant enough, huh? I myself think that they are actually a bit too vibrant for my taste, especially Sora. I don't know, but perhaps it's because he's wearing red all over, and red is one of the most, if not the most, striking colours to human brain, and it came off as slightly too striking for me. Also, Riku's skintone seems a bit too pinkish for my taste, in that it's actually too saturated. Might just be my monitor, though.

Anyway, I figured that we haven't really talked about non-KH stuff, and sorry that I haven't actually greeted you properly. How are you? Hope life's been treating you well.
    That's what I don't like about black-coloured furniture. When dust settles on it, it's very visible, so you need to clean it often. At least with white ones, you don't need to tend to it as regularly. Shame, considering I love the combination of both colours. XD

Speaking of face, I tend to think that among all of the figures of Sora so far, the one that most captures the essence of his personality is the Christmas Town figure. Somehow the expression seems so playful, and I don't see such an expression from other figures. However, from what I've seen in pictures, I think the upcoming DDD figure should be quite good... I wonder if the expression is exactly the same as that of his The Grid figure.
    Ah, then I believe no such thing exists here. Guess I'll just have to save up and go for that other glass cabinet. I bought mine from Ikea (which explains the self-assembly part), and it's like this: http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/72928_PE189178_S5.jpg.

Nah, you don't have to worry about "stirring the pot" with me, haha. The more things you say you have, the more I would like to see them, actually. XD I haven't seen Limit Form Play Arts figure myself, but I believe it indeed is not simply an upscaled version of KH1 Sora figure. I believe it's better than that. What I think could've been better about KH1 Sora figure is the skintone; it's too pale to my liking, so I had to play around with the lighting and white balance from the camera every time I took a shot of it. -_-
    I think I know which kind of case you're referring to. Stackable, huh? I believe I've come across some in the past... but those kinds are quite small. You can use them for Formation Arts, indeed, but the largest I've seen of those is... I think around 10" tall by 4" wide by 4" deep in size. It's neither tall nor deep enough to contain Play Arts figures inside. I don't know if there are larger ones, though; I saw them at an all-two-dollar store here where I live, so I guess there isn't any.

Don't you just love-hate it when you see something you didn't want, then now you do because of they way the owner presented it? It has happened to me several times in the past, too, with Sora's drive forms. I thought base Sora was enough, but I hadn't been so wrong... and I ended up having four of them. Fortunately I've managed to hold back for Limit Form (it's got to be very expensive right now), but who knows? :p
    Well, you're right, but they can't be posed. Haha. One thing that I like from poseable figures is that I can take many photos with just one figure, and it still doesn't seem boring. Not to say that you can't achieve that with fixed-pose figures, but usually it involves shooting them against different backdrops, which is quite a hassle compared to my usual black or white background (to be honest, that black background was actually the screen of my TV set). Although yeah, without a stand, you're pretty much limited to ground actions unless you hang them on a string, while the Formation Arts figures all come in awesome poses and all. Pros and cons, huh?

What kind of cases do you use to house the figures, by the way, and how big? And what kind of plastic wrapping do you use? I'm thinking of buying another glass cabinet, but it's the heavy, self-assembly type and is quite the blow to my wallet, so alternatives seem to be a good idea right now. If your cases are as good as you say they are, they're viable alternatives in my book. I can save money for upcoming figures... or a better lens. Hehe.

You know, in this other forum that I used to frequent (nothing KH-related), there's a thread dedicated for display of owned merchandise. Who knows, probably someone would create such a thread here, and then we can see who's the biggest collector of us all. XD
    Ah, you need to be more adventurous. If you don't pose the Play Arts figures, then they won't be any different from the Formation Arts line. XD And since I photograph them, I need to take them out once in a while. I want to blend them with reality in my photograph, just like that picture of Roxas and Sora at dawn. That's got to be my single favourite photograph so far.

The stands, huh? Actually, SE sells those as part of their Play Arts series, too. I don't have one, but I believe they come in different sizes to accommodate the different girths of the figures. That, or one pack comes with all sizes. I'm thinking to get myself one, because just like what you said, the poses the figures can do are limited. It'd be great to be able to capture them in aerial actions... and I'm already shuddering from imagining it. :p

Why, a dedicated room for KH would be cool, but you need to remember to invite others to go in there to have a look at your collection (and possibly brag about it, haha). It's not an issue for me because instead of putting them all together in a room, I display my figures in a glass cabinet in the living room, so anyone is free to come and see. That also means that I have to clean it often, though, because my apartment unit is located on the 11th floor and the frequent winds bring stupid dust from outside.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back