• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
King Wolfe
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• That depends on the roleplay. Are you referring to my roleplay, or an unrelated roleplay?
    X3 Well, it also helps when (what me and Dream call it anyway) the devouring gets a hold of you. It's basically when a really good book gets a hold of a book worm and runs away with them.

I've got to agree with you on that.
    Hello. I'd imagine a roleplay of this scale is well versed and there is much room to grow. If you're seriously considering it, I would strongly recommend all new new PC/OC's start from the bottom and work their way up. And plot-devices or plot driven NPCs and OC's should be higher for the sake of story and information dispersal. Nonetheless I would consider it.
    Right now, I'm most interested in fantasy/science fiction stories that focus more on character interactions.
    Yeah, that's true.

Finished the first book and started the second one yesterday. It's pretty good so far. Although the movie was blah, it was off of what happened in the book.
    Honestly, the former isn't suited to roleplays. It works for novels, it's what makes A Song of Ice and Fire feel so alive. But I think such details obscure roleplaying to an extent, unless everyone involved, by sheer coincidence, happen to have a convergent vision. More than anything, though, it's the framework that's more important than the details. You can fill a world with details but if there's little overarching in it then it's hard for others to extrapolate beyond there.
    Shades of Blue worked well in terms of fleshing out details because of two things within the wider framework of KHI City: The mechanics and complexities of transposing the Roleplaying Section into Roleplay Town and all the infrastructure and technology necessary to make that happen, and second was that it built upon established relationships and roles in the section, so really half the effort of world-building for Shades of Blue - the relationships and factions - was already in place with the real section, they just had to be jiggled around to fit roleplay town.

In some sense, letting anyone add whatever they want into a grand realistic universe makes it more realistic - after all, reality is a patchwork on so many different levels - but with total freedom for all players involved there's got to be some sacrifice of the creator's tight vision or well-paced and -directed stories.
    Hmm... yeah, it would! :D Sounds totes more intriguing~ May I ask whatcha got planned? I wanna know! ;w; (and sorries for the delayed reply! ;0;)
    You're welcome and thanks.

You're about the Percy Jackson series, I started Lightning Thief today and I'm about half way through it.
    Yeah, or at least that's the last time I wrote a plot. I'm a co-mod for Glimpses of Darkness, Lunarmaster54 is the other and main one.

Why are you nervous?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back