• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Hidden
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• Hope you don't mind me throwing a little gang violence into the backstory/current mix, or that I gave the island a name. Here's hoping some people mention, if not outright bounce off, the gangs idea.
    Oh, lol, it's a reference to an anime series that I really like: Natsume Yuujinchou. I don't know, it just sounds nice to me.
    Glad to know I had that effect. It's unfortunate to see that many people settle right into the common thread of pretty much just saying 'the men did it to keep the women down', when it's more nuanced than that.
    i apologize for stomping on your thread but clearly this forum has no intentions of critically viewing how both genders can contribute to feminism
    Oh no, thankfully a lot of what you said is stuff that's a matter of course, or a statement that I can't comment on or meaningfully rebut (or don't need to).
    Isn't it? I always liked the Eastern/Western Messianic figure, or what I like to call "the Zen Christ". A lot of the themes and functions of the characters within the films are something I'd like to incorporate into my own work someday. Have you read the one for Revolutions?

Mostly through accidental wanderings through the internet, to be honest.
    In that case (if you've watched the movies, or not care for spoilers) then you'll appreciate this and the following piece as well:

The Matrix: Reloaded, Explained

The keen analysis aside, it also effectively explains why I love this film series so much. It's such a great, human, sacred narrative masterfully crafted.
    Sachiko Murata: "The Tao of Islam"

thought you might find this a fascinating read
    It's okay Hidden, and my, that sounds cool! Sign-ups are about to wrap up, when they do, I'll introduce my character and get some info exchanged with you and we are good to go.
    Actually Hidden, take what I said back, you can have the leader position but there's a lot of things we'll need to discuss.
    i like sunny! i think he's a very promising boy, and very talented. <3 i don't spend much time in the writing section on khi, i don't know that anyone could take much advice from me. i really like reading stuff more than taking it upon myself to...create it, you know what i mean? but he's fantastic at it!

the reason i ask is because you seem so knowledgeable on the classics and that sort of thing! and i've checked out a lot of old poetry from the library. :p right now i have most of t.s. eliot's poetry and a copy of the divine comedy that i'm still working my way through.

also. whatever happened to crock? besides what i've heard from mr. t it seems like an old forum legend and i am SO curious :)
    i'm so scared of talking to you. but i want to talk to you. AHH.

hidden do you like poetry
    True enough, but I don't think there's much as secret so much as the idea that there's a secret, hidden from the rest of us. They certainly claim to understand everything about the conspiracy (or everything relevant, anyway).

And is it? I haven't gotten around to watching it. Probably should. I miss Tirion.
    I attribute it to the fact that the world is so complex and convoluted and just downright ugly that some of us try to arrange it in a simple, clean way. Government is evil, people are good. Most people are sheep, we are enlightened. To say otherwise would be to admit that we barely understand 10% of what's going on, or worse, that we have no control over it. Now, if we figured out the Illuminati's game? Then we're in control and we understand.

That, and our endless obsession with finding patterns in randomness. It'll be the death of us.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back