• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recent content by Hamster Lord

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. Hamster Lord

Silent Hill: The Short Message

Silent Hill: The Short Message is a new free-to-play game that launched on the PS5 PlayStation Network about three weeks ago. This is the first new playable Silent Hill game since P.T. back in 2014. It does share some similarities to P.T., being in first person and featuring some looping room...
  2. Hamster Lord

What Final Fantasy game(s) are you currently playing?

Just want to come back to this thread to say I have experienced as much of XV as I had the motivation for. Had some friends over to watch Kingsglaive and Brotherhood. I actually wound up liking them more than I expected. Which leads into my overall disappointment with XV as a whole. There were...
  3. Hamster Lord

Follow up to this post. I finished XII - after about 20 hours of gameplay I realized the game had the 4x speed up feature. That was a blast. XII was really quite excellent and I'm almost bummed I waited this long to play it. I really enjoyed the gambit system and getting a good formula going to...
  4. Hamster Lord

Finished X-2 pretty quickly - with some good garment grid buffs and dresspheres I was able to finish it in about 18 hours. I didn't do a whole lot of side quests. Playing X and X-2 back to back had me a little burned out on Spira by the end of X-2 so I bum rushed it a little. Just started XII...
  5. Hamster Lord

I have committed to playing through the series now and as such I put Crisis Core on hold as I'm saving the original VII and all the compilation games for the very end. My plan is to do the PS2 games, XIII trilogy, XV and XVI, then do IV-IX but saving VII for last. I recently played Final...
  6. Hamster Lord

Final Fantasy Shower Thoughts

I've decided to renew my series playthrough. Originally I had planned to do them in release order but I've decided to skip around. I'm considering doing the PS2 trilogy right now (X, X-2, XII) or maybe doing the XIII trilogy since I never did play Lightning Returns back in the day. Lots to think...
  7. Hamster Lord

I've just started the Crisis Core remake. Back in 2020 I had started playing through the series and quit when I got hardlocked in a dungeon in FFIV. I'm considering starting up again and playing them all but out of order this time. The remake is a lot snappier than the PSP version.
  8. Hamster Lord

Anime/Manga ► Your Top 10 Anime?

1-9. Neon Genesis Evangelion and The End of Evangelion 10. Cowboy Bebop
  9. Hamster Lord

Anime/Manga ► The Anime & Manga Dumping Ground

I just watched Hideaki Anno's His & Her Circumstances (better known as Kare Kano) for the first time. I really enjoyed it and thought the characters were very well written but it was a shame that the show kind of self destructed after episode 18. I know the production troubles they had and all...
  10. Hamster Lord

Do you prefer to own physical or digital version of games?

I don't know how closely this applies to the point you are making in the beginning paragraph but I think the fact that the first 4 Silent Hill games being hopelessly out of print, not really available in digital marketplaces as far as I know (Konami even pulled Silent Hill 1 from the PSOne...
  11. Hamster Lord

THE LAST OF US PART II Backlash

Everyone else has summed up why the controversy happened so I won't get into that but I genuinely feel that if Joel's death hadn't been leaked (as well as playing as Abby) the game would have fared much differently in the court of public opinion. I know several people that were able to avoid any...
  12. Hamster Lord

Square Enix reveals NEO: The World Ends With You underperformed

Capcom used to have this problem - their initial projections for Resident Evil 6 were at least 7 million sold on launch and 5 million for DmC: Devil May Cry, which they later revised to 5 million for RE6 and 2 million for DmC (which didn't even break a million after launch I believe). It is a...
  13. Hamster Lord

TV ► Cowboy Bebop Live action series

Just wanted to come back to this thread to say I'm 4 episodes in and cannot believe how bad it actually is. The sets feel so clean, the way the show was shot looks so cheap, the writing is like a compilation of the most unfunny Marvel quips, and most of all the way they handled Vicious and Julia...
  14. Hamster Lord

TV ► Cowboy Bebop Live action series

The series seems to be getting mostly negative reviews. I haven't liked any of the footage I've seen and I hate how like almost everything else that's been remade these days they do that confrontational/outrage marketing bullshit. Also think it's a shame Netflix picked up the streaming rights...
  15. Hamster Lord

First Game You Ever Played

The first game I ever remember playing was Kingdom Hearts when I was 5. My brother had an N64 so I probably played other games but that's really the first one I can remember.
Back