• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Goldpanner
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• So how long have you studied it for? A.k.a., how old are you? I would say that being immersed in a language is completely different from learning a language from a blackboard. In my personal statement, which I have to write for my university application next year, I talked about how I believe that one can't really learn a language properly until they've been thrown in the deep end, so to speak. Not left completely helpless, but left at a point where it's manditory that they learn the lingo of a country. Like, I could go to Cuba now, and speak the Spanish I've been taught, and people would look at me and think I'm a posh idiot. I think in that manner that learning a dialect is very, very important. All the people in my Spanish class speak with the Spanish accent in which they've been taught, but I choose to use a Latin American accent; in the Spanish accent, Zs and Cs are pronounced as th whereas in the Latin American accent, they're pronounced as s. Ehhh, perhaps I'm not too keen on Spaniards. Or perhaps I'm just really fond of Latin America, I don't know. I can't even remember what I was on about in the first place. D: But yeah. You're lucky to have a translation duty. I really want one but nothing of importance in the French language concerning KH is out there. :/ There was one BBS TGS09 piece on a French site but some other guy translated it. I feel useless. D:

I use paragraphs when I'm writing a lot. :) I always thought Australia had a lot of history. I mean, it's true that all I can really recall are the Aborigines, but Australia, to me, is like... a veiled country, kind of. It's like. I don't know. Well, I know a lot about England what with the monarchy and the Tudors and Victorians, etc. etc., and I know about America with its history, but Australia seems either bland or has a lot of secrets. I'm hoping it's the latter. I don't know why Australians speak English, but I think it's because Australia was invaded/settled by the British? I'm unsure. It's much like how South America was invaded by the Spanish and whatnot, so that's why they speak Spanish. I wouldn't, however, call myself lucky. In all honesty, you're only gonna find history if you look for it. Here, you find history in the form of London with the parliament and palace and dungeons and stuff, and it's expensive. It's pretty much like living anywhere else. But yeah, you'll find confusion in any language. Put it this way: the Spanish have a verb for everything. And I mean everything, and not only do they make verbs reflexive and completely change the meaning, a minor spelling change to a verb changes its definition completely. :/

I know that Taiwan speaks a variation of Mandarin. I think so, any way. I learned that much from watching Devil Beside You and asking the Chinese man across the road about Taiwan and its language. Japan has a lot of Chinese roots, so I guess why they're similar. My Japanese friend says he can kind of read Chinese except it's like being dyslexic or something. So I guess not knowing all the Chinese/Japanese characters is kind of like us not knowing every single word in the English language? I mean, there's about 180,000 words in use and around 50,000 obsolete words, according to WikiAnswers. So, yeah. I guess learning English in that respect is much more difficult than it is to learn Chinese/Japanese. :/ In some ways I think they have it easy.
    Weird, I'm positive I read that interview a few days ago, but I'm unable to find it, so I'll re-open the thread. Sorry.

I see all of the hard work you do on Heartstation, and I appreciate that.
    Australia and England are quite similar in terms of dialect, so I can understand that. I was born near Bois de Vincennes, which is a part of Vincennes, which is a part of Paris. When I was one year of age, my parents and I moved here to England, so I've spent 17 years speaking French and 16 years speaking English; also, one year speaking Spanish and about a month speaking Italian. I learn pretty fast, but that's probably because I study all Romance languages. French is also spoken in about half of Africa, and then a lot of African languages are derived from French so I can tell what they're talking about on a moderate level. I went to a careers with languages convention last week and there were two freelance translator-interpreters there, and they gave a really good vibe to the job. I'd like to be a freelance translator-interpreter, it sounds pretty cool and the prospects are amazing. That way you can choose who you want to work for, and they also fly you out all over the world to interpret(sp?) meetings, etc. etc. I didn't know that about Japanese. :/ Two tenses? The present and... the preterite? In French/Spanish/Italian there's all the tenses we have in English, so I understand when you say it's complicated. Once you remember them, it's a great sensation of accomplishment. Do you actually study Japanese? Or do you just know a few facts about it? I mean, the language looks like any other but to me it seems that the culture, being polite and all, puts up those difficulties. But really? The Japanese will give anyone who speaks English a job or so I've heard. The hard part, for me, about studying Asian languages would be all the characters that one must remember. Apparently there's over 2000. :/ I type a lot.
    Where abouts are you from? England? I presume this since you said 'uni' but I could be wrong. Yeeeah, I'm kinda on the path to having a career in languages, but knowing exactly what I wanna do is hard. I'm thinking interpretation but I'm not 100% on that. As for French. Well, I've grown up with it, so I couldn't say. I do, however, find it amusing that you say French grammar is hard when you're learning Japanese.
    I'm female. How about that. French is my native language, followed by English, Spanish and Italian. I'm studying French, Spanish and Italian at college, thinking about taking Urdu or Mandarin/Cantonese classes and considering teaching myself German.
    Yeah, I'm actually glad someone picked up on what I said.

Don't have to get my permission to use that.
    Yeah. Replicas seem like they have a lot of room to broaden into as well, otherwise it is highly doubtful they would even have came up with Days (even if it was for fanservice too).
    But there may possibly be a link to BBS, especially with who Xion is and everything. It may not just be limited to one game. And who knows how many more of her types are out there, they may make a comeback in KH3? I dunno, just broadening my views.
    But many people dislike Xion. Sigh. I suppose that the saying "different strokes for different folks" holds true.
    I really really really hope that the fact that I am a fanboy never leaks out of this forum. XD
    haa thanks! i made it myself! it's so fun! but it's frustrating cuz when i crop, i forget to save the cropping, and end up saving it w/o saving cropping first and then i have to redo the cropping. lol. cropping.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back