• We have brought back Future of KINGDOM HEARTS as our main Kingdom Hearts section. Discuss any projects including Phase 2 developments, the rumored Disney Plus series, all TWEWY-related news, theories about the future of Kingdom Hearts, and any general topics in this section. For anything related to Kingdom Hearts Memory of Melody, please discuss it in the KINGDOM HEARTS Memory of Melody section.
  • Although unrelated to Kingdom Hearts, we are aware that there might be fans of The Last of Us on our forums. We ask that you please keep all spoilers for The Last of Us 2 spoiler-tagged. Any untagged spoilers will result in a temporary ban from the site.

Recent content by darknessofheart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. D

Unpopular Xehanort opinion

I think where Lloyd particularly killed it was in his battles growls. They were savage and so unexpected. It was a perfect representation of the absolute madness under this unassuming old man. I also think his final line was a perfect send off: "This was not what was written."
  2. D

(SPOILERS) Union X: Breath of Darkness

The other interesting aspect to these characters is many of them wouldn't exist without Xehanort and his various forms or wouldn't even know how to use the Keyblade. Perhaps that's what MoM wanted Xehanort to do. Draw out the next generation of Keyblade wielders so he can then attempt to...
  3. D

Great points. I think there's more to MoM other than being a complete psychopath, but I agree he is going to the extremes for a misguided goal when a mindset of Sora or Riku is the proper way of thinking. One of my main issues recently with the overall narrative of Kingdom Hearts is that the...
  4. D

Wow, this update almost had the MoM's entire motivation laid out. Assuming he is telling the truth, his true goal is to destroy the darkness once and for all, or at least the most destructive force of it, but it will take lifetimes and much preparation. Probably needs exceptional guardians of...
  5. D

News ► Tetsuya Nomura teases final trailer for Melody of Memory

Kairi shipping Riku and Mickey lol In all seriousness, art looks awesome as usual
  6. D

Are Xehaqus a couple

I honestly don't think any of the KH characters have any concept of romance. Sora's mother and father probably never gave him "the talk" which I like to think they were planning on doing over that dinner
  7. D

Woody's an asshole

Young Xehanort was still a massive asshole.
  8. D

Thoughts on Dark Road (NO SPOILERS)

I really hope they flesh out the students' relationship with Odin more because his introduction just made it seem like he gave them a mission with limited information; it seemed pretty reckless unless it's part of something larger which is probably the case in typical KH lore. I also like...
  9. D

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Dark Road launches on June 22nd!

It's a shame some of this backstory couldn't be revealed throughout the series prior to KH3. The ending of KH3 with Xehanort and Eraqus already feels more earned.
  10. D

How do you want Kairi's part to be integrated in the game

The only thing I truly care about is that Kairi's backstory is handled and told well, even if it's just reserved for cutscenes and no gameplay. Based on the small snippets in the trailer, it looks like that might be the case. That small scene in the trailer of a four-year-old girl running for...
  11. D

What songs do you want to see in Melody of Memory?

This would never, ever happen, but it would be awesome if the final stage is a preview of the next song to officially commence the new saga.
  12. D

Kairi should have been the star of the Kingdom Hearts franchise!

It is funny that in one DLC and a trailer alone, we are already seeing more personality in Kairi than what we've seen of her for the entire series. Not surprising given her limited screentime overall, but I like they are giving her some edge. Add in some remembered tragedy and I think she can...
  13. D

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

Also, I think this further confirms just how much Nomura loves Xehanort as a character. With Dark Road and now MoM, the series is still largely revolving around Xehanort even though he's finally gone. I'm all for that as long as it doesn't lead into some contrived way of bringing him back yet...
  14. D

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory game announced, releasing worldwide in 2020

Hopefully, this is just a preview of what's to come later on in the series. It seems Nomura certainly got the message from fans that they want and expect Kairi to be a real active part of the action as a fighter. Apparently, he didn't get that message in time for KH3, but it looks like he's...
  15. D

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Given that this would be the first time she saw him again since her abduction, that scene suddenly has an additional layer of disturbing context. After seeing further translated trailers, I'm more convinced the figure is apprentice Xehanort. I don't know who...