• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recent content by darknessofheart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
  1. D

Can we talk about how atrocious the Remind Limit Cut voice acting is?

Honestly, with some of the lines in the script, I'm trying to picture any voice actor doing it justice. "But if we still remember him, then he must still be with us." I understand this is a video game, but having a voice actor try to put those lines together in a believable fashion seems like a...
  2. D

Dark Road ► Dark Road Finale Megathread

Pretty much exactly what Oracle Spockanort said. I think the whole child of destiny is pretty much keeping in line with Sora and Riku's heroics throughout the entire series, just with another layer added on. Riku was meant to inherit the Keyblade and was viewed as the traditional hero. He...
  3. D

Upon re-watching the previous cutscenes, one thing I noticed was that Bragi was always quick to always ask Xehanort for his opinion or advice during most situations. Towards the end, it even seemed like he had a respect for how quick Xehanort was to pick up on details. Nice touch and was cool...
  4. D

Something I forgot to mention in my initial post, I wished we got clarification on a few aspects: When does Xehanort actually time travel? The implication is it's around the period he was touring the worlds, but having a scene where he meets his heartless again would've been cool. What...
  5. D

I actually read the translated interview with Nomura and he seems to imply it's unlikely that we'll see the upperclassmen in future installments. I would take that with a grain of salt given how much Nomura changes his mind. But it seems his plans for KHIV, as of right now anyway, do not include...
  6. D

Overall, I really enjoyed the story. The banter between Xehanort and MoM was hilarious and easily one my favorite scenes. Xehanort thinking MoM was some sleazy salesman looking to sell him a coat lol. Xehanort's responses felt really genuine and actually made him more relatable than Sora...
  7. D

Dark Road final update releases on August 26

In a way, this is the perfect game/story to truly conclude the Dark Seeker Saga and Xehanort's character. I'm really interested to see how much they cover in Birth by Sleep. I would specifically be interested to see if they include how Xehanort and Braig really met.
  8. D

Spoilers ► Regarding the sequel baiting arguement

This right here is exactly why I was so disappointed by the secret ending of KHIII. The whole movie seemed to have been a "Look how amazing and lifelike these graphics are" when they were pretty par the course for many games. KHI and II's secret endings had amazing graphics as well, but they...
  9. D

How are you feeling about the future of KH?

Yeah, Union X in the last 18 months specifically finally began connecting everything together, from MoM's origins and motives, to the nature of the machine (the Ark) from KH1, and set a clear path to the next saga. If the final conversation between Luxu and the MoM is of any indication of the...
  10. D

I just hope they don't suddenly give Xehanort some crazy redemption arc. He was a bad guy. Not pure evil: he was born from tragedy and there may have been other forces at work like darkness, but he still made his own decisions to destroy countless lives and cause over a decades worth of...
  11. D

I think Nomura having more of the long-term story planned out (hopefully) will help immensely. The main problem I had with KH3 is that there was so much story baggage that it made it impossible for that game to neatly tie up everything. It wasn't until MOM's release that I felt proper closure...
  12. D

KHUX ► The Book of Prophecies

The secret reports by Luxu in KH3 mention that the Keyblade War occurred just as detailed on the lost page, so the X war was chronicled on that page along with information on the traitor. The war on the last page was referring to KH3 but Sora managed to revert the prophecy by going back in time.
  13. D

KHUX ► The Book of Prophecies

Yeah, it was actually confirmed in MoM during Kairi's narration that the keyblade war in KH3 was what the prophecy referred to. The war in X was recorded on the lost page so only Luxu and Gula knew. The Master of Masters strategically wrote only certain events in the book from what he could see...
  14. D

The Concept of Death in Phase 2

I wouldn't really consider those as examples of the series actively exploring the concept of death. Those were storylines in established Disney properties with Square Enix essentially loosely going through the plot. Hades is a comical and over-the-top villain, so I don't consider him really...
  15. D

The Concept of Death in Phase 2

The concept of death in the Kingdom Hearts series wasn't too prevalent in much of phase 1; it was largely about people losing their forms/being forgotten, only for their hearts to migrate to others or get reconstituted at a later point in time. One could make the argument that many were killed...
Back