• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the Unversed...(Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Does anyone else think it's weird that the cornerstone doesn't keep out the Unversed the same way it does the Heartless, what are your thoughts?

Chie

Awards
Have they ever been mentioned in the same game

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Probably a plot hole. Or Vanitas is just stronger than Maleficent / the Heartless and the Cornerstone doesn't mean shit to him.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Have they ever been mentioned in the same game
Not the same game, but the same game series, with the same continuity, but it seems to be a continuity error, which seems to be common, because Donald and Goofy act like they've never been to the mysterious (I think I spelled that wrong) tower, and never met Yen Sid before KH2, and they said his magisty (I don't think I spelled that right either.) banished Pete, not her magisty, and that's all it is, a continuity error, doesn't mean we can't have fun speculating it though.
Probably a plot hole. Or Vanitas is just stronger than Maleficent / the Heartless and the Cornerstone doesn't mean shit to him.
That's not possible, I mean the plot hole thing definetly is, but Minnie said in KH2 that their world has always been kept safe because of the cornerstone keeping out those with evil intent, that is why I think it could be a plot hole, but it's fun to speculate.

Chie

Awards
To be clear, is the question here about the Unversed being in Disney Town?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Probably just a plot hole. It helps that Disney Town is just a mini game world.
Not the same game, but the same game series, with the same continuity, but it seems to be a continuity error, which seems to be common, because Donald and Goofy act like they've never been to the mysterious (I think I spelled that wrong) tower, and never met Yen Sid before KH2, and they said his magisty (I don't think I spelled that right either.) banished Pete, not her magisty, and that's all it is, a continuity error, doesn't mean we can't have fun speculating it though.

That's not possible, I mean the plot hole thing definetly is, but Minnie said in KH2 that their world has always been kept safe because of the cornerstone keeping out those with evil intent, that is why I think it could be a plot hole, but it's fun to speculate.
It is possible to overcome the cornerstone with a stronger darkness. That's how Maleficent was able to bypass it in DDD thanks to the return of Master Xehanort.

Last edited:

vaderskywalker

Awards
To be clear, is the question here about the Unversed being in Disney Town?
Yes.
Probably just a plot hole. It helps that Disney Town is just a mini game world.

It is possible to overcome the cornerstone with a stronger darkness. That's how Maleficent was able to bypass it in DDD thanks to the return of Master Xehanort.
Or the developers forgot that the cornerstone existed after KH2, which is likely.

Soldier

Awards
I think we need to rethink this.
To be clear the cornerstone protects Disney Castle from dark forces and those that embody darkness heavily, like Maleficent. Disney TOWN still has to contend with heartless and nobodies (most likely, though we haven't been to the town since BBS) on a daily basis. The Cornerstone of light, for all intents and purposes, is basically a home security system for THE CASTLE.

The only reason why Maleficent was able to appear in the castle in KH 3D is because of Xehanort's return bringing about more darkness in the realm of light (as surmised by Yen Sid). Without that, she's barred from entering the place.

This also explains why Disney Town has unversed running amok, it's not protected by the cornerstone, the CASTLE is.

Chie

Awards
Yes, I was confused because I don't think it has anything to do with anything in BBS, or any other game Vanitas appears in.

The Cornerstone is present in Timeless River, but only because the Castle hasn't been built yet.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Yes, I was confused because I don't think it has anything to do with anything in BBS, or any other game Vanitas appears in.

The Cornerstone is present in Timeless River, but only because the Castle hasn't been built yet.
There might be a reason it didn't work back then, Maleficent said something along the lines of its power still being contained back then, so by the time of KH2, the resident's had probably been able to harness its
power, but that still doesn't explain why the Unversed weren't being kept out, I mean, they are beings of darkness Afterall.
To be clear the cornerstone protects Disney Castle from dark forces and those that embody darkness heavily, like Maleficent.
Yes, I was thinking that too, but the more I think about it, that doesn't make sense either, I mean, why would it be set up to only protect the castle and not the whole world, Mickey is not just going to leave his world to suffer while his castle remains safe, and if it ever gets revealed that, that is the case, then I would have lost all respect for Mickey, at that point I think the better option would be that it was forgotten about by the developers, because that would be so out of character for Mickey. (And by extension the rest of the Disney castle resident's.)

Chie

Awards
The characters explicitly say it protects the Castle.

Also you have no idea how it works because it's a magical artifact they made up in a fictional setting, why would you make the crazy assumption that Mickey can somehow "set" it to work differently

vaderskywalker

Awards
The characters explicitly say it protects the Castle.

Also you have no idea how it works because it's a magical artifact they made up in a fictional setting, why would you make the crazy assumption that Mickey can somehow "set" it to work differently
Yeah, I feel like "castle" can be interpeptide (Really, don't think I spelled that right.) as the world itself, not just the location, and your right, we don't know how it works, I'm going off very limited info, but the way the characters talk about it, makes it sound like it's supposed to protect the world itself, and it was somehow dormant in Timeless River, and it somehow "woke up", and started protecting the world, really hope they bring it back at some point, and expand on it, in the same way they expanded on the keyblade and Kingdom Hearts,(the unseen land), but I'm not holding breath.

Soldier

Awards
Put it this way, if Joe Biden has a state of the art security system in the White House, does that mean it works on the entire U.S?

No, because it's a security system IN the white house, and it protects the White House.

It's limited range is clearly demonstrated in Timeless river, where the hill it sits upon is a designated safe zone, whereas every other area is crawling with heartless to rival that of Captain Hook's ship.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Put it this way, if Joe Biden has a state of the art security system in the White House, does that mean it works on the entire U.S?

No, because it's a security system IN the white house, and it protects the White House.

It's limited range is clearly demonstrated in Timeless river, where the hill it sits upon is a designated safe zone, whereas every other area is crawling with heartless to rival that of Captain Hook's ship.
Except, you can see the Heartless near the stone itself in the flashback of that tv with a curtain attached, of Sora, Donald, and Goofy coming through the time door, and if it was only the castle being protected, it would mean that the rest of the world is unprotected, and there's no keyblade wielder to protect the rest of the world, because the resident keyblade wielder is off trying to save the rest of the multiverse, and the only other available Candidate is trying to do the same thing, which is noble, but it means that Disney town has a heartless infestation, and no one's dealing with it, Unless Mickey had an apprentice or two off screen, (Which just raises the question of why they weren't candidates for the Guardians of Light.), or Oswald has his own keyblade and lives there,(Same problem), then I just don't see how the world is being protected, if not by the stone, (Again, really hoping they expand on it in a later game, but like I said, not holding my breath.) or, and this part is really unlikely, all the residents were evacuated to the castle itself, and I don't see how the entire population could fit in one castle.

Chie

Awards
then I just don't see how the world is being protected, if not by the stone,
Most worlds in the series are not automatically protected. That's why the player characters exist, to deal with these issues.

Back