• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy remake ideas... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
What if more Final Fantasy games got remakes similar to FF7?, obviously not all of them because some of them have been remastered, and look good the way they are, but there are some like Final Fantasy 1 that could benefit from a remake, Please note that I have only played a few Final Fantasy games, FF7 remake, 13-2 demo, Dissidia, and the original FF7, and plan to play the rest, somehow, someway at some point, in their original forms or at the very least remaster's if they even get around to that, and yes, I know about 10 and 10-2 remastered, and I'll be playing those too at some point, so, what are your thoughts, and what Final Fantasy game would you want to see remade for modern systems?

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd love a FF8 remake.

They should have some version of social links in a potential FF8R. Squall's arc is to go from a loner to a leader so a social link system is a good way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Give me a V remake. The secret best FF always needs more love!

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd remake this fighting game spinoff as an FF7 spinoff.

It could be set after 7 like P4 Arena Ultimax.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Of course IX getting a remake will always be my first desire, but I'd love one for VIII, too. I'd be open to any for the pre-VII games as well. I wouldn't even mind one for X either, tbh, in 5-10 years. Its graphics / movements are probably the most dated and stiff of the games since they started featuring voice acting.

Also, I just wanted to channel my excitement somewhere about finally stumbling on a PS5 in store earlier this week (after two years)!!! And just in time for FFXVI! :D Can't wait.

Last edited:

vaderskywalker

Awards
Also, I just wanted to channel my excitement somewhere about finally stumbling on a PS5 in store earlier this week (after two years)!!! And just in time for FFXVI! :D Can't wait.
I'm Happy for you, those things are still hard to get, but not as hard as it was in 2020, I hope your enjoying it. :)

I'd remake this fighting game spinoff as an FF7 spinoff.

It could be set after 7 like P4 Arena Ultimax.
What kind of Final Fantasy game is that? I don't think I ever heard of it.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm Happy for you, those things are still hard to get, but not as hard as it was in 2020, I hope your enjoying it. :)

What kind of Final Fantasy game is that? I don't think I ever heard of it.
It's not a FF game but it had FF characters as guest stars.

So remaking it as a FF7 spinoff felt like a fun idea.

vaderskywalker

Awards
It's not a FF game but it had FF characters as guest stars.

So remaking it as a FF7 spinoff felt like a fun idea.
Oh, well I can definitely see the potential, and I just saw a gameplay video of it, looks cool.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I think an FF6 remake akin to the DS versions of 3 & 4 is needed at this point.

D

Deleted member 246005

Oh, well I can definitely see the potential, and I just saw a gameplay video of it, looks cool.
The FF7 cast are guest characters so you could retool the plot around them.

You could use it as a potential Tifa or Yuffie spinoff like how Dirge of Cerberus was centered on Vincent.

There's also Sephiroth but that could work as a prequel to the series. He had a public record of being a legendary hero. So this could be one of his previous adventures.

Back