• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About Vivi...(Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Has anyone noticed that Vivi looks kind of like a Heartless? And yes, I'm aware that Vivi is from Final Fantasy, and came first, but it is weird that the heartless look like the character, like they were designed after Vivi, what are your thoughts?

Chie

Awards
Heartless were designed after Black Mages in general, which have been around since FF1. This is particularly evident with the mage heartless (Yellow Opera etc.)

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Not trying to be rude, but what's with these threads lately being about topics that could easily be applied to KH Shower Thoughts? I mean, oh well.

Pretty much what Chie said. Black Mages were around since FF1, and Vivi himself is a homage to original black mages, and then the Heartless were designed after Black Mages in general.

D

Deleted member 246005

Vivi was from FF9 so his design predated the Heartless. I don't know if Nomura was influenced by Vivi when designing the Heartless concept.

A cool storyarc idea would be people mistrusting Vivi because they think he is a Heartless. You could have Seifer and the other two defend him and that's why they became friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

vaderskywalker

Awards
Not trying to be rude, but what's with these threads lately being about topics that could easily be applied to KH Shower Thoughts? I mean, oh well.
Well, I'm not really thinking about these things in the shower.
Vivi was from FF9 so his design predated the Heartless. I don't know if Nomura was influenced by Vivi when designing the Heartless concept.
I knew that already, just didn't know which Final Fantasy he was from, still new to the series, and I thought I saw him in a clip for Final Fantasy: pixel remaster.

D

Deleted member 246005

Well, I'm not really thinking about these things in the shower.

I knew that already, just didn't know which Final Fantasy he was from, still new to the series, and I thought I saw him in a clip for Final Fantasy: pixel remaster.
Shower thoughts isn't meant to be literal. It just means "random thoughts".

KH became my intro to FF too. I'm hoping to play FF8 remastered later this year.

Tieing Vivi to the Heartless would be interesting. He could be a reformed Heartless or just someone who looks like a Heartless. Either option would be interesting.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Shower thoughts isn't meant to be literal. It just means "random thoughts".
Oh.
Tieing Vivi to the Heartless would be interesting. He could be a reformed Heartless or just someone who looks like a Heartless. Either option would be interesting.
How would that work though? the Heartless are said to be mindless, and run only on instinct, and Vivi is intelligent.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
How would that work though, the Heartless are said to be mindless, and run only on instinct, and Vivi is intelligent.
In Final Fantasy IX, the black mages were mindless creations until they eventually gained sentience. Rodin's idea isn't too far off.

vaderskywalker

Awards
In Final Fantasy IX, the black mages were mindless creations until they eventually gained sentience. Rodin's idea isn't too far off.
Oh, then maybe they could be worked into the series as an origin for the natural Heartless, like how they existed long before the artificial Heartless, that would be interesting.

D

Deleted member 246005

Oh.

How would that work though? the Heartless are said to be mindless, and run only on instinct, and Vivi is intelligent.
In 2, Mickey says Darkness isn't scary on its own during the end scene with Xemnas. And the nobodies grow hearts of their own in DDD plus the Unversed are Vanitas's stray emotions run amok. So a Heartless doing the same isn't out of the realm of possibility.

@BufferAqua beat me to it but that's what I was going for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
BufferAqua's right, you have to be more discerning with what you post.

I understand that there aren't as many people making topics here as in the olden days. The age of forums has mostly passed. However, when new people do come (or older ones return) and see that sections are mostly inundated with topics by the same person, it doesn't create a welcoming atmosphere.

There's no harm in discussing any of the things you do, but most fun or silly ones are best saved for the shower thoughts topic.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I did find it kind of amusing that Nomura put Vivi in Twilight Town of all places when he looks out of place compared to the people living there.

If he and Seifer's gang did appear in KH3 it would have been funny if Sora or another character pointed out the similarities between him and the Heartless.

WaltK

Awards
I did find it kind of amusing that Nomura put Vivi in Twilight Town of all places when he looks out of place compared to the people living there.
It can't be that unusual for the town considering at least one Moogle also operates one of the shops.

EDIT: also are you telling me the only reason these threads exist is because you've been taking the phrase "shower thought" literally all this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back