• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SE reveals new KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link information

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Wished they'd put this kind of effort & budget into a Switch KH game. Man, forget speculating on UX/DR getting console ports, How the hell would a port of ML even work when it's inevitably shuts down?

Muke

whatever
Awards
What makes me desperately want to play this game is the character customization. I already loved it in UX, and seeing/reading that it's extremely detailed in this game make me very happy. I'm a sucker for character creators. The geo-location stuff, I'm not really fond of. Will definitely be using the pad movements. I just wonder, if they're already giving us the option between irl geo location, and simple in-game controls for movement... why not just give us the option to disable geo-location altogether? Just create basic maps or create a map randomizer, and tha should do the job, no?

Chie

Awards
I just wonder, if they're already giving us the option between irl geo location, and simple in-game controls for movement... why not just give us the option to disable geo-location altogether? Just create basic maps or create a map randomizer, and tha should do the job, no?
When it was announced Nomura said "its a geo location game, but i hate that so i made it so you dont have to do that at all actually". The answer is probably Square Enix wanted geo location because this game exists to entrap people into becoming microtransaction whales and geo location did well to spread Pokemon Go. The reason it's optional at all is simply Nomura's preference, which is the absolute most he's allowed to meddle with it.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Latest news seems to be that for the prototype, they implemented 70% of the game’s functions, 50% of its UI, and none of its story. Also Nomura is an Android user. From the sounds of it, there’s probably a proper closed beta still coming that will include both iOS and Android.

Also, they really gotta do something about the fact that they’re still using the Dark Road Twitter account, lol

EDIT: It’s not super clear here whether he’s talking about development overall, or the prototype specifically (re: percentages), I’m seeing mixed interpretations. My impression is it just means what’s been implemented in the prototype, not necessarily what’s been developed. Really frustrating that these dev updates are for a Japanese audience only, leads to all manner of misinterpretation and mixed messaging.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
So overall, does it seem promising? I think it does. Way better than X, as this one keeps up in term of graphics.

andreverts

Awards
It looks promising, especially the combat system is apparently a lot of fun; my biggest fear is that the release of the game may be in 2024 considering the current state (70% functions, 50% UI and 0% story)

blank points

Awards
It looks promising, especially the combat system is apparently a lot of fun; my biggest fear is that the release of the game may be in 2024 considering the current state (70% functions, 50% UI and 0% story)
I think that was a mistranslation. The percentages you mentioned were meant to be referring to what they put in the actual prototype test, not the actual state of development. I don't think the game is that far out.

the red monster

Awards
0% story should make you realize this is was just for test and not actual state of the game.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Yeah, that only pertained to what was in the test, it has nothing to do with development.

Y'all need to stop listening to translators if they're not Goldpanner.

blank points

Awards
Oh wow, that does look really good. I have to agree with Chaser, I almost wish they did make this a proper console game, as it looks like it honestly could be one. Still, very impressive for a mobile game. Really hope this one is more easily playable than UX was.

2 quid is good

Awards
Tfw a mobile game does a Dive to the Heart pillar better than a console game

Off-topic: when did Americans bring the word mobile to refer to phones into their vernacular? As far as I'm aware, you guys use cell and we use mobile. Language is so interesting

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Tfw a mobile game does a Dive to the Heart pillar better than a console game

Off-topic: when did Americans bring the word mobile to refer to phones into their vernacular? As far as I'm aware, you guys use cell and we use mobile. Language is so interesting

We rarely use mobile to refer to phones and more often use it as a genre signifier. "Cell game" doesn't sound good. We often refer to mobile games as "phone games" though

PikaPal

Awards
Honestly quite crazy to see how far the KH mobile games have come in the visual department.

Back