• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Let's talk PS5, folks.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
So okay my brother (Not his real name; I'm just using one of his online handles) Shadowneko got his paws on a PS5 yesterday and is sharing it with me. I was wondering what games other than ps4 ones (I'm sharing my library with him OF COURSE; he left the console in the living room!) and the upcoming FF game might be worth looking out for or telling 'Neko to look out for.

Oh and btw, KH doesn't count either; I am assuming really hard that KH4 will be PS5. Nomura proly will be drawn to the new hardware like a moth to a light, you know him. ^^

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Not really that many big exclusives so far as most games are crossgen. But I imagine that'll change in 2023 with the PS4's life support finally getting unplugged.

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart is the biggest current gen exclusive I can think of at the moment. I also suggest not missing out on Astro's Playroom, the free pack-in game. It's pure happiness in video game form.

Soldier

Awards
So okay my brother (Not his real name; I'm just using one of his online handles) Shadowneko got his paws on a PS5 yesterday and is sharing it with me. I was wondering what games other than ps4 ones (I'm sharing my library with him OF COURSE; he left the console in the living room!) and the upcoming FF game might be worth looking out for or telling 'Neko to look out for.

Oh and btw, KH doesn't count either; I am assuming really hard that KH4 will be PS5. Nomura proly will be drawn to the new hardware like a moth to a light, you know him. ^^
Aw man, and we JUST got KH 3 and MoM on PS4, it took them forever to program everything up to UE4. Now we've gotta wait 13 more years for KH 4, again.....

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Solider; I don't think it'll take that long lol. KH4 is UE5 already according to reports, so at BEST it'll be dual PS4/PS5. But you know Nomura; shiny shiny new hardware = POUNCE! He loves shiny new hardware. And the PS5 has been out for a while, it just has been kinda slow going getting it into the hands of actual players due to supply issues, which is why there's not a lot of exclusives yet. Well, unless you wanted to pay scalpers way too much, ughhh..

And to be honest, if 'Neko hadn't wanted Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart REALLY REALLY bad, I would of waited another year or two to get me a ps5..until there were more games than PS4 games. Didn't think it was worth it at the present time. But it's here and sitting on the well, cabinet the living room TV is on, so I'd rather take advantage and save up for the next FF game, which is a PS5 exclusive. ^^

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Aside from KH4, the only game I really want on PS5 is Spiderman 2. I think that comes out this year, so you can probably get that.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Oh right, I got Street Fighter 6 & RE4 Remake on my watchlist.

AegisXIII

Awards
PS5 is gonna shine starting from this year as devs are gonna drop PS4 support.
KH4, FF16, FF7Rebirth, Fospoken, Spider-Man2, the next Naughty Dogs game... all of these will be PS5 exclusive. There has never be a better time to buy the PS5.
Also, I am pretty sure there is no way KH4 is going to run on PS4. KH4 uses unreal engine 5, which means Naninte and Lumen. Nanite relies heavily on SSD to load thousands of assets simultaneously and drop the loading screens forever, while Lumen requires a very powerful graphics card.

NoWay

Awards
I really liked playing PS4 games with their next gen upgrades. Was definitely a new and great experience.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
As for me, since we don't have enough storage on the console for me to drag out my full ps4 library, I chose World of Final Fantasy, the Ratchet and Clank remake, I am Setsuna, and FFXIV to install on our PS5 console right now. Of those, XIV is the only one with a free upgrade. (I was trying to pick games I thought 'Neko would like too since if they're on the console, even if they're not on his id, I know from PS3 that if you do that you can share them along with DLC, tho DLC can be iffy and depends on the game. Some of those I got for free during the pandemic btw.)

I'll get the rest once Neko installs the extra drive into the console. ^^ And yeah, now FF16 is on my radar, I was going to wait..

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm on the move to get one now. I'm kinda surprised at myself for not jumping on the stock when they were here for the holidays. I think there are enough games for myself to justify the purchase.

Edit: you can buy direct from PlayStation. I just did an hour ago. Let’s goooooo

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm honestly a little disappointed in my PS5. It's nothing particularly wrong with the console, but it just kinda sucks knowing more than half of what I played on it was also available on PS4.

Other than Astro's Playroom, I think God of War Ragnarok and Demon's Souls are the only actual PS5 console exclusives I've played on it. The other PS5 games I played on it were Spider-Man Remastered, Miles Morales, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut, Death Stranding Director's Cut, Spirit of the North, Bugsnax, and Alan Wake Remastered. There might be a couple more, but all of these aside from the first three I named were also available on last gen (and most of those even I had already played last gen, so this didn't even get to be my first experience with them).

I got a Steam Deck this past summer, which has QUICKLY became my and my wife's favorite gaming device. Anything we can play on there, we do now. I've actually considered getting rid of the PS5, but what stops me is knowing there are still a handful of exclusives, timed or otherwise, that I know I'll want to play on it, so now it's just a machine waiting for it's next exclusive lol.

So God of War Ragnarok is definitely a great PS5 exclusive. I didn't like it as much as God of War 2018, but I still recommend it. I'm looking forward to Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine on PS5, as well as Final Fantasy 16 and Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth. If there are any other exclusives I'm waiting for, well, then I forget right now lol. But these are big enough for me to want to keep hold of my PS5 for now.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
KH4 hasn't been confirmed for any console, technically.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Yeah, it hasn't YET, but considering it's using the newest Unreal Engine, consider it a strong possibility that it'll end up on PS5. My advice though; do not get the console just for that. If 'Neko hadn't wanted Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart so bad his teeth hurt, I wouldn't have access to one now.

Get the console for the new FF game, and for other games you want to play, and def get it if you skipped PS4 since it can use the whole PS4 library. ^^ And if KH4 shows up, that's the cherry on top. ^^

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm starting to feel torn now. With PlayStation starting to put games on Steam, it makes me want to wait to get them there. But then on the other hand, they're never guaranteed to come to Steam and there's no telling how long they'll stay exclusive. I played God of War 2018 on my Steam Deck though and it felt incredible, and it took me so much longer to get through Ragnarok on the PS5 just because it's more convenient for me to have that handheld form factor.

Willow A113

Awards
Yeah, it hasn't YET, but considering it's using the newest Unreal Engine, consider it a strong possibility that it'll end up on PS5. My advice though; do not get the console just for that. If 'Neko hadn't wanted Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart so bad his teeth hurt, I wouldn't have access to one now.

Get the console for the new FF game, and for other games you want to play, and def get it if you skipped PS4 since it can use the whole PS4 library. ^^ And if KH4 shows up, that's the cherry on top. ^^
The trailer was in UE4 so I could see the game having a version using both engines.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
The trailer was in UE4 so I could see the game having a version using both engines.
This isn't all that likely, actually. While there's a lot of overlap in how UE4 and UE5 work, there's still a myriad of limitations and differences in the former to make it not worth the trouble. Hoping for a PS4 version of KH4 is a fool's bet and will end in massive disappointment.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
This isn't all that likely, actually. While there's a lot of overlap in how UE4 and UE5 work, there's still a myriad of limitations and differences in the former to make it not worth the trouble. Hoping for a PS4 version of KH4 is a fool's bet and will end in massive disappointment.
Yeah, the point of using UE5 is doing things that weren't possible before. So KH4 can't be on both engines without compromising vision.

Back