• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Yen Sid appear?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
If so, it's about time. We haven't seen any sign of Yen Sid throughout this prequel series depsite the fact that he has specifically stated that he worked with Xehanort and Erauqs in his youth. Unless Nomora offically states that this has been retconned, i'm expecting some kind of connection between Missing Link and Yen SId. Have the player meet a young version of him ? Have us see flashback cutscenes featuring him fighting alongside Xehanort and Erauqs? Anything really? I'll even settle for a tiny sidequest where he shows up for like a few seconds like they did with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy in Union X

Awards
It's too early to say, but if I had to guess I'd say probably not. The series has reached a point where Disney characters don't get important roles (whether it's because of Disney interference or Nomura's preference for original characters, I couldn't say) and I'm not expecting ML to change that. I hope that I'm wrong though, because Yen Sid was established as a former Keyblade wielder and it would be a shame if that was retconned. Mickey shouldn't be the only Disney character that gets a Keyblade, and it would be great to see an original Nomura design for a pre-existing Disney character (something that he should be allowed to do in my opinion). But only time will tell and hopefully we find out sooner rather than later.

Sonofjafar

Awards
It really is annoying how ths Disney characters’ potential for plot relevancy is getting wasted. Donald and Goofy basically got relegated to only doing one important thing in kh3 and even then Donald’s best feat of magic kills him for some reason.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It would honestly be a surprise if they did show Yen Sid. I actually don't want to see him. It's kind of interesting having a character like Yen Sid with a very mysterious past. It's not crucial to the story to explain what Yen Sid was doing back then and it would probably cause more harm than good if they pull Yen Sid into the Young Xehanort/Young Eraqus storyline.

Awards
it would probably cause more harm than good if they pull Yen Sid into the Young Xehanort/Young Eraqus storyline.
They passed up that opportunity with Dark Road. An appearance in Missing Link would be free of that baggage, and the possibilities would be more open ended than if he had been in DR.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They passed up that opportunity with Dark Road. An appearance in Missing Link would be free of that baggage, and the possibilities would be more open ended than if he had been in DR.
I don't think so. If Yen Sid appeared back then, it would just convolute Yen Sid's role in the story even more. It's already questionable why he just sat in his office while Master Xehanort (BbS), Maleficent (BbS-KH1), Ansem (KH1), and the Organization (KHCoM-KH3) ran wild and almost ruined everything. I mean, even if he didn't think he was strong enough to beat Xehanort or the Organization, he must be able to stop Maleficent or the DISNEY villains.

So yeah, I believe if Yen Sid appeared in the past with Xehanort or Eraqus, it would just make things more complicated and end up forcing an explanation for his behaviour. Right now, an explanation would be nice, but not necessary. If he showed up in the past, then it would push the story in a place where we need to know why Yen Sid did nothing and withheld so much information - the reason probably bring some overly complicated thing.

Sonofjafar

Awards
I don't think so. If Yen Sid appeared back then, it would just convolute Yen Sid's role in the story even more. It's already questionable why he just sat in his office while Master Xehanort (BbS), Maleficent (BbS-KH1), Ansem (KH1), and the Organization (KHCoM-KH3) ran wild and almost ruined everything. I mean, even if he didn't think he was strong enough to beat Xehanort or the Organization, he must be able to stop Maleficent or the DISNEY villains.

So yeah, I believe if Yen Sid appeared in the past with Xehanort or Eraqus, it would just make things more complicated and end up forcing an explanation for his behaviour. Right now, an explanation would be nice, but not necessary. If he showed up in the past, then it would push the story in a place where we need to know why Yen Sid did nothing and withheld so much information - the reason probably bring some overly complicated thing.
Maybe he gave up on doing anything to stop the evil of the world due to an event that caused a rift between him and Xehanort and/or Erauqs

Awards

The point I was trying to make is that Xehanort and Eraqus won't be in Missing Link. At least as far as we know so far.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe he gave up on doing anything to stop the evil of the world due to an event that caused a rift between him and Xehanort and/or Erauqs
Well that makes Yen Sid look even more dumb. He sits down at his desk in his home office for 10+ years while he sends his trainee (Mickey) to try and stop the evil.
The point I was trying to make is that Xehanort and Eraqus won't be in Missing Link. At least as far as we know so far.
Oh, my bad. I hear you.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Yen sid I feel has an important reveal. His time will come. He may not have met Eraqus and Xehanort until they were all young men rather than the youths we see in dark road. He could possibly be even older than them, an upper classmen, and became a master long before them. Hence his earlier retirement. A story may be revealed to tie that part of their lives. For all we know the Master of Masters could have had interactions with Yen Sid at some point giving him a role to "sit out" and not get physically involved. But nurture the Sora's generation of Light. All part of the "greater plan".

Last edited:
Back