• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
1. Nomura is sexist.
I don't think this is only Nomura, there are probably a lot of people in Japan with this mindset and are behind the times, look at G Gundam, there are almost no female pilots, there are only two that I can think of off of the top of my head, and they are Rain, and Allenbe, and Rain has only piloted in an episode or two, that's it, don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Japan, but there media decisions are questionable, for example, I have recently gotten into Super Sentai, the Japanese version of Power Rangers(I know, by a technicality it's a different show that just inspired Power Rangers, but I like to keep things simple) and I enjoy it, but there is one problem with it, there are no female Red Rangers, and again somtimes only temporally, like the female Red shinkenger, only for close to the finale and that's it, so no, it's not just Nomura.
2. Phil should have been given a voice actor in KH3 or they should have just not included the character in the game.
The Japanese voice actor passed away before KH3 was finished, they kept him on screen but silent to show respect, that's what I heard anyway.
12. Everyone in the BBS trio's time failed them, not just Eraqus: also Mickey, Yen Sid, Donald, and Goofy. There was no reason to let Aqua go alone after the events of the Keyblade Graveyard.
I Agree wholeheartedly.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd prefer Xion as a regular nobody than the replica with memory stuff. But I don't removing her from Days would fix Days automatically. The bigger issue was the interquel between 1 and 2. It turned out to be not as interesting as I thought it was gonna be. That's not all on Xion because she's the only interesting thing besides the Lea-Isa reveal.

Unless you give us more reveals like that, I would've just set Days after 2 and build it up to 3.

Sora goes on another adventure to figure out who Xion was and why Roxas can't remember her. The new worlds Sora visit are places Roxas went to. You could also work in the Organization's return. They are somebodies again and have their own agenda than whatever Xehanort was going for.

You are moving the series forward in a more substantial way than Days or Coded ever did to me.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Sora goes on another adventure to figure out who Xion was and why Roxas can't remember her. The new worlds Sora visit are places Roxas went to. You could also work in the Organization's return. They are somebodies again and have their own agenda than whatever Xehanort was going for.
That idea sounds interesting.

D

Deleted member 246005

That idea sounds interesting.
Coded and Days get accused of being filler and I get why. They don't seem to add much. It would be easier to forgive if they were short DLC than a whole game. Even the cutscene movies in the HD remix drag and those aren't that long.

The Xehanort saga starts too slow and KH3 has to do all the heavy lifting.

So this is way to salvage Days and move the series forward faster.

I don't know how to fix Coded because the Data Realm never appealed to me. And another KH1 rehash is uninteresting. So I'd just use it as a Kairi centered title. It focuses on her training and the preexisting worlds are used as testing grounds.

I don't mind Kairi getting training, its just never explored in a meaningful way. Same with the Mark of Mastery exam from DDD. I'm fine with delaying or cutting the 2nd Mark of Mastery exam.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Coded and Days get accused of being filler and I get why. They don't seem to add much. It would be easier to forgive if they were short DLC than a whole game. Even the cutscene movies in the HD remix drag and those aren't that long.

The Xehanort saga starts too slow and KH3 has to do all the heavy lifting.

So this is way to salvage Days and move the series forward faster.

I don't know how to fix Coded because the Data Realm never appealed to me. And another KH1 rehash is uninteresting. So I'd just use it as a Kairi centered title. It focuses on her training and the preexisting worlds are used as testing grounds.

I don't mind Kairi getting training, its just never explored in a meaningful way. Same with the Mark of Mastery exam from DDD. I'm fine with delaying or cutting the 2nd Mark of Mastery exam.
I have never understood why coded is seen that way, it explains why Mickey wrote the letter, and how they got a clue to where Ven's heart is, how they learned that there were people who needed help, and reveals how Xehanort was coming back, why is it always looked down on when it has important information in it?

Last edited:

vaderskywalker

Awards
Not sure if this is unpopular but it’s an opinion so here it is:

Kingdom Hearts should not feature the live action remakes.
Agreed, and not because I'm against the remakes, I enjoy them, but because it would be weird to have two versions of the same world with the same events done twice, the reason I would be okay with OUAT as a world or something, is because they're alternate versions of the characters that diverge from the original, for example, Peter Pan is a bad guy, and Hook is actually a decent human being (for the most part), the Evil Queen, or Regina, is a redeemable character (Give me a break, I'm a sucker for a good redemption story, have I said that already? feels like I have.) who is actually likable and has a sympathetic backstory, can't say the same for the Evil Queen (the animated one), as for the remakes, they might be able to work the Malefienct movie into the plot somehow if they ever decide to redeem her, (Not holding my breath on that one.), the other remakes just wouldn't work because the stories have already been told once, I just don't see how that would work.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
-The game experiences situational awareness lag
-Sora gets reset after every game he's ever starred in and it's not been great for his character.
-They single-handedly denied Sora's development, never told him about CoM events and how he went Linkin Park angst over a total stranger he's never even met and denied him the ability to lament over the actions he took.
-Hastily discards Donald and Goofy and never apologizes, post game he just forgets it, all critical character development thats just swept under the mat from a single game.

Listen nobody in this community, be it here, reddit, KH13, would anyone seriously justify how the shaft the MC for an entire franchise. It's like Nomura wrote a character just to kill him, and even death couldn't stop him. Death, then reincarnate, then death to the KH1 sora by memory replacement, Death to CoM Sora by memory rewind, Death to Data Sora by corruption and system reboot.

Yall wildin.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
<_<

>_>

*Deep breath*

I would've preferred this series being a full on Disney RPG franchise, instead of the wannabe shonen anime that happens to guest star Disney. Like Super Mario RPG but with Mickey. That it's just about getting to the point where the OCs are as numerous as the Disney cast (just how many got introduced in the mobile games? Like 20 at least?) is nothing short of ridiculous.

Disney has lighten up on crossovers as proven by recent mobile titles but I have no faith whatsoever that KH will ever capitalize on it. It's too caught in it's half a million plot threads as is to actually do any big grand stories with Disney characters.

AegisXIII

Awards
<_<

>_>

*Deep breath*

I would've preferred this series being a full on Disney RPG franchise, instead of the wannabe shonen anime that happens to guest star Disney. Like Super Mario RPG but with Mickey. That it's just about getting to the point where the OCs are as numerous as the Disney cast (just how many got introduced in the mobile games? Like 20 at least?) is nothing short of ridiculous.

Disney has lighten up on crossovers as proven by recent mobile titles but I have no faith whatsoever that KH will ever capitalize on it. It's too caught in it's half a million plot threads as is to actually do any big grand stories with Disney characters.
Surprisingly, smaller mobile titles have more freedom with Disney characters than Kingdom hearts ever had (Mirrorverse).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Surprisingly, smaller mobile titles have more freedom with Disney characters than Kingdom hearts ever had (Mirrorverse).
Sorcerer's Arena and Melee Mania allow for hero characters to directly fight each other. Like you could have Elsa and slugging it out in Arena. So uh, Square, any chance you guys maybe wanna revisit that whole Dissidia KH idea anytime soon?

D

Deleted member 246005

I have never understood why coded is seen that way, it explains why Mickey wrote the letter, and how they got a clue to where Ven's heart is, how they learned that there were people who needed help, and reveals how Xehanort was coming back, why is it always looked down on when it has important information in it?
I just found the movie itself boring to sit through. A version of Sora going through another KH1 rehash wouldn't have appealed to me. Like Days and DDD there were other ways to get that info.

@MATGSY
Oswald would be Mickey's Riku and the mad scientist would trying to be Xehanort but funny.

I'd play it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
You shouldn't be forced to play or watch videos from outside source on the phone games to understand relevant overtones in the 3rd main game.

The first time I ever saw Ephemer was in back cover, and the second time was during the final phase of KH3, and I still had no idea who that was. (Die hard fans would crucify me for saying that)

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Unpopular opinions, hah?

Okay…let me take a crack at it…

1. I dislike the idea of the Guardians being substitutes for the Princesses. We get it, damsels in distress is cliché, sexist, uninspired blah blah blah…but there’s just something about reusing the original plot device that appeals to me, and also, the idea of the guardians, who have darkness in them sans Kairi (and Ven?), kind of doesn’t sit well with me. It’s like comparing silver and gold, one is more usable and flexible, but is also “inferior” by comparison. Why have a burger patty when the ribeye cap/filet mignon is so much better, y’know?

2. I’m fine with Kairi getting shafted with the writing. Well, I would’ve anyway, if they treated Riku the same.

3. I don’t think this series is going to last long enough to have a third arc, if only because Nomura is getting really old and do they even have a successor in sight? This is like Miyazaki all over again, we wanted Kondo but what we got was Miyazaki’s really untalented son.

Please don’t hurt me.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm fine with retiring Donald and Goofy. They are sort of like R2d2 and C3p0. They are fun side characters but don't really change and develop beyond the first game.

Sora sucks as a protagonist but he'd be better off if you swapped his partner like Sonic does from time to time. A new team would showcase more of his personality. He has to adjust to new relationships.

It works for Doctor Who and Sonic the Hedgehog and it could work for Sora.

It's also a missed opportunity for the Dream Eaters. They would work better if they were like Digimon than pokemon. In the anime the tamers are given 1 partner with a more defined personality. So using them like Digimon would've served the story better. Sora and Riku also have to mentor another character. Yen sides version works like that because it's a test of character. He wants to avoid creating another Xehanort and Eraqus so mentoring is a way to showcase their character.

@Idreamaboutcats.

I don't mind the princesses returning if they were better handled. Moana and Merida would work better because they have more proactive goals beyond getting a guy. So building the Princesses up and exploring them better would be the first. You could even give them special powers like Aurora could travel in the dream realm on her own.

Mirrorverse gives them fighting styles so you could make Belle a black mage, Snow White a bard, Merida a ranger, Alice a blue Mage etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

vaderskywalker

Awards
I just found the movie itself boring to sit through. A version of Sora going through another KH1 rehash wouldn't have appealed to me. Like Days and DDD there were other ways to get that info.

@MATGSY
Oswald would be Mickey's Riku and the mad scientist would trying to be Xehanort but funny.

I'd play it.
I agree with the movie being boring, it's like the opposite of Chain Of Memories for me, the story was fine, the gameplay was boring, and coded is very much the opposite, the gameplay is fun but the story is boring, they removed the fun part when they made it into a movie, days was okay, that is a movie I could watch for hours, and not get bored, the problem with days for me is that it's way too difficult, it is definitely fun, but difficult, at least in the later stages of the game, and coded actually feels rewarding when you actually play the game.
Sora sucks as a protagonist but he'd be better off if you swapped his partner like Sonic does from time to time. A new team would showcase more of his personality. He has to adjust to new relationships.

It works for Doctor Who and Sonic the Hedgehog and it could work for Sora.
I agree about the party members thing, if party members are going to stick around, then they should at least change things up a bit, Sora never once got to travel with Riku and Kairi, and I think it's only right that he actually gets too do that with them in the next saga at some point, maybe have a team of five or six party members, but I'm not holding my breath.
You shouldn't be forced to play or watch videos from outside source on the phone games to understand relevant overtones in the 3rd main game.

The first time I ever saw Ephemer was in back cover, and the second time was during the final phase of KH3, and I still had no idea who that was. (Die hard fans would crucify me for saying that)
I agree wholeheartedly.

Back