• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Before The Hype Train: Theories/Beliefs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I personally find it interesting to look back on posts made before a new KH game came out. Just to see where everyone's thoughts were without knowing the actual story of the new game.

I think it would be interesting for people to post theories/beliefs you actually think will come true in KH4 BEFORE the hype train begins and we get real info to work with.

My theories/beliefs would be:
1. There is no Gummi Ship in Quadratum - "worlds" are just parts of the map with Quadratum being the hub/starting world. I feel like they may use something like the KH2 system where you have to go through some sort of mini-game to unlock a new area. Maybe Sora has to use the mechs from Quadratum (with them being made from the Quadratum version of gummi blocks).

2. Hades sends Donald and Goofy to Quadratum. Even though The Fairy Godmother wasn't able to send Riku to Quadratum, she was able to take him to The Final World. I think it's fair to think that Hades could have that power to send people to Quadratum or at least to The Final World, where Donald and Goofy can probably get help from the Nameless Star.

3. Yozora is Young Xehanort. I read people saying that Young Xehanort is in Quadratum. Well maybe that explains the whole "appearance" issue. Xehanort presents as this pseudo-Riku, but uses a reference to Sora's name - for what reason, I don't know. But it could be (if it does happen) to be another shocking reveal by Nomura. Major plot twist would be Yozora/Young Xehanort teaming with Sora to fight The Master of Masters.

Sonofjafar

Awards
1. Oswald's finally gonna show up. We got Bob Iger back in the driver's seat at Disney and he never passes up an opportunity to use the Lucky Rabbit in some form of long running Disney media.

2. Kairi temporarily goes dark. They've established that being a Princess of Heart can be passed on to others (ie Rapunzel and Elsa) so Kairi might possibly be able to get corrupted by darkness in a desperate bid to get Sora back.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
My theory is that Aerith is the true 7th princess of heart.

Okay jokes aside, a small theory I have is that Kairi will team up with Donald and Goofy and find Sora together. I'd prefer that over traveling with TAV or Mickey anyway. I'd be okay if she only traveled with Riku too.

Just give Kairi some character interactions that isn't Sora please

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Quadratum is a temporary prologue-like world where Riku and Sora participate in some TWEWY-esque game. My theory so far is Quadratum is an AU of the KH story / characters, that Yozora is AU Sora's body with AU Ansem/Riku's heart inside (sort of the KH1 story flipped with Ansem/Riku having won at Hollow Bastion and Sora lost). Nameless Star is AU Kairi's heart that's been separated from her body.

Anyway, I think Sora will be "saved" from Yozora somewhere around the beginning of the game--perhaps Donald and Goofy are at the Underworld just as Sora comes spewing out of the river of souls maybe, lol--and he continues to have blips throughout the game where he passes out and thinks he's in Quadratum again before he's jerked back there at the end for the final boss battles. The explanation would be that Sora being so close to his counterpart in the other universe caused the universe to attempt to "correct" itself and combine Sora with Yozora into one person.

palizinhas

Awards
1) Yozora is the world's Sora, except he couldn't save his version of Kairi (Nameless Star) and that led to Quadratum going out of balance

2) Donald and Goofy will be able to get to Sora after the prologue, so SDG will be together most of the game despite being trapped in another reality

3) Riku won't be able to reunite with Sora until the endgame, saving Sora's life at a critical moment and joining up the party towards the end. We'll play as him before while he searches for Sora

4) KH4 will end with Sora being tricked by the MoM and/or Yozora's villain into joining the main KH reality and Quadratum into one - it will get him home, but bring many dangers with him

5) There will be a side story sometimes showing what's happening in the main reality in order to really establish the Foretellers as villains despite Sora not being there - we'll play as Kairi briefly in those sections

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sora will have lost his memories from his old life and won't get them back until near the end of KH4. If he teams up with Donald and Goofy again they will have to build up their relationship again like in KH1. Same with any other friend he comes across like Riku.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
The majority of the game will be set in Quadratum, including any/all offshoot worlds. I don’t think Sora is gonna return to “reality” any time soon, and if he does, I don’t think it’ll be so straightforward. Nomura has made it clear he is itching to change up the formula, I don’t see why he would return things to the status quo in this game.

I don’t 100% believe this one but I think there’s a non-zero chance Yozora is Quadratum-Riku. Riku took a portal to the KH afterworld/inverse reality, I don’t see any reason to believe he’ll just show up completely normal. Who knows how the whole “his heart has been replaced by another’s” thing actually works but I really feel like Riku is implicated in this somehow, maybe doesn’t remember who he really is. Also who knows how time works in Quadratum. I mean c’mon they look so similar, and their clothes are nearly identical—no accident. “I will save you.”

MoM and Foretellers will obviously play a huge role in the story but the villain/final boss of this specific game will be a character we haven’t met yet.

We’re definitely seeing the MoM’s face reveal in this game.

Some version of Xehanort is hangin’ out in Quadratum.

Playable Yozora. It’s inevitable.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
Sora will live a normal life, thinking that the previous games were just a dream.
Remember the first line in KH1: I've been having these weird thoughts lately, like is any of this for real or not? In french, the translations is: I've been having strange dreams lately, but I don't know which one is more accurate to the original japanese. One big focus might be: which world is the real one.

D

Deleted member 246005

I feel like Yozora being a younger version of the Master of Masters or Luxu is a better way do that "Sora is Master of Masters" theory.

The Player Character might have Young Xehanort's design and voice if they pop up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonofjafar

Awards
I feel like Yozora being a younger version of the Master of Masters or Luxu is a better way to that "Sora is Master of Masters" theory.

The Player Character might have Young Xehanort's design and voice if they pop up.
I’ve always imagined the player character coming back as a chaotic anti hero who just wants to mess with the Master of Masters’ plan as payback for him using his friends as canon fodder

D

Deleted member 246005

I’ve always imagined the player character coming back as a chaotic anti hero who just wants to mess with the Master of Masters’ plan as payback for him using his friends as canon fodder
our theories can coexist.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
1. Verum Rex-verse doesn't have Disney worlds or even any other worlds beyond Quadratum. That's because it's meant to be as if Sora was transported into a completely different RPG franchise that only has a single world setting. Technically Quadratum is just 1 city in a much bigger world but we won't be seeing the rest of it.

2. KH/Disney are considered works of fiction in Quadratum, which leads to all kinds of 4th wall leaning meta-hunir to a degree that even Axel would find excessive.

3. Disney worlds are accessed by Sora playing a KH game in his apartment. This switches the narrative back to the KH-Verse where we play as Kairi with Donald and Goofy as party members searching Disney Worlds for ways to bring back Sora while also dealing with Maleficent and the Foretellers.

4. It is thus implied that Sora is controlling Kairi through his game console, something MoM foreshadowed with its final boss. Consider this Nomura's compromise to making Kairi playable.

5. Players will have to do a lot of stuff in Quadratum in between worlds to advance the main plot. For example Sora actually has to get a game console and copy of KH before hand, which means KH2 style job mini games to work up the cash as part of the tutorial.

6. Line up of Disney worlds and why KDG go to them:
-Endor (Force ghosts and the SW version of the afterlife)
-Coco (obvious afterlife)
-Inside Out (inside Ven's mind to unearth memories of his past)
-Raya (new princess of heart)
-Moana (new poh)
-Onward (looking into using the staff to bring Sora back)

Last edited:

Sonofjafar

Awards
1. Verum Rex-verse doesn't have Disney worlds or even any other worlds beyond Quadratum. That's because it's meant to be as if Sora was transported into a completely different RPG franchise that only has a single world setting. Technically Quadratum is just 1 city in a much bigger world but we won't be seeing the rest of it.

2. KH/Disney are considered works of fiction in Quadratum, which leads to all kinds of 4th wall leaning meta-hunir to a degree that even Axel would find excessive.

3. Disney worlds are accessed by Sora playing a KH game in his apartment. This switches the narrative back to the KH-Verse where we play as Kairi with Donald and Goofy as party members searching Disney Worlds for ways to bring back Sora while also dealing with Maleficent and the Foretellers.

4. It is thus implied that Sora is controlling Kairi through his game console, something MoM foreshadowed with its final boss. Consider this Nomura's compromise to making Kairi playable.

5. Players will have to do a lot of stuff in Quadratum in between worlds to advance the main plot. For example Sora actually has to get a game console and copy of KH before hand, which means KH2 style job mini games to work up the cash as part of the tutorial.

6. Line up of Disney worlds and why KDG go to them:
-Endor (Force ghosts and the SW version of the afterlife)
-Coco (obvious afterlife)
-Inside Out (inside Ven's mind to unearth memories of his past)
-Raya (new princess of heart)
-Moana (new poh)
-Onward (looking into using the staff to bring Sora back)
What if Strelitzia already has a copy and when she lets Sora start a new save file, it creates a branching timeline in the kh universe that merges back together in later games?

AegisXIII

Awards
I feel like Yozora being a younger version of the Master of Masters or Luxu is a better way do that "Sora is Master of Masters" theory.

Yozora being a younger version of the Master of Masters is genius considering the Master of Masters is voiced by the actor who played Noctis, the original Yozora. 🤯

Alexxio M.

Awards
1). Oswald in quadratum
2). Twewy specifically Joshua in Quadratum because he is quote kind of omniscient and it makes sense to me that the angels that run the reapers game in the Twewy gangs Shibuya would come from unreality
3). Kairi and Aqua bonding during the formers mark of mastery
4). Ven actually dealing with Vanitas coinciding with Sora dealing with his own dark side
5). Ven getting missing ache back and Vanitas kinda becoming his own personal summon
6). Ven getting his memory back
7). Fluffy Lauriam + Elrena reunion with Strelitzia please and thank you
8). Skuld is subject x
9). tease of Ephemer coming back
10). Skuld reunion with Axel, Isa, Lauriam and Ven
11). pointing spiderman meme between Yozora and Riku
12). Toy Box and Game central station must return
13). Coustomizable apartment/ Sora daily life in Quadratum
14). Strelitzia rude awakening upon finding out about Marluxia

that is all for now May give another list later

Back