• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Disney+ Nightmare Before Christmas series rumor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
So I heard somewhere on YouTube that Henry Selick hinted at a possible nightmare before Christmas series on Disney+ and I need some form of confirmation that this is an actual rumor and not just clickbait. I won’t be mad if it is clickbait. I just wanna know. Video supplied at the bottom

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm not sure what the story could even be.

I doubt that it's true. Tim Burton said that he doubts he will work with DISNEY again.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
You say that as if Disney needs his permission.

Disney owns the series, so I'm sure they'll do whatever they please.
Yeah, but there's no way that DISNEY will proceed with an IP like Nightmare without the original creator. The backlash and fan outcry will be immense. Even if they did a series without Tim Burton, the Nightmare fans will probably bother DISNEY so much that they would bring him back.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Yeah, but there's no way that DISNEY will proceed with an IP like Nightmare without the original creator. The backlash and fan outcry will be immense. Even if they did a series without Tim Burton, the Nightmare fans will probably bother DISNEY so much that they would bring him back.

Bring him back for what? The heavy lifting for Nightmare Before Christmas was done by Henry Selick and Joe Ranft.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
True, but I’m pretty sure they’d still require some kind of ok from Tim Burton
Yeah, they will, but that’s minor.
That’s a lot of stock being put into Tim Burton. He’s a great visual and concept story planner. His style is undeniably iconic. The guy should not have any hand in any projects beyond being an exec producer, though. And people need to recognize that many of his greatest works were also worked on by some highly talented people who have gone ignored by media history because Burton is just a big household name.

Any future TNBC project would be just fine without him.

AegisXIII

Awards
I realized that as well after watching Coraline. The real genius is Henry Selick. If you haven't watched it, go for it. It's insane.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Yeah, they will, but that’s minor.

That’s a lot of stock being put into Tim Burton. He’s a great visual and concept story planner. His style is undeniably iconic. The guy should not have any hand in any projects beyond being an exec producer, though. And people need to recognize that many of his greatest works were also worked on by some highly talented people who have gone ignored by media history because Burton is just a big household name.

Any future TNBC project would be just fine without him.
I'm not talking about whether Tim Burton will be the one to make it amazing or not. My point was that most people assume Tim Burton was the one in total control of The Nightmare Before Christmas, so if they hear of a new project without him - there will be an outcry by fans.

It's like if they did a new season of Batman: The Animated Series and didn't bring Mark Hamill back as The Joker. Sure, the project would go on, but people would complain. I think DISNEY is trying to avoid complaints or drama, as that's their image, so if they did a new Nightmare project - they would anticipate an outcry without Tim Burton.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
it would probably follow that new book released.
Long live the pumpkin queen.

Its a sequel story with Sally as protagonist.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm not sure what the story could even be.

I doubt that it's true. Tim Burton said that he doubts he will work with DISNEY again.
If they need material for a sequel plot there are those doors to other holiday worlds aside from the Christmas one. That was something I was always interested in exploring if they ever continued the franchise.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If they need material for a sequel plot there are those doors to other holiday worlds aside from the Christmas one. That was something I was always interested in exploring if they ever continued the franchise.
What would be the point though? Jack is bored again, so he decides to go to other worlds? And what other holiday can they really explore? Thanksgiving? Valentine's Day?

Back