• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About Sora in KH4 and beyond,,, (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Do you think, assuming Sora returns to the realm of light, that he will learn from his mistake with the power of waking, and not to be so reckless.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sora would throw himself into a mako reactor if he thought it was the only way to save his friends. I think what he needs is people willing to keep him safe to prevent things like that from happening in the future.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Sora would throw himself into a mako reactor if he thought it was the only way to save his friends. I think what he needs is people willing to keep him safe to prevent things like that from happening in the future.
That would be nice, and it would also be nice if Sora wasn't treated like a sacrificial piece.

Chie

Awards
Sora's character is someone who has always charged forward without stopping, or being allowed to stop, to emotionally process anything.

Now he is being thrown into the "real world" and lives in an apartment.

Yes, the point is that he has to evolve. But as for whether Sora actually made a "mistake" it's possible to "learn from", that's debatable. What else could he have done in that situation? Die??

vaderskywalker

Awards
Sora's character is someone who has always charged forward without stopping, or being allowed to stop, to emotionally process anything.

Now he is being thrown into the "real world" and lives in an apartment.

Yes, the point is that he has to evolve. But as for whether Sora actually made a "mistake" it's possible to "learn from", that's debatable. What else could he have done in that situation? Die??
he could have kept fighting and found some other way to save them without creating an alternate timeline.

Chie

Awards
He was dead and in The Final World. What was he supposed to "fight"?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah there was nowhere else for Sora to go from there. He died, his friends died and their hearts were being reaped by the Lich.

His choice was unavoidable given the circumstances. What screwed him over was going back to go after Kairi. He would have probably lasted longer had he not used his power to save Kairi.

Sora could have told Yen-Sid that he used the Power of Waking to revive everybody and that he was going to disappear, but instead he chose to go on a field trip with Kairi and go to the beach party.

What is important from this point on is seeing how Sora handles the consequences, and what his friends will do to be a proper pillar of support for him and keep him from these sorts of self-sacrificial gambits. Sora always saw himself as disposable in the grand scheme of things and his friends never really do anything to keep Sora from believing that. Riku does, sort of.

vaderskywalker

Awards
He was dead and in The Final World. What was he supposed to "fight"?

Yeah there was nowhere else for Sora to go from there. He died, his friends died and their hearts were being reaped by the Lich.

His choice was unavoidable given the circumstances. What screwed him over was going back to go after Kairi. He would have probably lasted longer had he not used his power to save Kairi.

Sora could have told Yen-Sid that he used the Power of Waking to revive everybody and that he was going to disappear, but instead he chose to go on a field trip with Kairi and go to the beach party.

What is important from this point on is seeing how Sora handles the consequences, and what his friends will do to be a proper pillar of support for him and keep him from these sorts of self-sacrificial gambits. Sora always saw himself as disposable in the grand scheme of things and his friends never really do anything to keep Sora from believing that. Riku does, sort of.
I'm talking about just before the heartless got to him, Riku didn't give up, Sora shouldn't have either, in fact that entire thing shouldn't have happened at all, when Terranort showed up, he was one seeker up against 7 gaurdians, they had strength in numbers, Terranort didn't, and Aqua beat him solo, but I've already talked about this part in another thread, my point is Sora took down a thousand heartless by himself, the number he was up against here should have been nothing, and after beating them with the help of the UX charaters just like in the fight in canon, he could have found some other way to help the gaurdians than to just use the power of awaking, again and again and again and again and again and again, and create another timeline, but no he just sat there as the heartless tide consumed everyone, that's what I'm talking about, I just don't want to see a repeat somewhere down the line.

Last edited:

Chie

Awards
You asked if he would "learn from his mistake with the power of waking, and not to be so reckless". When he lost to the Heartless, he was not making a decision to "recklessly use the power of waking", he was losing to the Heartless. So I don't know what you think he should be learning here.

vaderskywalker

Awards
You asked if he would "learn from his mistake with the power of waking, and not to be so reckless". When he lost to the Heartless, he was not making a decision to "recklessly use the power of waking", he was losing to the Heartless. So I don't know what you think he should be learning here.
1. they.... should.... have.... DODGED! (Please don't take that too seriously, it's a joke), 2. yeah but Chirithy encourage him, seriously I like Chirithy, but he could have warned Sora at least, actually Yen Sid could have warned Sora, but he didn't, if he cared at all he would have warned Sora, so that's two things for Sora to learn, how to not abuse the power of waking, and grill the old man for answers the next time he's insisting on him getting a power he doesn't know anything about.

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I’ve said this before elsewhere on this forum, but I don’t have a problem with Sora sacrificing his life for Kairi or him disappearing since Re:Mind cushioned the blow. My problem was more with the year-long timeskip where nothing visually changed. It felt and still feels cheap to me. You have all these allies and it takes you a year to find Sora, yet it doesn’t look like it’s been a week.

As for the Final World, I’m actually curious how time would work in that place🤔 Does it flow at the same pace as other worlds? Could it be possible to meet yourself from alternate worldlines/timelines or is it just linear?

1. they.... should.... have.... DODGED!
I get it😄

palizinhas

Awards
I think it would absolutely have felt more understandable if the Seven Jobbers of Light scene wasn't so awkward, but the series Really wants you to believe everyone was too out of it by Terranort's appearance to DO anything without Lingering Will's help.

Really would have helped to make it so Terranort, like, actually pretended to be Terra - for all that Aqua and Ven knew Xehanort had him, they'd probably want to believe it enough to lower down their guard, and then everyone else would be too shocked at seeing Ven's death to react right away. As it was the guy was obviously evil and They Just Stood There.

Sora saving Kairi was absolutely unavoidable, but the other scene does feel like it was winnable, especially since most of it was just Terranort by himself.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I’ve said this before elsewhere on this forum, but I don’t have a problem with Sora sacrificing his life for Kairi or him disappearing since Re:Mind cushioned the blow. My problem was more with the year-long timeskip where nothing visually changed. It felt and still feels cheap to me. You have all these allies and it takes you a year to find Sora, yet it doesn’t look like it’s been a week.

As for the Final World, I’m actually curious how time would work in that place🤔 Does it flow at the same pace as other worlds? Could it be possible to meet yourself from alternate worldlines/timelines or is it just linear?

I get it😄
Yeah, the Time skip does feel very weird, especially since the last time we had a time skip, it was also a year, and Sora, Riku, and Kairi, did look older because of that time skip, it was why they had new outfits the first time, KH3 feels like they did the new outfits thing just so they could have new outfits, that's another thing actually, why didn't Aqua and Ven get new outfits? if every one of the 7 guardians is going to get new Outfits, Aqua and Ven, should have gotten new outfits too, and yeah, it felt like a very fitting joke for that very head scratching scene.
Sora saving Kairi was absolutely unavoidable, but the other scene does feel like it was winnable, especially since most of it was just Terranort by himself.
Yeah, that's what I meant. (I'm going make another thread for Kairi)

Last edited:
Back