• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

idea about a remake. (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
FWIW, Mickey seems to somehow exist as fiction on the KH too. Those movies playing in Twilight Town, the clock in Andy's room. How that makes sense is anyone's guess.

Chie

Awards
Ludwig von Drake made the cartoon, so he probably just knows Mickey in real life.

We also haven't actually seen it stated that the KH universe is a fictional work in Yozora's, though it would make sense. But the more clear theme to me is that the KH universe, the one we're told is "real", is clearly made up of fictional movies, while the Yozora universe, the one we're told is "fiction", is clearly a close-to-reality Tokyo, Japan. We could think of them as mutually fictional because of this, but it's the one that we're told is fiction that is the one that is obviously more real.

Obviously Sora will have to go on adventures there that probably will involve Disney in some way, so I guess there will have to be something, but I don't think there will be the "worlds" of various Disney movies just like in previous games. Nomura suspiciously specified that the Endor part of that KH4 trailer was still in Quadratum.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Ludwig von Drake made the cartoon, so he probably just knows Mickey in real life.

We also haven't actually seen it stated that the KH universe is a fictional work in Yozora's, though it would make sense. But the more clear theme to me is that the KH universe, the one we're told is "real", is clearly made up of fictional movies, while the Yozora universe, the one we're told is "fiction", is clearly a close-to-reality Tokyo, Japan. We could think of them as mutually fictional because of this, but it's the one that we're told is fiction that is the one that is obviously more real.

Obviously Sora will have to go on adventures there that probably will involve Disney in some way, so I guess there will have to be something, but I don't think there will be the "worlds" of various Disney movies just like in previous games. Nomura suspiciously specified that the Endor part of that KH4 trailer was still in Quadratum.
Can’t we just use live action Disney worlds that are not the remakes of the animated worlds? Star Wars is already there so why not include some of Disney’s original live action movies. Examples: Mary Poppins, Flubber, The Love Bug, the human characters from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Chie

Awards
Because most of those would only ever be thought of for KH in the context of "what IPs can we put in here because they're technically produced by Disney", such as right now

Star Wars is extremely thematically relevant to a place called Quadratum that's linked to Nomura and Final Fantasy, because Square Enix has been making games that borrow heavily from Star Wars since almost the beginning, including Kingdom Hearts. It's an important seed for the Squaresoft-type JRPG.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm fond of the Back Cover era so I wouldn't mind a remake of Unchained and Union X for the PS4.

They could give the player character the Hogwarts legacy treatment and expand the character choice aspect. Or just use someone else like Ephemer, Blaine, Rumalia, Relena, Skuld etc. I imagine the latter is how they would adapt around the Player Character outside of a game.

AegisXIII

Awards
I'm fond of the Back Cover era so I wouldn't mind a remake of Unchained and Union X for the PS4.

They could give the player character the Hogwarts legacy treatment and expand the character choice aspect. Or just use someone else like Ephemer, Blaine, Rumalia, Relena, Skuld etc. I imagine the latter is how they would adapt around the Player Character outside of a game.
It is inevitable I think. KHX is an essential part of the future of the saga and it is only available in Japanese or English. All the other languages in which the saga has been translated to cannot dive into this content easily, so for me, a remake of the X era is on its way.

Chie

Awards
I imagine the latter is how they would adapt around the Player Character outside of a game.
The player character has a specific role and fate in the plot that they don't share with any other character and has already appeared as an NPC in another game. They definitely do not want to adapt around the player.

D

Deleted member 246005

It is inevitable I think. KHX is an essential part of the future of the saga and it is only available in Japanese or English. All the other languages in which the saga has been translated to cannot dive into this content easily, so for me, a remake of the X era is on its way.
Cool. I still have missing link to tied me over.
The player character has a specific role and fate in the plot that they don't share with any other character and has already appeared as an NPC in another game. They definitely do not want to adapt around the player.
So they would give them a canonical name, personality and design similar to what Persona did when it adapted 3, 4 and 5 into anime.

The blank slate protagonist doesn't work outside of a game or novel to me.

Chie

Awards
So they would give them a canonical name, personality and design similar to what Persona did when it adapted 3, 4 and 5 into anime.
No, they "wouldn't", and by wouldn't I mean "did not do that".

Also, they already have a canonical personality because they talk in the X games.

AegisXIII

Awards
Wasn't Xion a blank slate protagonist at the beginning of days? Sounds like a missed opportunity for a character customization.

D

Deleted member 246005

I don't mind remaking 2 or BbS. Most of their problems are in the beginning or first half. But I don't think remaking DDD, Coded, and Days would help. They hurt the series more than add to it. So I rather just get a new game than redoing those.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
i wouldn't mind a Kh remake, so long as its done right and draws me in the same way the original did.

if such remake did exist, i would add an additional backstory to the main plot.

'Traverse Town acts as a refugee haven for those who lost their worlds to the Heartless, mostly those from Radiant Garden. as the years went by, the refugees began to build weapons and ships to combat the Heartless and defend worlds that were threatened by Maleficent and her conquest. by the time of the game, a Resistance (akin to the one from Star Wars) was already formed and fully armed. throughout the game, hints of a war between the Resistance and Maleficent's army are mentioned (notably during Agrabah and the second visit to Traverse Town). After learning where Maleficent's main base is, the Resistance launches an attack on Hollow Bastion to take back their home. so while Sora and co deal with Maleficent, the battle for Hollow Bastion will rage outside'

the battle of course will be based off of the Battle at Midgar from Dirge of Cerberus: FFVII (albeit with some alterations of course)

plus for the Resistance, it would be clever idea to add a few ships from Star Wars into the fleet. (a squad of x-wings, a few Corvettes, a nebulon-B frigate or two.) something subtle that would make to players do a double take and rewatch the battle cutscene again just see if they were right the first time..

Back