• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the infamous games... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
I enjoy them a lot, but this has bugged for a long time, the developers apparently made a weird choice about them, they wanted to make the evil ending of infamous 2 canon, but because pretty much everyone chose the good ending, they went with that for second son, now my problem with that is, why would they design a sequel around a player choice, seriously, no one is going to do the evil stuff first, it's just common sense, what are your thoughts?

D

Deleted member 246005

The evil choices weren't that interesting anyway.

Player choice is fine but point and click adventure games like Telltale's entries do them better because the choices are less binary.

The series got known for player choice but the second game is where they pulled it off. So it became their calling card and maybe they should've stuck to their guns.

Designing a game around Evil Cole can work but you probably would use Delsin instead. Unless you add a new any enemy type for Cole to face.

Doing a Kessler game could've been fun. He was the main villian of the first game. It would be like the recent metal gear entries. Exploring the past to get to the future kinda thing.

vaderskywalker

Awards
The evil choices weren't that interesting anyway.

Player choice is fine but point and click adventure games like Telltale's entries do them better because the choices are less binary.

The series got known for player choice but the second game is where they pulled it off. So it became their calling card and maybe they should've stuck to their guns.

Designing a game around Evil Cole can work but you probably would use Delsin instead. Unless you add a new any enemy type for Cole to face.

Doing a Kessler game could've been fun. He was the main villian of the first game. It would be like the recent metal gear entries. Exploring the past to get to the future kinda thing.
First off, I like Delsin, I don't see how anyone couldn't like him, he was a cool character, I especially liked his personality, and he was very fun to play as, my only problem with him was his concrete powers when he got them, they were okay, but they were missing one ability, you can't live capture with concrete, and you could only drain it from other DUPs, second off, it's not that there were problems with the evil choices, but no decent person is going to choose to play as a bad guy first, in a game where you can choose to be a hero, or a complete monster, me personally if I had to choose between a superhero game, or a supervillain game, yeah give me a superhero game any day of the week, it's one thing to watch a movie or something, like Brightburn, were the script gets flipped, but if that had been a game instead of a movie, I wouldn't have played it, I like doing good things in games, call me a goody two shoes if you want but that's just who I am, but if the game were to start with the main character as a bad guy and turn into a good guy, as the game progresses, I'd be down for that, I'm a sucker for a good redemption story, well technically I have played a game like that before, it was the force unleashed, but still a pretty good idea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

First off, I like Delsin, I don't see how anyone couldn't like him, he was a cool character, I especially liked his personality, and he was very fun to play as, my only problem with him was his concrete powers when he got them, they were okay, but they were missing one ability, you can't live capture with concrete, and you could only drain it from other DUPs, second off, it's not that there were problems with the evil choices, but no decent person is going to choose to play as a bad guy first, in a game where you can choose to be a hero, or a complete monster, me personally if I had to choose between a superhero game, or a supervillain game, yeah give me a superhero game any day of the week, it's one thing to watch a movie or something, like Brightburn, were the script gets flipped, but if that had been a game instead of a movie, I wouldn't have played it, I like doing good things in games, call me a goody two shoes if you want but that's just who I am, but if the game were to start with the main character as a bad guy and turn into a good guy, as the game progresses, I'd be down for that, I'm a sucker for a good redemption story, well technically I have played a game like that before, it was the force unleashed, but still a pretty good idea.
Trust me there are a lot of people wouldn't mind playing as a bad guy.

At the very least, playing as a bad guy gives you replay value. Even the Force Unleashed did multiple endings. It was just more poorly handled because it's just brought up at the end than having Starkiller make real choices throughout the campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:

vaderskywalker

Awards
rust me there are a lot of people wouldn't mind playing as a bad guy.
That's fair, but the point I was trying to make was, why do Second Son like this based around a player choice, they could have just done Second Son the way they wanted to, regardless of what the player picked.

D

Deleted member 246005

That's fair, but the point I was trying to make was, why do Second Son like this based around a player choice, they could have just done Second Son the way they wanted to, regardless of what the player picked.
They end up choosing one ending as canon anyway. It's more giving the player the option.

Choice and interactivity is what sets gaming apart as a storytelling medium. They thought it was worth exploring.

vaderskywalker

Awards
They end up choosing one ending as canon anyway. It's more giving the player the option.

Choice and interactivity is what sets gaming apart as a storytelling medium. They thought it was worth exploring.
I agree, it is worth exploring, but by doing that they ended up writing themselves into a corner, going by the ending of infamous 2 conduits are or should be extinct, but somehow their still around by Second Son, there are two theory's in the game during a phone conversation, both unconfirmed, one that states that the plaque wasn't cured, but mutated into a new version of the conduit gene or something like that, I can't remember clearly. it's been a few years since I saw that part of the game, as for the second theory, I can't remember that part Ethier, like I said it's been a few years, anyway, it would have been easier to do the bad ending, like maybe Delsin could have been a conduit that rebelled against Cole, actually you know what, no they did the right thing, otherwise it would have just been prototype 2 all over again, and the two game series have already been compared enough.

D

Deleted member 246005

I agree, it is worth exploring, but by doing that they ended up writing themselves into a corner, going by the ending of infamous 2 conduits are or should be extinct, but somehow their still around by Second Son, there are two theory's in the game during a phone conversation, both unconfirmed, one that states that the plaque wasn't cured, but mutated into a new version of the conduit gene or something like that, I can't remember clearly. it's been a few years since I saw that part of the game, as for the second theory, I can't remember that part Ethier, like I said it's been a few years, anyway, it would have been easier to do the bad ending, like maybe Delsin could have been a conduit that rebelled against Cole, actually you know what, no they did the right thing, otherwise it would have just been prototype 2 all over again, and the two game series have already been compared enough.
They could always do that for an Infamous 4. Delsin versus Evil Cole from an alternate timeline.

vaderskywalker

Awards
They could always do that for an Infamous 4. Delsin versus Evil Cole from an alternate timeline.
That would be cool, but again it would be copying prototype 2, and I'd actually rather see them team up, but that is unlikely.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I always wanted them to make another sequel to Infamous 2 exploring the other ending. I thought it would have been cool having another game beside Second Son thus making both endings canon in their own way.

D

Deleted member 246005

That would be cool, but again it would be copying prototype 2, and I'd actually rather see them team up, but that is unlikely.
Not really because they could do a multiverse story and time travel is a thing in these game.

There are options.

Back