• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you wish to see in the Lost Master(s) Arc?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
More development for the female characters.
This ^^^^ very much, and also not just by putting them through stuff and having them fight, but allowing them to exhibit emotions other than worry, sadness, or anger. Aqua went on a big adventure across Disney worlds and never once did I get the impression that she was having fun...

Guernsey

Awards
Kairi is also another example of this. It seems like she is in limbo.

Launchpad

Awards
Real training = meeting disney characters and whacking heartless to death until you unlock more abilities to whack bigger heartless to death

Fake training = sparring with another keyblade wielder, listening to the wizard, eating ice cream in the void

For real, if Sora and Riku are the top dogs despite literally only ever screwing around and getting themselves into trouble, then what use is hanging out at the "home base" and training? Kairi really should have just snuck off with Donald and Goofy to look for Sora behind the wizard's back, it'd be more in line with her character.

LoneFox

Awards
Real training = meeting disney characters and whacking heartless to death until you unlock more abilities to whack bigger heartless to death
Real training = play-fighting against your friends using wooden swords and various improvised weapon since (at least) age 4.
Because of this, both Sora and Riku had quite good idea what they were doing from the start. Of course, you can ask why Kairi didn't do the same as well...

Guernsey

Awards
I just wish Kairi gets her DDD, BBS or Re:coded style action game.

Launchpad

Awards
People in this thread are criticizing Kairi's training yet if you compare her fighting skills from kh2 to kh3, I think the answers speak for themselves. She can glide now, she can TELEPORT. Yeah, definitely worth it.
And yet, for whatever reason, she's yet again left behind to train, this time with Aqua. Because... training, guys!!!

In KH7 it'll all make sense, once Kairi is finally ready to REALLY set out and fight for herself..

Willow A113

Awards
And yet, for whatever reason, she's yet again left behind to train, this time with Aqua. Because... training, guys!!!

In KH7 it'll all make sense, once Kairi is finally ready to REALLY set out and fight for herself..
Yeah, I always thought that was weird. She's good enough- BETTER than good enough! The only reason to do this is to sideline her.

D

Deleted member 246005

A timeskip for Sora and the others. You could also dump in Kairi's training in there. Roxas, Xion and Namine need a new direction. You could do an amnesiac plot like Once Upon A Time.

The Organization are my favorites so I don't mind giving them a spinoff. I'm not fond of Marluxia being from the Union era but you could focus more on his time there and how he acclimated to the current era.

Demyx should be the new Pete- the comical villian. He should team up with Mortimer Mouse.

Last edited by a moderator:

AegisXIII

Awards
I hope they will start addressing more complex philosophical issues. Not black and white light vs darkness.
From the way MoM talks about false lights, I can see a lot of paralels with our own reality.
Also talking about darker stuffs like deaths, grief, regrets, etc... Anything that is a bit out of place with Disney actually.

D

Deleted member 246005

Type 0 and FF13 characters should pop up.

I wouldn't mind a remake of 1 and 2 with Noctis as the protagonist. He could travel through the live action remakes. You could use Gladio and Ignis as his Donald and Goofy. These could be a loose prequel to the events of 15 or Versus. Noct is in his 20s during 15 so these would be Noct as 12 or 15 etc.

A crossover with Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive with the remaining Organization members as the protagonists. The remaining Organization would be antiheroes so it's a chance for some more complexity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chie

Awards
I hope they will start addressing more complex philosophical issues. Not black and white light vs darkness.
From the way MoM talks about false lights, I can see a lot of paralels with our own reality.
Personally I think we are deep in that arc now. The whole series has been recontextualized by the X story to be about how human beings in their paranoia over a non-existent enemy called "darkness" doomed the world and created religion, which was the foundation for a conservative lineage- and succession-based society, controlled by arbitrary ranks and terms that have no actual meaning in reality.

So I guess what I truly wish to see, more than anything, is for the games to not shy away from actually criticizing people like Yen Sid and Eraqus, who represent and embody the very institution that the rest of the series reveals as a total sham. Either have Yen Sid himself agree that "Keyblade Master" doesn't mean anything or have the protagonists stop following his orders every game.

(Although not part of keyblade society, Ansem the Wise also fits with this group, being treated as a noble mentor character as of KH3 despite all of his past portrayals.)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Personally I think we are deep in that arc now. The whole series has been recontextualized by the X story to be about how human beings in their paranoia over a non-existent enemy called "darkness" doomed the world and created religion

In X Darkness is very much existent, though, more so than in most other eras.
Primordial Darkness is not only real and personified but thirteen-fold. Though, what happens after X inadvertently creating a new darkness and the optics on what is/isn't evil is absolutely a debate the narrative hinges on but what you take from UX isn't supposed to be "Darkness wasn't real"

Chie

Awards
but what you take from UX isn't supposed to be "Darkness wasn't real"
Those guys were absolutely not what the society was reacting to when it destroyed itself, though. That is what MoM is reacting to, but it doesn't figure into anyone else's lives until after the keyblade war - and indeed Luxu's report specifies that it "arrived". (Of course it literally existed beforehand to watch MoM write the book, but I know that.)

Or in other words, I think it's clear that "jumping at shadows" is a thing that X/X Back Cover is about even if something called Darkness literally exists. It's not like the keyblade wielders were told "there is an ancient enemy that lost its human form called Darkness, it can possess people, etc.", they were just told to defend the sacred pure light from the evil scary darkness, same as all wielders after them. Even Darkness wasn't originally darkness, so even that is just a name.

Or in other other words, I wasn't trying to describe the plot in detail.

Last edited:

Willow A113

Awards
Also talking about darker stuffs like deaths, grief, regrets, etc... Anything that is a bit out of place with Disney actually.
Lgbt representation and living parents are out of place for Disney. Make it more like Strange World, basically.

Guernsey

Awards
I really hope that when this story arc ends that we get a "proper" ending and not have that rushed feeling that we got in III.

D

Deleted member 246005

Noel and Serah travel with the Ducktales as bodyguards.

Back