• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► The Little Mermaid Live Action Remake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Looks like a promising cast. Was hoping for Idris Elba for Triton like Ballad of Caius but I think Javier will do great job. Looking forward to the teaser cause I really want to see Atlantica in live action

NoWay

Awards
I really wonder how Melissa McCarthy can be the devil that is Ursula? I mean I really like Melissa McCarthy she’s like one of the cutest and funniest actresses in Hollywood. :LOL:
I’m really looking forward to see her as Ursula.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I really wonder how Melissa McCarthy can be the devil that is Ursula? I mean I really like Melissa McCarthy she’s like one of the cutest and funniest actresses in Hollywood. :LOL:
Some of her comedic roles have been about being a prick, like in that movie where she stole a guy's identity and the one she stars with Sandra Bullock as a mean cop. It's a matter of transferring the prick bits into something more evil.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I think she’s a great actress that can definitely do evil very well if allowed. The Kitchen definitely sold me on her ability to do more than comedy.

Lulcy

Awards
Noma Dumezweni joins the cast of The Little Mermaid live-action, it is unknown who Dumezweni will be playing other then it will be a brand new role that wasn’t in the animated movie.

220px-Noma_Dumezweni_Out_of_Darkness.jpg

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'm not joking, anybody who says a single racist thing will get banned. There's no discussion about it, Popper's Paradox Time, we gave you all far too much slack years ago and I wasn't for it then and I'm not for it now.

Barrett

Awards
I was there at the presentation when they showed the full song. She absolutely nailed it. Not only with how she sings, but also how she portrays the character in general. She is Ariel.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Just wanted to say that audio has leaked online of Halle Bailey's full performance and it's VERY good. Not as good as the original, of course, but nobody could match that, it's still great.

I won't post links that may be illegal (?), but just wanted to put that there so others could seek it out if they want.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I hate the aesthetic, but that's my opinion of all the live action remakes. They lose all the vibrance and colour of the animated films, and instead feel dull and darker.

I'm curious to see how they will pull off "Under The Sea" because I seriously doubt it will be as fun/colourful as the animated one or even the version in KH2 (if "Prince Ali" from the live action version is anything to go by).

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I already knew I was probably going to dislike some of the redesign, because that has been the case for every one of these live-actions. The way they embellished the tail is just how they would do it for a Broadway musical. It's kinda hokey. Like, let's add more ruffles (a la to Flora from Sleeping Beauty) and call it fins. But I'm at peace with it, because that's just how it's going to be, and I will always prefer the animated classics.

That being said, I have NEVER been more excited to go to a theater and see one of these cash grabs (and probably never will be). Halle Bailey knocked it out of the park with that little snippet. Thank Belzebub we have someone who can really sing for this role. Sorry, but Emma Watson as Belle singing with autotune was blood-curdling.

I cannot wait to take all my nieces (and nephews if they are willing) to see this.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Actually, is Ariel biracial in this movie? I've noticed King Triton isn't played by a black actor.

Back