• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disney announces Disney & Marvel Games Showcase at D23 Expo 2022

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Fwiw, I don’t think Nomura has ever said anything to the effect of “no news till 2023.” He’s been much more ambiguous.

At the 20th Anniversary event he said: “Can't say much about the game right now. It was only shown early to avoid leaks, so there won't be any more news for a while. There won't be any news on KH at E3 either.”

And in the April Famitsu interview he said “KHIV's development is being prioritized, and we don't have plans to release additional info for a while.”

Pretty sure that’s it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Fwiw, I don’t think Nomura has ever said anything to the effect of “no news till 2023.” He’s been much more ambiguous.

At the 20th Anniversary event he said: “Can't say much about the game right now. It was only shown early to avoid leaks, so there won't be any more news for a while. There won't be any news on KH at E3 either.”

And in the April Famitsu interview he said “KHIV's development is being prioritized, and we don't have plans to release additional info for a while.”

Pretty sure that’s it.
Yeah I think that's right.

It's the annoying part about what "a while" means to Nomura versus what it means to us.

To me, almost half a year has been "a while" but to him and management's schedules it could mean like April 2023 or something. I know why a more defined time frame would have been tough to nail down since they were in the stages of exporting from UE4 and importing to UE5 but it would have been nice to have a rough time period to look forward to.

Awards
Ok so I'm not expecting any Kingdom Hearts announcements at this show, but based on what was shown in the teaser and games that are known to be in development, I've compiled a list of what I think we'll see.

Disney and Pixar:
Dreamlight Valley (seen in the teaser and name-dropped in the announcement)
Disney Speedstorm (also seen in the teaser)
Disney Mirrorverse (same as the others)
I don't know if we'll see anything else, but maybe more mobile games if anything.

Lucasfilm Games:
Lego Skywalker Saga (in the teaser)
Because the name of the showcase is Disney & Marvel, I'm not expecting anything else from Lucasfilm. I'd love to see more of Star Wars Jedi:Survivor and there's plenty of other Star Wars games not to mention the Indiana Jones game, but again it's specifically the Disney & Marvel Games Showcase so I think Lucasfilm and 20th Century will be in the minority.

20th Century Games:
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (shown in the teaser)
Aliens: Dark Descent (same as above)
That's probably all we'll get from 20th Century. There's another Alien game in development but I don't think that one is far enough into it's development cycle to be shown yet. The only other thing we might get is the announcement of a new Simpsons game.

Marvel Games:
Midnight Suns (in the teaser)
Amy Hennig's Marvel Ensemble Game (seemingly the big announcement that they're betting on to sell the entire showcase)
Again this is the Disney & Marvel showcase so I expect a greater emphasis on Marvel than the other two. As for what we can expect, I really don't know. Spider-man 2 would be a safe bet, but Sony will likely save it for a State of Play and probably not until after God of War:Ragnarok's release (that goes double for Wolverine). We could get reveals for the rumored Black Panther and Iron Man games from EA, the long rumored Marvel fighter from Netherrealm, or maybe some surprises like Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, Doctor Strange etc. There's also mobile games but I'm not gonna get into that right now.

P.S. One major thing that could determine how much we actually get from this is the runtime. As far as I know, nothing was said about how long it will be so it's really hard to figure out how much or how little we're going to see. It could be an hour long show (or maybe even shorter), or it could be an epic multi-hour event. If I had to guess I'd say it will probably be the former but who knows.
Wow I was way off wasn't I😅
If the poster is indeed teasing what will be announced, then all of my attention is on the Identity Disc.
That Tron game was not what I had in mind 😕

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If I was the betting type I'd say TGS is at least a lost cause at this point for any news at all.
I stopped betting on it when the schedule came out. They've already for FFVII Rebirth, FFXVI, and Forspoken there, alongside Crisis Core, Dragon Quest, and way more.

I know there's been questioning on in Rebirth and XVI trailers would be new or if they'd show old ones, but if old trailers were being shown why not throw the old KH4 trailer in there too? Boost their profile up with another heavy hitter.

Awards
I stopped betting on it when the schedule came out. They've already for FFVII Rebirth, FFXVI, and Forspoken there, alongside Crisis Core, Dragon Quest, and way more.

I know there's been questioning on in Rebirth and XVI trailers would be new or if they'd show old ones, but if old trailers were being shown why not throw the old KH4 trailer in there too? Boost their profile up with another heavy hitter.
Nah, people don't give a crap about KH4! They wanna see Forspoken! That's what the people want!

Also about the "a while" thing, I think the December KH3 leak got to him if he thinks revealing the game early and being vague about when we'd see it again will deter leaks when outside of the two big KH3 leaks[Monsters Inc and the December leak], leakers who don't make shit up don't really seem to give a shit about KH at all.

SuperNova

Awards
Nomura was burned pretty badly by the December KH3 leak that is true, but I can see why people are hyping themselves up for D23 TGS and now Jump Festa for ANY news. Since Nomura said "A while" and did not directly say "No more news for 2022."

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nah, people don't give a crap about KH4! They wanna see Forspoken! That's what the people want!

Also about the "a while" thing, I think the December KH3 leak got to him if he thinks revealing the game early and being vague about when we'd see it again will deter leaks when outside of the two big KH3 leaks[Monsters Inc and the December leak], leakers who don't make shit up don't really seem to give a shit about KH at all.
I do wanna see Forspoken though 😔

NoWay

Awards
After the KH3 promo cycle I totally forgot about all the Japanese game events. TGS has always been in September and Jump Festa in December, right?
Than maybe we could totally see something during Jump Festa.

Back