• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Disney announces Disney & Marvel Games Showcase at D23 Expo 2022

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Ok so I'm not expecting any Kingdom Hearts announcements at this show, but based on what was shown in the teaser and games that are known to be in development, I've compiled a list of what I think we'll see.

Disney and Pixar:
Dreamlight Valley (seen in the teaser and name-dropped in the announcement)
Disney Speedstorm (also seen in the teaser)
Disney Mirrorverse (same as the others)
I don't know if we'll see anything else, but maybe more mobile games if anything.

Lucasfilm Games:
Lego Skywalker Saga (in the teaser)
Because the name of the showcase is Disney & Marvel, I'm not expecting anything else from Lucasfilm. I'd love to see more of Star Wars Jedi:Survivor and there's plenty of other Star Wars games not to mention the Indiana Jones game, but again it's specifically the Disney & Marvel Games Showcase so I think Lucasfilm and 20th Century will be in the minority.

20th Century Games:
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (shown in the teaser)
Aliens: Dark Descent (same as above)
That's probably all we'll get from 20th Century. There's another Alien game in development but I don't think that one is far enough into it's development cycle to be shown yet. The only other thing we might get is the announcement of a new Simpsons game.

Marvel Games:
Midnight Suns (in the teaser)
Amy Hennig's Marvel Ensemble Game (seemingly the big announcement that they're betting on to sell the entire showcase)
Again this is the Disney & Marvel showcase so I expect a greater emphasis on Marvel than the other two. As for what we can expect, I really don't know. Spider-man 2 would be a safe bet, but Sony will likely save it for a State of Play and probably not until after God of War:Ragnarok's release (that goes double for Wolverine). We could get reveals for the rumored Black Panther and Iron Man games from EA, the long rumored Marvel fighter from Netherrealm, or maybe some surprises like Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, Doctor Strange etc. There's also mobile games but I'm not gonna get into that right now.

P.S. One major thing that could determine how much we actually get from this is the runtime. As far as I know, nothing was said about how long it will be so it's really hard to figure out how much or how little we're going to see. It could be an hour long show (or maybe even shorter), or it could be an epic multi-hour event. If I had to guess I'd say it will probably be the former but who knows.

Barrett

Awards
P.S. One major thing that could determine how much we actually get from this is the runtime. As far as I know, nothing was said about how long it will be so it's really hard to figure out how much or how little we're going to see. It could be an hour long show (or maybe even shorter), or it could be an epic multi-hour event. If I had to guess I'd say it will probably be the former but who knows.
The D23 Expo 2022 app shows that the presentation runs from 1pm PST to 2:30pm PST.
112692E9-F82A-46A2-8E18-7AD1B4F84D12.jpeg

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Ok so I'm not expecting any Kingdom Hearts announcements at this show, but based on what was shown in the teaser and games that are known to be in development, I've compiled a list of what I think we'll see.

Disney and Pixar:
Dreamlight Valley (seen in the teaser and name-dropped in the announcement)
Disney Speedstorm (also seen in the teaser)
Disney Mirrorverse (same as the others)
I don't know if we'll see anything else, but maybe more mobile games if anything.
Boy, core Disney games got sad after Epic Mickey & Infinity died.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The D23 Expo 2022 app shows that the presentation runs from 1pm PST to 2:30pm PST.
View attachment 15628
90 minutes is pretty hefty. The level up showcase was 75 minutes and the majority of it was interviews on the stage.

I think they showed off 6 games back then - BattleFront II, Jedi Challenge AR, Spider-Man (2018), Lego Marvel 2, Marvel Power's United VR, Kingdom Hearts III.

We already know of several games for this showcase, so regardless it should be a good showcase.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Apologies for double post

Fa430ijUIAASmS-

Kingdom Key next to Oswald

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Ok, I am just now realizing that's Condorman flying between Slave 1 Boba Fett's and Mando's ships. If that ain't proof the poster isn't reflective of what's being showcased then I don't what is because Disney sure ain't gonna do squat with him.

blank points

Awards
Ok, I am just now realizing that's Condorman flying between Slave 1 Boba Fett's and Mando's ships. If that ain't proof the poster isn't reflective of what's being showcased then I don't what is because Disney sure ain't gonna do squat with him.
That's Gonzo from the Muppets. Pretty sure Disney has long forgotten Condorman by this point lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The wings as well, there was a disc that could bring them into all three games. And there was a Condorman toy in one of the Toy Story shorts. Condorman lives on.... barely.

Awards
If the poster is indeed teasing what will be announced, then all of my attention is on the Identity Disc.

blank points

Awards
The theme song got into DI, so someone remembered.
The wings as well, there was a disc that could bring them into all three games. And there was a Condorman toy in one of the Toy Story shorts. Condorman lives on.... barely.
Huh, I actually did not know this. I never played DI though, so that's why. It's definitely interesting, seeing as it seems that it was one of those movies Disney wanted to forget.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If the poster is indeed teasing what will be announced, then all of my attention is on the Identity Disc.
While I wouldn't read into the poster, TRON has a panel at D23 this year

Back to the Grid: 40 Years of TRON presented by Enterprise
Sunday, September 11, 12 p.m., Backlot Stage

Lightcycles, recognizers, and solar sails, oh my! Join us for a look back at Tron, featuring artwork, footage, and photographs from the digital frontier. Hear behind-the-scenes stories of how the film came to life with talent, artists, and filmmakers—and dive into the continuous impact of this groundbreaking film.

Katsagu

Awards
Not expecting much out of this. But hoping for at the very least a Missing Link trailer. After DR end I'm more interested in that.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
The three things I'm hoping for:

-Missing Link beta date announcement/trailer

-Lego Star Wars: Clone Wars Story DLC Pack

-Lego Disney teaser (apparently this is the next Lego game that will release)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Gamespot's reporting EA's Iron Man game will be shown. Athem team developing. Unfortunately for us, there's so many potential "& 1 more thing" type reveals to close this out that KH might not be necessary.

Last edited:
Back