• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The character that you hope to explore more of their story in the new Saga?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Barrett

Awards
I might sound really, really basic for this, but...

Sora, Riku, and Kairi... as a trio. I just really want more of what we had at the beginning of KH1 and it sucks that we don't get to see a lot more of that.

In terms of other characters, I'd go with Luxord, Aced, and Vor since those are the characters I'm most interested in with their respective groups.

MoonRabbit

Awards
The Foretellers are interesting to me and, unlike Ephemer and Skuld, I actually think Nomura always intended for them to come back and play an active role after KH3. I can’t really say I like all of the Dandelion stuff or how it feels so shoehorned. I think Ephemer and Skuld should have stayed in the ancient past and Lauriam, Elrena, and Ven should have had their backstories stay in the present.

Anyways, I am interested in Sora’s story, but the main reason is because I‘m hoping he won’t be brought back. If Nomura is taking him to a world with Versus XIII vibes, then commit to that. Don’t do a fantastical Disney ending where everything ends up okay with Fairy godmother magic. You can’t just believe your way out of everything. Sora is dead. Everyone needs to grow up and accept that. Have some balls and make the story more realistic. Things change, friends grow apart. That’s just part of life. Otherwise, there was no point for KH3 to end how it did and it was just a cheap fake out.

I WAS interested in Lea and Isa, but I couldn’t care less about Subject X. When KH3 revealed that their whole motivation was to find her, it felt really forced. I’m not even sure if that’s going to be an actual subplot in the future or if it was just something to handwave away Axel and Saix’s morally questionable actions. Oh yeah, you know how Axel did all Saix’s dirty work and carried out hits on people? It was all for a long lost friend they never mentioned before. Yeah they spoke to her a few times as a kid and she probably did exist. Saix (despite being a sociopath who didn’t believe Nobodies could even be friends) reaaaaally cared about this friend. Yup. Very believable. :rolleyes:

Call me crazy, but I always got the sense that Axel and Saix were the ones experimented on. Because both were pretty messed up dudes. Saix needs no explanation. His nastiness, him being Norted, his X-scar, his lunatic trait. And Axel seemed to enjoy killing Vexen and Zexion a liiiittle too much. Especially Vexen, he burned that mofo alive. You can tell he would have enjoyed killing Namine, too. He was a merciless assassin until he met Roxas and Xion. Axel wasn’t evil, so that sociopathic behavior makes more sense if he experienced severe trauma in his past. And he was also a 26 year old man trying to be best friends with a 14 year old kid, which is a sign of arrested development. It also explained his tear marks and being a “crybaby”. Yeah, Axel needed a lot of therapy.

I wasn’t very happy to learn that the test subject was a retconned Dandelion girl. The human experimentation plot just felt waaaaaay more suited to the Dark Seeker Saga anyway. In KH3D, Xemnas mentioned mind control, we know he wanted to turn people into empty puppets to put his heart and mind in. The X sigil = death. IMO, the experiments were really watered down by making them all about Dandelion girl’s memories. It made it seem like Lea and Isa weren’t directly involved in the horrors of the experiments, but were just bystanders to something way more mild. The biggest thing they had going for them was their tragic dark effed up past. Without that, there’s nothing interesting to explore about them. You might as well bench them.

KastleS1

Awards
For me, It would be the Wayfinder trio. BBS is my favorite non number game. As for the others, I like Lea but never connected with Xion. Roxas is cool and I would rather see another Solo game in the style of 358/2 but AAA and on console. Like a Crisis Core style setting but KH game.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Call me crazy, but I always got the sense that Axel and Saix were the ones experimented on. Because both were pretty messed up dudes. Saix needs no explanation. His nastiness, him being Norted, his X-scar, his lunatic trait. And Axel seemed to enjoy killing Vexen and Zexion a liiiittle too much. Especially Vexen, he burned that mofo alive. You can tell he would have enjoyed killing Namine, too. He was a merciless assassin until he met Roxas and Xion. Axel wasn’t evil, so that sociopathic behavior makes more sense if he experienced severe trauma in his past. And he was also a 26 year old man trying to be best friends with a 14 year old kid, which is a sign of arrested development. It also explained his tear marks and being a “crybaby”. Yeah, Axel needed a lot of therapy.
I always thought they were the ones experimented on, too, for the same reasons you listed. I'm still interested in seeing more of Isa, but I admit the addition of a female character where there was none because Nomura became obsessed with trios around 2010 is very annoying.

MoonRabbit

Awards
I always thought they were the ones experimented on, too, for the same reasons you listed. I'm still interested in seeing more of Isa, but I admit the addition of a female character where there was none because Nomura became obsessed with trios around 2010 is very annoying.
If they were going to make Lea/Isa a trio, at least make the third member be Kairi! The potential storytelling opportunities with that combination were far more interesting. And there were subtle hints that Kairi had been a test subject ever since KH1.

I am still interested in seeing more of Isa, too. Nomura said recently that they were gonna expand on his backstory and explain how he got his scar. I am really hoping that, after they became apprentices, it's revealed that Isa was experimented on. IMO, it's really the only way to salvage his character. And it's way too perfect of a storytelling opportunity to just waste. I doubt that story will be relevant to the new saga, though. It's something that really should have been explored in the DSS. If it's ever shown, it'll most likely be in Missing Link.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
If they were going to make Lea/Isa a trio, at least make the third member be Kairi! The potential storytelling opportunities with that combination were far more interesting. And there were subtle hints that Kairi had been a test subject ever since KH1.

I am still interested in seeing more of Isa, too. Nomura said recently that they were gonna expand on his backstory and explain how he got his scar. I am really hoping that, after they became apprentices, it's revealed that Isa was experimented on. IMO, it's really the only way to salvage his character. And it's way too perfect of a storytelling opportunity to just waste. I doubt that story will be relevant to the new saga, though. It's something that really should have been explored in the DSS. If it's ever shown, it'll most likely be in Missing Link.
Kairi has more connection with Lea than Riku, so... But I still hate Kairi, so I wouldn't want that either.

I think Isa's character has already been salvaged, personally, considering he was a Nobody at the time. His callousness was pretty similar to Larxene, Xaldin, Vexen, and even Axel pre-Roxas / Xion. I don't believe suffering can make a character better or worse so much as a change of mind / heart which Isa exhibited in 3, it's just being experimented on is what I always thought the story implied about the both of them in BbS.

MoonRabbit

Awards
I think Isa's character has already been salvaged, personally, considering he was a Nobody at the time. His callousness was pretty similar to Larxene, Xaldin, Vexen, and even Axel pre-Roxas / Xion. I don't believe suffering can make a character better or worse so much as a change of mind / heart which Isa exhibited in 3, it's just being experimented on is what I always thought the story implied about the both of them in BbS.
For me personally, KH3 utterly destroyed him from a writing standpoint. There were all these hints and foreshadowing that he was not a normal Nobody like Larxene, Vexen, etc. The whole idea behind Isa/Saix was that they were complete opposites. That's what made the character so interesting to me in the first place. The Mystery Gear "draws forth its wielder's personality". And Saix's was...a bunny rabbit?

In BBS, Isa was wearing that same crescent moon symbol from Saix's Mystery Gear. And he had a completely different personality than Saix. Just like Axel said in his secret report, he had completely changed. Then we found out he was Norted. It was SUCH an interesting twist. I was dying to learn more about his backstory and what Isa's actual personality was like. DDD was building up a story where Lea would bring back Isa's heart using his new Keyblade. And then...nothing.

Guernsey

Awards
For me personally, KH3 utterly destroyed him from a writing standpoint. There were all these hints and foreshadowing that he was not a normal Nobody like Larxene, Vexen, etc. The whole idea behind Isa/Saix was that they were complete opposites. That's what made the character so interesting to me in the first place. The Mystery Gear "draws forth its wielder's personality". And Saix's was...a bunny rabbit?

In BBS, Isa was wearing that same crescent moon symbol from Saix's Mystery Gear. And he had a completely different personality than Saix. Just like Axel said in his secret report, he had completely changed. Then we found out he was Norted. It was SUCH an interesting twist. I was dying to learn more about his backstory and what Isa's actual personality was like. DDD was building up a story where Lea would bring back Isa's heart using his new Keyblade. And then...nothing.
And then you add in Subject X. Saix's story was goond on paper but it feels like it was missing a few pieces to make it coherent.

Back