• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nearly two decades nostalgia

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was reminiscing about my old internet days. I joined Jan 20th in 2004. That's such a long time ago that I don't think 13 year old me could ever see what I have become now. I went to college, I'm a published writer.

I was thinking about this place, though. The good and the bad, thinking about how many good people I've met here. The #junes crew, some of which I was lucky to meet in person. Clicking around old friends' profiles, I saw Tsukasa's post and decided to post my own.

To any of you that consider me a friend from this little corner of the internet, thank you. You guys have gotten me through a lot of hard stuff when I was a kid, some of you still talk to me today and I'm so thankful to still have you in my life. We were lucky to have each other and grow up together. Y'all probably kept me out of a lot of trouble being as stupid as I was. Thanks for that.

If any of you play FFXIV on aether, you'll find me on Nami Alenitra. If you have discord, feel free to reach out Annoyance#2632. Just be sure to tell me who you were on KHI when we were active.

I hope y'all're doing well wherever you are.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
never thought I'd see kairi_angel/ninja usagi back on here, it's good to hear from you and glad to see that you're well.

I feel it only necessary to let ya know the #junes crew were probably some of the biggest cyber bullies on this forum for years, while I appreciated some of the pranks it didn't really add much in the way of developing over the internet other than cringe. In the same breath, members from that crew pushed for KHI Mailbag, HoTH, and KHI Sings so you kinda took the good with the bad really. (Also we got Shamedo's Anomaly outta that team)

Darien btw, my old usernames that you'd probably remember were KHProdigy1, MasterofSinOblivion, Kissui Tensai (KenT) and iProd. I almost never left the old graphics section when we had more resident artist and media enthusiasts. Pre-Social Media boom KHI was best KHI.

Whenever I see an "old head" pop up on here I try to direct them to this thread so you can post any existing contacts or socials you can be reached on so people can re-connect with people they talked to on here whenever they make their way back.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
never thought I'd see kairi_angel/ninja usagi back on here, it's good to hear from you and glad to see that you're well.

I feel it only necessary to let ya know the #junes crew were probably some of the biggest cyber bullies on this forum for years, while I appreciated some of the pranks it didn't really add much in the way of developing over the internet other than cringe. In the same breath, members from that crew pushed for KHI Mailbag, HoTH, and KHI Sings so you kinda took the good with the bad really. (Also we got Shamedo's Anomaly outta that team)

Darien btw, my old usernames that you'd probably remember were KHProdigy1, MasterofSinOblivion, Kissui Tensai (KenT) and iProd. I almost never left the old graphics section when we had more resident artist and media enthusiasts. Pre-Social Media boom KHI was best KHI.

Whenever I see an "old head" pop up on here I try to direct them to this thread so you can post any existing contacts or socials you can be reached on so people can re-connect with people they talked to on here whenever they make their way back.
Oh believe me I'm aware of the bullies. Some of them put me through a lot more than I should have been at that age, but also in the same breath, a lot of them were there for me during some really hard stuff. Think there's mostly just one regular among them that I'd be thankful to never speak to again (Sam). If he for some reason sees this, please do not engage with me, Sam. I am not interested.

But... yes. It's a mixed bag, and most of #junes has grown up. I only reconnected with them as a collected chat again after Chris (TMM)'s untimely death in 2020. I don't want to get into it, but it shook things up a little bit for all of us, put things in perspective. I managed to meet Ty (Silh) in 2021 when I was in Vegas and it was really nice. I've met Rey (Vice) twice now I think, Izayoi, and Jenni (who actually helped me finish a fanfic recently lmao). I'm really thankful for the good memories, and at this point in my life, they overweigh the bad.

Thank you for the thread, also, I'll post my stuff there for sure.
Edit: I cannot post a reply. Rip.

But yes, if you wanna find me, my links are in my sig.

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Also returning with a hot take, HotH was probably the worst idea we did here as a community because we had kids competing against full grown adults most of the time and it got Weird. Definitely created some hang ups for me while I was still figuring out that I was capable of being hot. lmaoooo

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Thanks for your post. It's always good to hear from "old" folks and I didn't know about TMM passing away. Glad things seem to be going well for you and congratulations on being published!
Also returning with a hot take, HotH was probably the worst idea we did here as a community because we had kids competing against full grown adults most of the time and it got Weird. Definitely created some hang ups for me while I was still figuring out that I was capable of being hot. lmaoooo
Truly a strange time to be on this site.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thanks for your post. It's always good to hear from "old" folks and I didn't know about TMM passing away. Glad things seem to be going well for you and congratulations on being published!

Truly a strange time to be on this site.
Thanks! And yeah, it kinda hit us like a train. I didn't even know for a month after the fact due to how Facebook likes to hide "negative" posts. Horrid website.

And don't get me wrong, things are... Okay. I'm still kinda dealing with bs due to being unemployed and carless but hey my bachelor's degree is shiny. ;w;

And I will be fair that HotH coulda went waaay worse from things I've seen in my travels. We had it good on this niche lil space. Just a shame forums had to kinda die out with reddit and discord as the natural progression of things.

Soldier

Awards
Perhaps I shouldn't ask this, but what was the #Junes group? Were they the ones using this forum for reasons unrelated to KH?

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I was part of the "middle" era group of forum-goers, right around the time of DDD and the beginning looong wait for KH3. There were a lot of forum shenanigans around then, friends being silly and a general restlessness around as we waited and theorized over every little scrap of news or rumor.

Good to see some of the old guard make an appearance! I'm rarely on here anymore, as real life has taken a vicelike grip on my time. That and my expanding interests as we await KH4. I do play FFXIV, Crystal server, Coeurl. Midnight Bloom is my character. I'm planning a visit to Aether at some point for a couple buddies of mine, so I might drop a hello!

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Perhaps I shouldn't ask this, but what was the #Junes group? Were they the ones using this forum for reasons unrelated to KH?
Yes though most of us came initially as fans (one or two did not). We just really liked having a chat room for us to connect. Eventually we all grew up, maybe didn't hate KH, but our obsessions and focuses changed with us. But we had community here, some of us worked here, we had friends here.

I also don't know who you are but I have an inkling.
I was part of the "middle" era group of forum-goers, right around the time of DDD and the beginning looong wait for KH3. There were a lot of forum shenanigans around then, friends being silly and a general restlessness around as we waited and theorized over every little scrap of news or rumor.

Good to see some of the old guard make an appearance! I'm rarely on here anymore, as real life has taken a vicelike grip on my time. That and my expanding interests as we await KH4. I do play FFXIV, Crystal server, Coeurl. Midnight Bloom is my character. I'm planning a visit to Aether at some point for a couple buddies of mine, so I might drop a hello!
Yeah, now I'm doing the same thing doing conspiracy boards for FFXIV's story lmao. Some things don't change, just shift. It's nice to see you.

Soldier

Awards
Yes though most of us came initially as fans (one or two did not). We just really liked having a chat room for us to connect. Eventually we all grew up, maybe didn't hate KH, but our obsessions and focuses changed with us. But we had community here, some of us worked here, we had friends here.

I also don't know who you are but I have an inkling.

Yeah, now I'm doing the same thing doing conspiracy boards for FFXIV's story lmao. Some things don't change, just shift. It's nice to see you.
Oh me? yeah you probably wouldn't remember me. As you can probably tell by my join date this forum was well into its midpoint. I'd post a few theories here and there (the most infamous being the green ghosts of monstro) and discuss my frustrations with how Nomura is taking the series in a direction I don't think it should. Not sure if you posted on any of my threads, though it is possible.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh me? yeah you probably wouldn't remember me. As you can probably tell by my join date this forum was well into its midpoint. I'd post a few theories here and there (the most infamous being the green ghosts of monstro) and discuss my frustrations with how Nomura is taking the series in a direction I don't think it should. Not sure if you posted on any of my threads, though it is possible.
Ah, most likely not then. I left pretty much around 2015/2016 when I started going to college finally. I mostly kept to the writing section toward the end. During my most frequent visits I stayed out of the KH section because I just absorbed what was going on with the KH story through osmosis. I haven't played a game since 2 when it came out, but fell more into FF games, which became a secondary focus of this place, at least for a short while.

Soldier

Awards
Ah, most likely not then. I left pretty much around 2015/2016 when I started going to college finally. I mostly kept to the writing section toward the end. During my most frequent visits I stayed out of the KH section because I just absorbed what was going on with the KH story through osmosis. I haven't played a game since 2 when it came out, but fell more into FF games, which became a secondary focus of this place, at least for a short while.
I didn't know you could understand the story through osmosis, I learned it all the hard way.

Either way, welcome back even if you don't intend on sticking around for long.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
What was HotH?

I joined back in 2006/2007, but I didn't really post a lot, but I read all the theories and loved the sigs/artwork the forum had.

I'm glad that you're doing well.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What was HotH?

I joined back in 2006/2007, but I didn't really post a lot, but I read all the theories and loved the sigs/artwork the forum had.

I'm glad that you're doing well.
It was a contest that people would enter to have their selfies go against other peoples' selfies in a ranked voting match to see who was the hottest among us. Usually adults would win if memory serves, at least, but not always. Problematic in the sense that it was not only a popularity contest, but also it was mostly minors competing since this site was populated primarily by teenagers, I think it'd be safe to say. Going on a guess, I'd probably say 13-19 is the average age of the usual userbase here at any given time, especially in the bigger years.

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
It was a contest that people would enter to have their selfies go against other peoples' selfies in a ranked voting match to see who was the hottest among us. Usually adults would win if memory serves, at least, but not always. Problematic in the sense that it was not only a popularity contest, but also it was mostly minors competing since this site was populated primarily by teenagers, I think it'd be safe to say. Going on a guess, I'd probably say 13-19 is the average age of the usual userbase here at any given time, especially in the bigger years.
Hmm, I don’t know if I remember that time of the forum. Probably for the best as that does sound problematic to say the least lol.

I do remember us also posting our selfies just to share what we looked like though. I thought that was fun once I got the courage to post mine lol.

I joined back in 2006, and maaan the time between KH2 and KH3 with all the speculation and theories was the absolute best time. Some of the plots that members came up with on here, I would daresay were better than the KH3 storyline, but neither here nor there lol.

Yeah I’m not sure what the #junes crew is or what that means, but it’s great to see people coming on here still that joined back when I did! Figured I’d be the only one.

Last edited:

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Hahaha..yeah. It was definitely up there.

Also, howdy.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Hey HB. Hope you're doing well. It's been a damn while.
All good, yeah. Keeping busy with work and family.

Had no idea #junes got back together. I get nostalgia kicks from time to time, usually from reorganizing old screenshots and such, but that was so long ago at this point.

Back