• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts V-CAST Game Files Ripped

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Tauxsin

Awards
So, I have a G'zOne C751. How exactly could I get the game running on it?

DaGuAr

Awards
One thing we could do is go into every single Youtube video about V-Cast (or reddit threads), look in the comments those who say something like "I played this game" or "I remember playing this" (and they don't mention Agrabah or Maleficent's Castle, so it's more likely that they had to stop at Wonderland) and asking them something like this:
Hi! Any chance you still have the phone with the game on it?
People are looking for the Wonderland episode. If it's still in there, it's possible to extract its data to preserve it.​

It's very desperate, but we shouldn't ignore any potential leads. Most people would not respond, or they'd say that they don't have the phone anymore, but if we're lucky, there's still the possibility that someone still has the phone stored on a box and it's not aware that the game can be extracted and might even try something. We have nothing to lose and it will increment awareness.

Soldier

Awards

kraze1984

Awards
Gamersjoint did run a commentary video on the collection of gameplay videos on the game recently.

Incidentally, I released today the full gameplay with BIG FONTS and FIXED SOUNDS (and poorly chosen soundtrack) from the Zeebo.

Last edited:

Sven Cakemann

Awards
1654899132446.png
Does anyone have a link to a working M3G viewer? I found one called, appropriately, M3GViewer but it runs on an old version of Java, and nothing I do seems to load the 3D viewer for the files (and it refuses to load some m3gs).

Last edited:

Tauxsin

Awards
Hey, everybody! In case you haven't seen the most recent video Kraze posted (the long play), he needs help with funding. He's in Ukraine, and needs support for the gear he needs for his job. He's done so much for this game (and plenty of others), I figured I should at least try to spread this among people who know the work he's doing!

Check it out here: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/f21lU1

Last edited:

Neo_

Awards
Do we know what characters appeared in Wonderland? Just the Caterpillar and card soldiers?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Do we know what characters appeared in Wonderland? Just the Caterpillar and card soldiers?
I don't really know anything about it past the caterpillar being there. Like who/what was even the boss?

Tauxsin

Awards
I don't think you can, as I don't remember seeing a firmware for it in the wild. Try with a Ravine 2.
I do have a Ravine 2 as well. How exactly do I go about getting the game running on the phone?

Soldier

Awards
I don't really know anything about it past the caterpillar being there. Like who/what was even the boss?
Some people have mentioned and I kid you not, the boss being a large pink crocodile. Whether or not that WAS the boss we'll never know until we've found the wonderland episode and put it in the program.

In other news, I joined Regular Pat's (an up and coming KH YouTuber who doesn't do shady stuff like TheGamersJoint) discord server and plan to ask a few of them there if they've got it, or at least could assist in the search. With any luck I might be able to get the YouTuber himself to join in.

DaGuAr

Awards
We have actually seen the crocodile on Superscape's official channel

Here's the scenes that should take place in Wonderland's chapter (since they are the ones we haven't seen yet)
fIgmiOc.png

Soldier

Awards
We have actually seen the crocodile on Superscape's official channel

Here's the scenes that should take place in Wonderland's chapter (since they are the ones we haven't seen yet)
fIgmiOc.png
When you realize an old phone game from the early 2000's has more Disney bosses in it than KH 3, what a world we live in.

Also our effort was mentioned on a channel by the name of All Things Lost, we're getting the word out there folks, I even posted about our efforts on the video (I'm Ricky Davis by the way).

DaGuAr

Awards
Oh, didn't see this edit.

Does anyone have a link to a working M3G viewer? I found one called, appropriately, M3GViewer but it runs on an old version of Java, and nothing I do seems to load the 3D viewer for the files (and it refuses to load some m3gs).

In 2016 I downloaded M3G Toolkit (tk_m3gtk_v4_5.zip) but it seems it vanished from the face of earth.
I reuploaded it since I can't find ANY working links anymore.

I think the M3Gs that can't be opened are because they have the "»SWERVE«" header, instead of "«JSR184»".

island_barrel.m3g​
island_cave.m3g​
island_exit.m3g​
island_raft.m3g​
island_top.m3g​
island_tower.m3g​
ripples.m3g​
chest.m3g​
training.m3g​
training_part1.m3g​
training_part2.m3g​
agrabah_bandit.m3g​
agrabah_cow.m3g​
agrabah_jafar.m3g​
agrabah_throne_snake.m3g​

Looking at the specs of M3G files, they are divided by sections called ObjectTypes. I think these files seem to crash any standard M3G viewer because the other files use up to 23 ObjectTypes, but most of these SWERVE ones seem to use an undocumented custom ObjectType 24 that the viewers don't expect.

(Although not all, like training_part1.m3g, so you might trick M3G Viewers by hex editing the header to «JSR184»)

I suspect that this ObjectType 24 has the contents of some special texturing (used on the mountain and lava textures from Swashbuckler's Island), but its data seems to be very very small to contain textures, compared to the others, so no idea what is this supposed to be for. That's why I couldn't get those textures on page 2 of this thread. Maybe it's a call to the Swerve swv21brew library, and the textures are stored there?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
When you realize an old phone game from the early 2000's has more Disney bosses in it than KH 3, what a world we live in.
The croc is a Disney character? I don't recall him from the movie & the Disney wikia didn't turn up anything. If anything, I think it reflects on how Square designs original characters. The ones in VCast: parrot, crocodile, mummy, merchant; they FEEL like Disney characters. They fit into the worlds so naturally one could mistake them for genuine articles. You NEVER get that from Nomura, he's not even trying. VCast is like an insight on an alternate timeline where they took an entirely different approach with KH.

Soldier

Awards
The croc is a Disney character? I don't recall him from the movie & the Disney wikia didn't turn up anything. If anything, I think it reflects on how Square designs original characters. The ones in VCast: parrot, crocodile, mummy, merchant; they FEEL like Disney characters. They fit into the worlds so naturally one could mistake them for genuine articles. You NEVER get that from Nomura, he's not even trying. VCast is like an insight on an alternate timeline where they took an entirely different approach with KH.
Well given the fact that in the original KH, there are only 3 categories of characters that it could fall under (it most definitely is NOT a heartless) those being Disney, Final Fantasy and original character (which is often considered more or less a subset of Final Fantasy; that opinion is not universal) it's more in line with being a Disney character since Disney has experience with crocs before
1655166504910.png
(also worth noting that it's in a world that branches off of England, in much the same way Neverland does)
Given the fact that it appears in a world closely related to Peter Pan due to both stories originating in England, and the fact that both Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan star Katherine Beaumont as Alice and Wendy respectively, I've come up with a theory. It's not a GOOD theory, but worth noting.

So KH V-cast is essentially a dream Sora is having in the gummi ship right? that's the whole plot of the game and fits seamlessly into the KH timeline if it was canon (it isn't but it very easily could be, just say that the events happen before SDG arrive at Hollow Bastion). Assuming that it's set before the penultimate world, that means Sora Donald and Goofy have visited every world besides the final two in KH, and thus know of Agrabah and Wonderland as they've physically been there. Swashbuckler's Island is pretty straightforward, Sora was always interested in pirates and his subconscious created a "world" based off of what he knew of them. Given the fact that Destiny Islands is situated in what I assume is a colossal ocean and the actual town seems pretty close to our modern world, it's likely that they had a substantial maritime history, with all of the trappings that come with it. The kids play pirate with wooden swords, Sora expresses an interest in sailing a pirate ship in Port Royal, and they even build a raft to set out on an adventure. So it's not too farfetched to assume that it's a world solely created from his memories and knowledge of deserted islands and swashbucklers.

As for the crocodile in Wonderland, that's simple really. Assuming it is between Neverland and Hollow Bastion on the timeline as I stated earlier, Sora and co. already experienced their near death experience with Tick Tock acting as their executioner before learning to fly. Whether or not Destiny Islands folk have any concept of large semi aquatic reptiles is a discussion for another day, but Sora definitely has seen one and thus his mind is aware of what constitutes a crocodile. Since V-cast is a dream however, it's a realm where nearly anything can happen (a proto-realm of sleep before 3D was a twinkle in Nomura's eye) and reality itself isn't a guaranteed constant. So Sora can meet with people and animals in V-cast that he is aware of, but in differing circumstances than what he initially saw in when he was awake. Thus you've got an abnormally colored crocodile boss in Wonderland (a world already made of a dream itself) where there wasn't one before.

This concludes my Ted Talk, goodnight.

Back