• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► Should everything Disney exist in Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
Like should we really try and put every Disney IP ever into one series? I feel like that while it would be amazing in concept. The lore would be even more of a mess than it is now

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
We can start by saying no Song of the South ever. Nazi Donald probably isn't likely to show up either.

Sonofjafar

Awards
We can start by saying no Song of the South ever.
Well that’s obviously not gonna happen anyway. What I’m really worried about is Disney’s possible future acquisitions. I know they already have Star Wars prepped for Kingdom Hearts but there’s only so many IPs you can purchase that actually work for this franchise. Just look at the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen graphic novel and their attempt to make all classic literature canon. There was just so much that nobody could keep track

Last edited:

AR829038

Awards
There's a wide swathe of Disney content that we can be assured will NEVER show up in KH, either because they're problematic (like Song of the South, Nazi Donald) or because they aren't really associated that heavily as part of the Disney brand (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, The Black Hole, National Treasure), or because they are primarily drama-centric films that don't really fit well with an action-themed game (Mary Poppins, Old Yeller, The Parent Trap), or even because there are licensing difficulties with the properties (Disney owns the rights to the first two Chronicles of Narnia films, but not the third one, and we all know what happened to Tarzan).
Even taking all that into account, the Disney library is still chock full of IPs that can be used outside of the traditional animated canon. And Nomura always likes throwing in at least one surprise unorthodox choice that doesn't fit neatly into the Disney brand, like The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tron, and Pirates of the Caribbean. So there's still plenty of stuff they can use, and that's without delving into Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios, Jim Henson, or ABC.

Sonofjafar

Awards
There's a wide swathe of Disney content that we can be assured will NEVER show up in KH, either because they're problematic (like Song of the South, Nazi Donald) or because they aren't really associated that heavily as part of the Disney brand (20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, The Black Hole, National Treasure), or because they are primarily drama-centric films that don't really fit well with an action-themed game (Mary Poppins, Old Yeller, The Parent Trap), or even because there are licensing difficulties with the properties (Disney owns the rights to the first two Chronicles of Narnia films, but not the third one, and we all know what happened to Tarzan).
Even taking all that into account, the Disney library is still chock full of IPs that can be used outside of the traditional animated canon. And Nomura always likes throwing in at least one surprise unorthodox choice that doesn't fit neatly into the Disney brand, like The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tron, and Pirates of the Caribbean. So there's still plenty of stuff they can use, and that's without delving into Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios, Jim Henson, or ABC.
Speaking of Jim Henson, can Disney only use the muppets or could we get something like Labyrinth in Kingdom Hearts

AR829038

Awards
Speaking of Jim Henson, can Disney only use the muppets or could we get something like Labyrinth in Kingdom Hearts
I can't even begin to answer that with any sort of informed insight. The legal machinations that it takes for Nomura to get his hands on non-mainline Disney properties are notoriously dense, and I have no idea how possible that would realistically be.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Fair enough. Anyway, the only reason I bring this up is due to just watching a review of the entire League of Extraordinary Gentlemen graphic novel series by Alan Moore and noticing how dense of a series it is lore wise

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The fact that Chicken Little is canonically in the KH universe somewhere means that anything is possible, at least in my eyes. It just depends on if or when we will ever encounter them.

Whether I think everything should be put in, that's a NO. KH should work like this: DISNEY IPs are used to enhance and relate thematically to the original plot of the game and provide a visually interesting gameplay level. KH should NOT force DISNEY IPs into the game "just because".

Noáll

Awards
Dang, but Narnia in Kingdom Hearts could be awesome. Oh, if only...

GreyouTT

Awards
Aye it should be in the series. I'd have not payed attention to it as a wee lad otherwise.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
The fact that Chicken Little is canonically in the KH universe somewhere means that anything is possible, at least in my eyes. It just depends on if or when we will ever encounter them.

Whether I think everything should be put in, that's a NO. KH should work like this: DISNEY IPs are used to enhance and relate thematically to the original plot of the game and provide a visually interesting gameplay level. KH should NOT force DISNEY IPs into the game "just because".
I can see a Chicken Little world actually happening tbh though

of course it'd become a meme in the KH fanbase but Nomura could look back at past summons from KH1 & KH2 that didn't have worlds yet - and then he picks Chicken Little

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I can see a Chicken Little world actually happening tbh though

of course it'd become a meme in the KH fanbase but Nomura could look back at past summons from KH1 & KH2 that didn't have worlds yet - and then he picks Chicken Little
I seriously doubt it. I forgot Chicken Little was even a DISNEY movie. The only reason I remember it is because of KH2.

It would be a typical Nomura troll moment if he picks a Chicken Little world over Dumbo or Bambi - or just choosing to revisit Chicken Little in some capacity over Dumbo or Bambi.

Although, I find it hilarious that the Summon Charms in KH2 literally teleported the actual character from their world to the world Sora was in (so long "world order"). So Chicken Little who never met Sora and is afraid of everything just gets teleported out of his world to a battlefield at random moments. I guess that could be the premise of Chicken Little 2.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Maybe they can roll Chicken Little into Zootopia, say they're both the same world.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe they can roll Chicken Little into Zootopia, say they're both the same world.
I wouldn't mind a Chicken Little cameo in the ZOOTopia world, but honestly I rather they just ignore Chicken Little.

Back