• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are the Angel Star heartless actual angels?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hearts_Seaker_3000

Awards
Hi guys :)

My name is Hearts_Seaker_3000, nice to meet you :)

I was actually a member on this forum, and other Kingdom Hearts forums, but due to personal reasons I couldn't post often and eventually forgot my username and password so I decided to create a new account.

I asked this question a long time ago, but because a long time has passed and since two Kingdom Hearts games have come out after the 1.5+2.5 collections and the 2.9 prologue I decided to ask the question again here and on other forums just in case any new information might have come during my absences.

Are the Angel Star heartless actual Angels like the ones that Muslims and Christians believe in?

The reason I'm asking this is because there are some games like Bayonetta and Darksiders who merge there own merge their own lure with religions and I was wondering if Kingdom Hearts did the same thing.

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
They aren't. Only pureblood heartless are natural beings that have existed for a very long time, since darkness started corrupting the hearts of people. Emblem heartless are artificial.

Angels are God's creations but there's nothing divine about the origin of the Angel Star heartless. As any other Emblem heartless they are creatures of darkness created not long ago by Xehanort after studying pureblood heartless and experimenting with human subjects and their hearts. There are some heartless with elemental affinity and holy is not an exception, even if it seems a contradiction to have a dark being with power over light.

This is the official lore from KH1 and 2 but after some plot developments of Union X and Dark Road which delved a bit more into the origins of darkness I cannot say for sure if Pureblood heartless are really "natural" or they should be considered artificial as well. It doesn't really matter.

Soldier

Awards
They aren't. Only pureblood heartless are natural beings that have existed for a very long time, since darkness started corrupting the hearts of people. Emblem heartless are artificial.

Angels are God's creations but there's nothing divine about the origin of the Angel Star heartless. As any other Emblem heartless they are creatures of darkness created not long ago by Xehanort after studying pureblood heartless and experimenting with human subjects and their hearts. There are some heartless with elemental affinity and holy is not an exception, even if it seems a contradiction to have a dark being with power over light.

This is the official lore from KH1 and 2 but after some plot developments of Union X and Dark Road which delved a bit more into the origins of darkness I cannot say for sure if Pureblood heartless are really "natural" or they should be considered artificial as well. It doesn't really matter.
Pretty much this, a lot of emblem heartless tend to mimic objects and creatures in the realm of light, and given a lot of "angelic" attributes given to protagonists weapons over the games (Oathkeeper has angel wings for it's guard, Way to the Dawn has two of them, etcetera) it's not too out there to imagine that angels exist in some capacity in the KH universe. But to say that they are angels is like saying that a statue of an angel from a factory is one, just because it resembles one doesn't mean it was one.

It's also important to note that as far as the series is concerned, Angel Stars seem to be extinct in the mainline titles. I initially believed that heartless evolve over time depending on the impending force that is threatening the realm of light, but someone on this forum eloquently put it like this:
The way artificial heartless are made is similar to an image printed onto a paper, eventually the machine will "run out" of a copy and that heartless no longer appears.

Back