• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Listen, I was SCREAMING inside about Chrono Cross and Radical Dreamers! Chrono Cross has always been one of my favorites and I'm so excited to be able to have it on my Switch and for Radical Dreamers to finally get an offical English release!

I'm also hyped about Xenoblade 3, Live A Live, Fire Emblem, Mother 1&2/Earthbound 1&2 being made available on Switch, Mario Strikers, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Advance Wars 1&2, and I bet there's even more I'm not remembering right now. This was truly an incredible direct.

YES. Liva A Live was another one I just wouldn't have expected, but was very excited to see! It and Mother/Earthbound are probably enough of an excuse for me to finally cave on a Switch, but my backlog is just so f'ed at this point. Might just have to steal my partner's for a bit. Chrono & Klonoa are for sure coming to other consoles though, so I'm completely happy to see them announced.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
YES. Liva A Live was another one I just wouldn't have expected, but was very excited to see! It and Mother/Earthbound are probably enough of an excuse for me to finally cave on a Switch, but my backlog is just so f'ed at this point. Might just have to steal my partner's for a bit. Chrono & Klonoa are for sure coming to other consoles though, so I'm completely happy to see them announced.
I didn't know much about Live A Live before this, but it looks so up my alley and I love the HD2D that's been going on so in about it!

And I'm glad Chrono Cross is dropping on as much as possible so it has a better chance of flourishing. While I'm absolutely getting it for Switch, it would have been a shame if it was Switch only. I've never played Klonoa, but I'm curious

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I've never played Klonoa, but I'm curious

I've actually never played the first one (which is another reason I'm excited for the bundle). But Lunatea's Veil is something that I would play annually. It was just that addictive for me. It's a platformer with really cute, cel-shaded characters and the soundtrack - is . a . bop!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Depending on the games this will add a lot of value to the expansion pass for sure, assuming they aren't adding it with yet another more expensive tier.
I think GB wil be the base $20 tier while GBA is in the expansion. Also kinda assuming GB also means GBC too.

Edit: Well shit, CoM IS on a leaked list of GBA games!
gbagames.large.jpg

Edit 2: some of these listed seem unlikely and may have just been for testing purposes. There's already a Castlevania GBA collection so why would they be here? Ditto for MM Zero series. And I assume Capcom intends on releasing a Battle Network collection eventually.

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
Could they please put Battle Network on Switch, I have been waiting for it.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Max; I"m champing at the bit for my copy of Live a Live. There was a fan translation (I won't say where, google it, I played most of that long ago just cuz and I was bored on college finals week) and liked it. Can't wait to revisit it..and support Square for it. (If I play fan trans, I try to pay for what I played if it ever comes out officially.)

Again, don't ask me where to find the fan translation lol. If you are curious for a preview..Google it yourself. I don't want to get KHI in trouble with Ninty so I'd rather follow RPGamer's old rules here which was NO LINKS to things like that.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Metroid Prime HD ftw. That’s amazing.

BOTW2 trailer was lackluster. It does seem like they don’t want to reveal all too much.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Finally, a good trailer. They definitely saved the best for last. three-headed dragon Ganon hype

Max

Staff member
Awards
Of everything announced at the direct today, I am the most stoked for the Star Ocean 2 remake! The blend of 2D and 3D actually looks great, and the character portraits are gorgeous

Back