• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Utada at Coachella 4/16

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Everybody: they're singing Simple and Clean right
Hikaru: Somewhere Near Marseille is the entire set

Also currently in FMLMode because it's an hour's drive away and if only we'd been told hahaa nooo

But also excited
Yeah honestly I’m so upset we all found out YESTERDAY. I would have gone had I known in advance. I get that it was probably a late change for 88rising but still!

All I want to know now is if Utada will be at HITC in August so I can buy a pass to that.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
All I want to know now is if Utada will be at HITC in August so I can buy a pass to that.
I don't know what this is but it sounds like a great birthday gift so I am transmitting the gayest teddy bear vibrations for it. 🌈🌈🌈🧸🧸🧸

Definitely watching this!
Sure is nice to have an Utada event happen at a time that actually makes sense for those of us who are stuck in the States! Take pity on us miserable few who've long since learned to reorient our Hikkadian rhythm around JST hahaa

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I raised my voice when I realized it was First Love. I was almost in tears when I realized it was Automatic. Loved that we also got two KH songs but the debut album love was just as strong for me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Simple & Clean starting her set out was great but also I hate that her backtrack was so loud 😭

First Love was fantastic! Then FMF was great, too. Automatic was wonderful 😭😭😭

Now Utada needs to do a US tour 🥺

LostArtist

Awards
she seemed to be struggling vocally :(, idc still love her I'm biased
but hey we got the KH songs
AND first love and automatic, which I can't imagine how long time fans feel hearing those classic songs, being a relatively new fan myself who just went through all her albums/eps last year

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
"Let's go back to '98!"
That was so wholesome <33

she seemed to be struggling vocally
Well it helped that they were actually singing haha but yeah typically she takes a song or two to get warmed up, the medley format wasn't necessarily the best choice. I dug the transition from First Love to FMF tho that was unexpected in the best way

LostArtist

Awards
"Let's go back to '98!"
That was so wholesome <33

Well it helped that they were actually singing haha but yeah typically she takes a song or two to get warmed up, the medley format wasn't necessarily the best choice. I dug the transition from First Love to FMF tho that was unexpected in the best way
True lol I felt a lot better when the dude right after them was clearly lip syncing hahaha. And yea when it wound down like that and FMF started coming in with the piano, I was "oh?" that was nice

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
True lol I felt a lot better when the dude right after them was clearly lip syncing hahaha. And yea when it wound down like that and FMF started coming in with the piano, I was "oh?" that was nice
Yeah, more than anything though I think the way they take command of the stage is unmistakable, it's always great to see how they're connecting with the audience and carrying the music. Though Niki's set was lovely too! Mostly I loved how diverse the line up was in terms of delivery, must have been a blast to be there in person.

FMF is the western concert tour opener we all deserve

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
OMG WHAT!? IS THERE A LINK TO JUST HER PERFORMANCES!? SPECIFICALLY SIMPLE & CLEAN AND FACE MY FEARS!?

Katsagu

Awards
OMG WHAT!? IS THERE A LINK TO JUST HER PERFORMANCES!? SPECIFICALLY SIMPLE & CLEAN AND FACE MY FEARS!?
I don't think so. I tried searching for it but didn't find anything.

This is the stream that had her set. You can go back and find her, it was around 6:50 PM PDT, so just do some quick maths and see how long that was and go back that ammount of time.

I enjoyed that. Kinda crazy that I used to hear First Love a lot when I was a kid and had absolutely no idea that music was from Utada. Was kind of a surreal moment hearing that and recognizing it. But really liked the staging, especially on the last song where they seemed most happy all chilling on the stairs.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't think so. I tried searching for it but didn't find anything.

This is the stream that had her set. You can go back and find her, it was around 6:50 PM PDT, so just do some quick maths and see how long that was and go back that ammount of time.

I enjoyed that. Kinda crazy that I used to hear First Love a lot when I was a kid and had absolutely no idea that music was from Utada. Was kind of a surreal moment hearing that and recognizing it. But really liked the staging, especially on the last song where they seemed most happy all chilling on the stairs.
Which channel was she on? I checked the 3 channels on YouTube and I didn't find her.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Video unavailable in my country.

It's too early for me to figure this out, but Hikki is at the very beginning of the official Live Stream 1 in the US.. for, like, right now. In the middle of FMF.

Missed this while I was at work. I've saw snippets, and I definitely don't mind the raw vocals. I'm just glad, especially in the post-COVID, more sets have been accessible like this.

Hopefully their entire, isolated set will surface later.. after I get home from work. But yes, this is why I do need them to do a proper stateside tour (at a more intimate venue that will never happen). 😂

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Video unavailable in my country.

It's too early for me to figure this out, but Hikki is at the very beginning of the official Live Stream 1 in the US.. for, like, right now. In the middle of FMF.

Missed this while I was at work. I've saw snippets, and I definitely don't mind the raw vocals. I'm just glad, especially in the post-COVID, more sets have been accessible like this.

Hopefully her entire, isolated set will surface later.. after I get home from work. But yes, this is why I do need her to do a proper stateside tour (at a more intimate venue that will never happen). 😂
Is she before or after Megan Thee Stallion? I don't know any of the other people on this channel.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Is she before or after Megan Thee Stallion? I don't know any of the other people on this channel.
Utada performed as part of a showcase for 88rising which is like a label/music collective(?) promoting Asian artists, each of whom did a set of 3 or so songs. She did a medley with a short version of S&C followed by a short version of First Love, and then am abbreviated FMF and Automatic. Megan Thee Stallion went on after 88rising's showcase if I'm not mistaken, so I think the livestream has gone past the point of Hikaru's performance unfortunately. You can easily find snippets on YouTube though, just type in Hikaru Utada Coachella and I think most if not all of their performance is available just broken up into its different segments.

Anyway also this happened and I'm very happy

Edit: My bad I was at work and didn't realize all the YouTube stuff is click bait lol, here's the full set though:

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Some kind soul clipped just the Utada part:
This crowd was horrible! What's wrong with those idiots!?

Back