• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH4 Star Wars Speculation: Only the Forest Moon of Endor?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

JJ1020

Awards
The question regarding the possibility of Star Wars in KH4 has raised an interesting question. If this is indeed Endor, then that means that the world's story will take place during the events of Return of the Jedi.

This leads me to my main question; when Sora and company arrive in a galaxy far, far away, will they only be on Endor or will they start off on other planets showcased in the film. Namely, will we see Jabba's Palace on Tatooine, or travel with Luke Skywalker to Dagobah?

It would stand to reason that Sora would travel to the Death Star II to aid Luke in confronting the Emperor and trying to save Darth Vader.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
For now I think it will only be Endor's moon and the second Death Star ship. The events of the first half of the film will probably be explained to Sora through dialogue

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hmmm…I feel like they won’t miss out on a chance to improve on their flying mechanics from KH3 and will open it up at least to space so we can pilot a X-Wing and shoot down Empire ships. So Endor’s moon, space, and then the Imperial command ship.

Kaweebo

Awards
I honestly have no idea. There’s so many variables at play if this is true. Will it be Sora, Donald and Goofy together? Will it be Sora alone? How connected to the overall plot would this be compared to previous Disney worlds which were mostly self-contained?

I can’t imagine they’d drop us in the middle of RotJ and not have us there for the duel with the Emperor but I also think that’s one scene where it may be best we DON’T see Goofy standing the background while Luke is getting electrocuted. It’s really tricky how they could play this, if they are indeed doing it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I honestly have no idea. There’s so many variables at play if this is true. Will it be Sora, Donald and Goofy together? Will it be Sora alone? How connected to the overall plot would this be compared to previous Disney worlds which were mostly self-contained?

I can’t imagine they’d drop us in the middle of RotJ and not have us there for the duel with the Emperor but I also think that’s one scene where it may be best we DON’T see Goofy standing the background while Luke is getting electrocuted. It’s really tricky how they could play this, if they are indeed doing it.
I think Donald and Goofy being present for RotJ more serious and dramatic moments would be ok. If they are there in the Death Star they'll probably try to save Luke along with Sora instead of just acting silly

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
If they use Star Wars as a world in unreality, then they can eschew any issues it would normally have with the structure of KH's normal world and fully utilize its intergalactic setting.

That said, Star Wars could easily fill an entire game (and has, many times) so in the interest of dev time/pacing I imagine we would only get a couple locations. If they want to adapt an entire film, then each location would be truncated to compensate.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
How about multiple playable characters? The climax of the film is a battle fought on 3 fronts at once: space, forest, and throne room. It'd be hella awkward having Sora bounce between all 3 so it might make more sense to swap in other guys.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
How about multiple playable characters? The climax of the film is a battle fought on 3 fronts at once: space, forest, and throne room. It'd be hella awkward having Sora bounce between all 3 so it might make more sense to swap in other guys.
Interesting. Would be cool if Riku gets the forest, Strelitzia gets outer space, and SDG team up with Luke for Vader and Palpatine.

Last edited:
Awards
The question regarding the possibility of Star Wars in KH4 has raised an interesting question. If this is indeed Endor, then that means that the world's story will take place during the events of Return of the Jedi.

This leads me to my main question; when Sora and company arrive in a galaxy far, far away, will they only be on Endor or will they start off on other planets showcased in the film. Namely, will we see Jabba's Palace on Tatooine, or travel with Luke Skywalker to Dagobah?

It would stand to reason that Sora would travel to the Death Star II to aid Luke in confronting the Emperor and trying to save Darth Vader.
What?
Hoo boy. Is Square-Enix in for a treat.

1. Let's start with purpose:
Q: What is the purpose of Return of the Jedi's Luke character?
A: To fulfill the requirement of Lucas's research and conclusions on world religions for the hero's journey and to wrap up Star Wars finally.
-This entails:
A. The good son redeeming the good/bad father, as Lucas stated in the July 1981 storyboards.

Now, how does Sora fit in with all of this?
I have no idea.
Okay... Donald?
Okay... Goofy?
Maybe they should all wait on Endor and help open up that door to the Endor Bunker.

Granted, I am not a huge fan of ROTJ Luke (TESB is far superior in ethics, conduct, and emotionally resonant, imo.). And we will (probably) get to see this face in all of its splendid glory:I will not Turn.png
Look, I said it before, I'm not a big fan of this Luke, even though he's like supposed to be the cream of the crop, the ultimate form of Luke. A Dragonite looks less ugly (both in purpose and appearance) compared to a Dragonair from Pokemon, as opposed to ROTJ Luke to TESB Luke. I'm not joking.
LOOK AT THIS SHOT from TESB- LOOK AT IT:
Luke Right.png

This is like night and day. We have a close-up shot of Luke's face here, with WIDE-OPEN eyes, shortly/right at the beginning of the Bespin fight with Vader. He's going up to fight against a dangerous foe, whom he probably has some emotional baggage with (supposedly killing his father, Obi-Wan's death, his friends were tortured under Vader, etc.). It feels WAY more real to me than Luke giving his monotone, almost emotionless speeches in ROTJ, with an almost coaxing approach to me that sort of feels both hollow and smacks of arrogance/manipulation? (perhaps unintentionally), imo. And yes, I say this in light of Luke in the throne room scene in ROTJ:
1. Luke struggling like a indecisive kid with stealing a cookie from the cookie jar when he hides from Vader. (Not very heroic, imo.)

Here's Why Luke Skywalker Has Not Turned To The Dark Side In Star Wars: The  Force Awakens - Overmental

1649914807896.png
(I am fear, hear me roar.) This is (basically) Luke's face right after Vader concludes that Luke has a sister, This is also not very heroic and actually makes the transition to full-blown anger in the next scene rather jarring, imo, since the (hidden) reaction is on Vader talking before Luke animatedly screams, "Never!".

This is ROTJ in a nutshell, in my honest opinion:

4K] Emperor's throne room - Star Wars. Episode VI: Return of the Jedi -  YouTube

It's Luke acting with a holier-than-thou attitude (to the Emperor, to a lot of his obstacles) whilst Vader stands in the background, exerting his peer-pressure, in the hope of converting Luke to the dark side, since the Emperor can (somehow?) do it better than he can, even though Vader has the best persuasive arguments compared to the Emperor in TESB. And it's also since Vader gave up converting Luke directly in this film, even though that was R2-D2's fault (and Vader DID attempt to mentally persuade Luke on the Falcon after the fight, so he didn't just give up in TESB right after Luke made the jump, as opposed to common knowledge of the scene, imo.). Unless you argue that Vader was mentally worn down, it seems a bit convenient and lazy of Vader, imo.

This attitude from Luke flucuates between the fear that I showed in the pics (struggle from the dark side) and a stoic (Jedi?) demeanor. There is some genuine emotion sprinkled throughout, but I feel that overall it doesn't shine like it does in both ANH and TESB, imo.

Namely, will we see Jabba's Palace on Tatooine, or travel with Luke Skywalker to Dagobah?

Jabba's palace in the narrative primarily fulfills these needs:
1. Wrap up saving Han Solo.
2. Show Luke as an equal to Vader as fulfilling his (largely?) stoic Jedi role.
3. Parallel and Contrast the confrontation with the Emperor later in the film (Luke has success with Jabba by gloating over him/saying that he'll die, but bragging in front of the Emperor/claiming that he has the upper hand falls remarkably flat.).
4. Show how much Luke cares about his friends.

Also to answer this question (the antagonist, who may be the central conflict in this world):
2. Who is the Emperor?
A. The Emperor is a Lich-type character, as described as such/in a similar fashion (I think by Phil Tippett, who did the make-up for the Emperor.) The Emperor was also envisioned as being drawn from an Obi-Wan-esque/Obi-Wan character, hence the hooded appearance (Yes, it's not just because he's a creepy dude/Satan.). Also, The Emperor is Richard Nixon, his surroundings having been described as Nixonian and Lucas having described The Emperor's backstory as Richard M. Nixon (which I initially thought was a joke, but I think he was being serious.) in the July 1981 storyboard meetings for ROTJ. The Emperor is also a puppet for the dark side, as the Making of the Empire Strikes Back says with (presumably?) Lucas's notes from its development. I believe that Lucas has also called the Emperor an embodiment of the dark side??? (I will need to check that again.) I do know that the Emperor was expanding on the concept of "only your hatred can destroy me" line/concept from TESB from TESB Vader, which is why the Emperor seemingly has Vader's lines/ideas in the film.

I just feel that overall, mixing Sora, Donald, and Goofy into the mix of all of this is going to be really weird, plus especially if a giant heartless appears at the end.

Last edited:

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Not exactly about the Star Wars world itself, but I just had a crazy idea---

Because we know that Sora is from the KH universe which, at least according to the people of Quadratum, is somewhat considered "fictional" or...not 'real' in any case, perhaps they are going to be playing with the idea of fiction/reality on a greater scope beyond just KH universe VS Quadratum.

Sora afawk wouldn't have access to the Gummi Ship in his current state. But what if the way we access other worlds through Quadratum is via "fictional" portals. For example, if Quadratum has a movie theatre, maybe one of the movies playing at the theater is Star Wars and that is how Sora would be able to "enter" that universe, by basically going into the film itself at the theater.

Then maybe other worlds will be accessed via books, billboards, comics, etc. It would keep Quadratum as a "hub" per-say because all of those fictional portals would be in the city somewhere in somewhat logical locations for them to be, but would leap Sora into completely different universes that would still be considered fictional to the people of Quadratum, but not to Sora once he arrives.

But also back onto topic of Star Wars--

Isn't one part of Luke's journey about him deciding to go to the path of the Jedi and the "light" way? I wonder if Sora is going to have a similar struggle between light/darkness in this game. (or that Sora's darkness is represented by Yozora and they are going to have a struggle between themselves??)

Just the fact that this chess piece we see on the board is half/half split between light and darkness it would almost make sense thematically for Sora to visit Luke at this period of indecision between light side and dark side.
The crown image with half in dark half in light might just be a coincidence or shading but...I dunno.
crownindarkness.png

Last edited:
Awards
If anything the real problem is

how tf will Palpatine work as a boss

Fucking guy only ever uses one move anymore and it's lightning that killed his ass cuz Rey Sue just...deflected it and he refused to stop.

No wonder they might just do a singular Vader boss

SweetYetSalty

Awards
If anything the real problem is

how tf will Palpatine work as a boss

Fucking guy only ever uses one move anymore and it's lightning that killed his ass cuz Rey Sue just...deflected it and he refused to stop.

No wonder they might just do a singular Vader boss
In order for Palpatine and/or Vader to work as a boss, Sora needs a defense against the force, otherwise nothing stops them from merely choking him in the middle of battle or force pushing him away. Palpatine heavily uses the force in his fighting styles.

Edit: I am actually excited about a potential Death Star mission using the Gummi Ship. KH3 finally made the Gummi Ship fun so if KH4 expands on it this will be a very fun section to play.

Last edited:
Awards
If we're getting live action Star Wars in "Unreality", then I hope we get animated Star Wars in "Reality". It would be really interesting if Sora met Clone Wars era Anakin and Darth Vader in the same game, but in two different universes.

kvyra

Awards
MoM saying to Sora I am your farther.. Sora getting a robot arm confirmed

JJ1020

Awards
MoM saying to Sora I am your farther.. Sora getting a robot arm confirmed
Sora has so many duplicates, Nobodies, and other linked persons that there might as well be a scene reminiscent of the "I'm Spartacus" scene from, well, Spartacus. Except with "I'm Sora", which would only be furthered if the MoMs is indeed Sora like some have speculated.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
If they do a Star Wars/KH scene I hope it goes crazy like this,

Ghost Xehanort: "Lauriam never told you what happened to the player."

Strelitzia (with one hand): "He told me enough. He told me you took over their heart!"

Ghost Xehanort: "No, I am the player!"

Strelitzia: "No! That makes no sense!"

Ghost Xehanort: "Search the Union X page on your Gummi Phone, and you'll know it to be true!"

Back