• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speculation: Star Wars in KH4 Trailer?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Despite being a Star Wars fan myself, I never wanted it in Kingdom Hearts. For a number of reasons but I've been preparing myself for it because it felt inevitable. If Star Wars is in, I'll be forced to accept it. Don't exactly agree with it but I won't rant and whine about it. I just hope they don't use the live action remakes of Disney movies. That I would rant and whine about lol.
Honestly, same. While I don’t want to believe it, I can see the how and why, and if it turns out to be true, I’ll have to accept it. All we can do is wait and see what comes out.
I don't necessarily believe there will be a Star Wars "world". I think there will be locations, characters, and elements from the series integrated within Quadratum.
Okay, that‘s an idea I can get behind. If we can have versions of Disney and Final Fantasy characters unique to KH, maybe that could be how they could incorporate Star Wars into the series rather have it be a full on world. Heck, if Marvel ends up in here they could potentially establish an Avengers building in Quadratum if they wanted. Not that I’d want that, but I could see it happening.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I see. Think we'll get Heartless Stormtroopers that never hit their target?

I wanna see this but with a Heartless emblem.

main-qimg-8c878eaa95b29104252d89240f710b39-lq

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Hey wait a minute. Maybe someone already mentioned it, but I just realized. Endor? Return of the Jedi?

What the hell? Why would they introduce Star Wars there, at the final battle? What about A New Hope? Sora should experience it all from the beginning, be part of the journey from Tatooine to the trench run in the gummi ship. Hoth to Cloud City. Why on earth would they waste the vast majority of the trilogy and jump right to Endor? That's massively disappointing.
And here we go. New KH game, new complaints.

They skipped over other film storylines too like Toy Story 1. We don't even know if they're going to follow Return of the Jedi or if they're just having a Star Wars section of Quadratum. It can even be a completely unique spin-off story with Ahsoka. We don't know anything except that Star Wars will be featured in KH IV in some shape or form.

This game also seems to be hinting at these worlds being one-shots that will never be revisited, so Return of the Jedi is probably the best choice. But also, we don't even know the scope of it... what if they merged the latter part of Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi? That way Sora is literally thrust into seeing Luke get his arm chopped off or Han frozen, then having to go from there. It would be such a departure from the usual DISNEY world where Sora appears and instantly makes friends and is all happy-go-lucky.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hm, random thought #1: I wonder how the Inquisitors would deal with Sora. He isn’t a Force user in the traditional sense but in the context of the franchise, he is Force sensitive. Would they hunt him down? Or would they try to recruit him? He has a strong Dark side, after all.

Random thought #2: I can’t believe Nomura is going to make a better Star Wars project than JJ Abrams hahaha

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Hm, random thought #1: I wonder how the Inquisitors would deal with Sora. He isn’t a Force user in the traditional sense but in the context of the franchise, he is Force sensitive. Would they hunt him down? Or would they try to recruit him? He has a strong Dark side, after all.

Random thought #2: I can’t believe Nomura is going to make a better Star Wars project than JJ Abrams hahaha

They would totally suspect him to be Force sensitive if he does magic and crazy stunts. However seeing how Sora wasn’t affected by the Aztec curse, would he be able to wield the force?

Xagzan

Awards
And here we go. New KH game, new complaints.

They skipped over other film storylines too like Toy Story 1. We don't even know if they're going to follow Return of the Jedi or if they're just having a Star Wars section of Quadratum. It can even be a completely unique spin-off story with Ahsoka. We don't know anything except that Star Wars will be featured in KH IV in some shape or form.

Nothing wrong with raising complaints with something people feel could be disappointing. Not exactly like KH has earned my unquestioning benefit of the doubt. Toy Story was a great world but it is too bad we won't get to go to that pizza place or Sid's house, on the scale of a KH3 stage. Anyway, if they do something with Ahsoka I think that'd be the first time KH used a TV show rather than a film?

This game also seems to be hinting at these worlds being one-shots that will never be revisited, so Return of the Jedi is probably the best choice.

Where are people getting this from? We had one trailer with minimal dialogue that didn't say anything about this subject. We've barely even seen any hint of a world aside from Quadratum.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Nothing wrong with raising complaints with something people feel could be disappointing. Not exactly like KH has earned my unquestioning benefit of the doubt. Toy Story was a great world but it is too bad we won't get to go to that pizza place or Sid's house, on the scale of a KH3 stage. Anyway, if they do something with Ahsoka I think that'd be the first time KH used a TV show rather than a film?

Where are people getting this from? We had one trailer with minimal dialogue that didn't say anything about this subject. We've barely even seen any hint of a world aside from Quadratum.
The dialogue suggests that once they leave a world, then cannot return. It would make sense that Quadratum and "unreality" is treated differently than the regular worlds because otherwise what's the point of making such a big deal out of them?

KH world selection should be about two things: 1) aesthetic for gameplay environment and 2) thematic relevance. A New Hope's storyline definitely will not match Sora's current predicament and wouldn't even offer a proper boss fight or Luke as a Jedi. Not only that, but it locks in the next 2 KH games having Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi worlds. Will those films match the KH narrative at that time?

I think Return of the Jedi is the smartest choice for this game. It's at a pretty dismal part of the story where things are not looking good for the heroes. I can even see Sora learning from Luke seeing that Anakin was still in Darth Vader (using the force) as something he can use in the main plot for seeing who Yozora truly is. Not only that, but it gets the main Star Wars story out of the way, so that if they ever do revisit it's open for original stories using a post Empire world with Luke (before the DISNEY films).

I'm not sure if they have done anything from a TV show yet. I doubt it. I think the closest was straight to video/DVD films.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They would totally suspect him to be Force sensitive if he does magic and crazy stunts. However seeing how Sora wasn’t affected by the Aztec curse, would he be able to wield the force?
I think his heart juju would operate similarly to the Force, so it wouldn’t be so much him using it but his own abilities would just be thought to be the part of the Force by everybody else.

Chie

Awards
Nothing wrong with raising complaints with something people feel could be disappointing. Not exactly like KH has earned my unquestioning benefit of the doubt. Toy Story was a great world but it is too bad we won't get to go to that pizza place or Sid's house
There's no reason to think you won't. There are many opportunities in this setting to explore earlier parts of these worlds' personal timelines, which KH has already done several times.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

A cool concept video I found on what a boss fight would look like.

That’s sick. Kudos to the modder. I would’ve done Palpatine instead since he can canonically fight fast, and his lightning matches the nothingness attacks.

But obviously Vader is the cooler choice!

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Hello everyone, finally have returned after a year long hiatus from here since there hasn't been much to talk about since Kingdom Hearts 3 remind. Now there's plenty to get into now that Kingdom Hearts 4 has officially been announced and showcased earlier this month. What a time to be a fan of the series.

I've been reading some of the comments here like some thinking because of how the visuals look in the game and also how Sora will be stuck on the other side for majority of the game which means most of the Disney worlds (or none at all) would work for this game. I just want to refresh everyone's memories here that many people made the same assumptions about Kingdom Hearts 2! When everyone saw the Deep Dive trailer majority of everyone assumed that most of the game would take place in the world that never was, and that the game was going to be very dark for Disney movies to be featured in. Look how that turned out.

We can't base everything that will occur in the game just off this teaser trailer. It's fun to formulate theories about it, but make no mistake, it will not truly be a real big numbered Kingdom Hearts sequel unless Sora (along with Donald and Goofy) journey through Disney properties. I bet Sora being in Quadratum would be reminiscent of Roxas in the fake Twilight Town. It will be a 2-3 hour prologue then Sora eventually reunites with his friends, and we get into the main game itself.

Now on topic with Star Wars. I've never been that big of a fan of it, however I will at least say that I enjoy the original trilogy and give it respect for what those three films achieved. I also admit I enjoy playing Battlefront 2 with friends. In my controversial opinion I think Star Wars is at the very least a far better fit for KH than Marvel is. The themes between Star Wars and Kingdom Hearts are quite similar that it does beg for a crossover.

Marvel could end up being a jumbled up mess being incorporated in KH. So many questions. Which Marvel characters would we interact with and have as party members because there are so many to choose from? What messages or story bits would a Marvel world provide? What would the locations be? Why go for Marvel at all when we have properties like the Incredibles and Gargoyles to choose for hero type worlds? Biggest question is which version of Marvel are we doing? The MCU? Some of the animated series? The comic books?

It's because of all that, Star Wars has great advantages of being included better than Marvel. Has a very straight lined continuity (no over abundance of multiple versions of the same characters). Unique locations and lore. Not too many main characters, a more balanced cast overall. Themes which coincide with Kingdom Hearts. Even the "fantasy" feel of Star Wars feels more in line with the likes of Disney and Pixar and Final Fantasy. So in conclusion I welcome it. Certainly would give KH4 some much added uniqueness of possibly being the only Kingdom Hearts title to have Star Wars in it.

On a side note it would be fun to see Sora, Donald, and Goofy interact with the original Star Wars crew, and have boss fights with Darth Vader, the Emperor, and maybe even a heartless possessed Death Star. This is going to be a fun ride until the game is finally released.

Last edited:
Back