• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
I know it's not a Sony exclusive thing but did anyone else try The Matrix Unreal Engine 5 experience? When it went to the city part... I couldn't believe it. I know KH would never do everything that The Matrix was showing off but the idea about no anti-aliasing, full high quality textures with no streaming errors (already solved on PS5 tech with UE4 as shown by FFVIIR but there's no reason for blurry textures now), natural lighting with no lights manually placed, and no pop-in would certainly be an amazing boon for jumping to UE5.

The stats as well...

• The city is 4,138 km wide and 4.968 km long, slightly larger than the size of downtown Los Angeles
  • The city surface is 15.79 km2
  • The city perimeter is 14.519 km long
  • There are 260 km of roads in the city
  • There are 512 km of sidewalk in the city
  • There are 1,248 intersections in the city
  • There are 45,073 parked cars, of which 38,146 are drivable and destructible
  • There are 17,000 simulated traffic vehicles on the road that are destructible
  • 7,000 buildings
  • 27,848 lamp posts on the street side only
  • 12,422 sewer holes
  • Almost 10 million unique and duplicated assets were created to make the city
  • The entire world is lit by only the sun, sky and emissive materials on meshes. No light sources were placed for the tens of thousands of street lights and headlights. In night mode, nearly all lighting comes from the millions of emissive building windows
  • 35,000 simulated MetaHuman pedestrians
  • Average polygon count? 7000k buildings made of 1000s of assets and each asset could be up to millions of polygons so we have several billions of polygons to make up just the buildings of the city

I just started playing Assassin's Creed and was amazed at how much more refined and revolutionary Odessy was compared to Origins. And them Valhalla was compared to Odessy. They churn these out, swapping dev teams each title but despite that, it's a stunning improvement for just one or two titles a few years apart. Everything about it is cutting edge. There's a similar scene in Valhalla to the Elizabeth one in KH3 and you'd think the latter would wipe the floor with Assassin's Creen cutscenes for dialogue, visuals and acting. But nope. Not even close. When a sequel to a two year old game makes it suddenly look extremely dated, you got to wonder why a sequel to a 15 year old game seems like the same product with an upgraded texture pack and more NPCs.

While other high-profile developers are at pains to remain at the cutting edge of technology and industry advancements, you still have a worrying amount of people on this forum either defending SE's glacial rate of progress or, even worse, pleading with the company not to make advances in adopting new industry standards in case it proves to much for them. With the level of concern you'd think their dads owned the company.

D

Deleted member 246005

One of them could be Jak and Daxter. It's a longshot but you never know...;).

One of them is probably last of us part 3. I'm hoping one of them is a new sci-fi game. They had a couple of cool concepts in their art book.

Last edited by a moderator:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

One of them could be Jak and Daxter. It's a longshot but you never know...;).

One of them is probably last of us part 3. I'm hoping one of them is a new sci-fi game. They had a couple of cool concepts in their art book.
One of them could Playstation All Stars, that originally started as a Naughty Dog pitch.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
That's why I said partnership and not acquisition.
This is an acquisition though. While they’ll remain an independent studio, they’ll still be owned by Sony. Independent in this case just means they aren’t being absorbed or combined with PlayStation’s other studios and will retain their own publishing label.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Wonder if they might give it the same treatment they did with Ratchet and Clank. "The game based on the movie based on the game."

D

Deleted member 246005

Wonder if they might give it the same treatment they did with Ratchet and Clank. "The game based on the movie based on the game."
At this point...I'll take it.

There's always fanfiction ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
The marketing for Horizon Forbidden West is incredible. Feels like there's advertising everywhere. Square could learn a thing or two.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think I'm going to move to the top tier of PS+ come June (well, top tier for down under since we don't get streaming).

Every part of my body is crossed for Dissidia 012 and Crisis Core to be available on day one.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think I'm going to move to the top tier of PS+ come June (well, top tier for down under since we don't get streaming).

Every part of my body is crossed for Dissidia 012 and Crisis Core to be available on day one.
Ha, no. Square would sell ports at full price.

Back